1. NY
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 09:11
    I GOT IT!!! I know why they wer left out of the bible.. no even an honorable mention.. you see how HUGE they wer.. by the bones they left... ITS OBVEOUS!! They wer total gluttons... I mean you cant get that big without eating ALLOT... right right... thats gotta be it... Thats why "god" whiped them out.. he created a flawed race.. uh oh.. wait.. created a flaw.. no no no.. he must have given them free will like us he cant create flaws... wait a sec... i thought we wer the 1st ones with free will.. hmm.. does that mean wer next.. NOOOO!!!! my brain!!!
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 11:411 edit
    Originally posted by xxxenophobe
    I GOT IT!!! I know why they wer left out of the bible.. no even an honorable mention.. you see how HUGE they wer.. by the bones they left... ITS OBVEOUS!! They wer total gluttons... I mean you cant get that big without eating ALLOT... r ...[text shortened]... free will.. hmm.. does that mean wer next.. NOOOO!!!! my brain!!!
    I know why they wer left out of the bible..

Job40:15 "Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. 16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. 17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. 18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron. 19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him. 20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play. 21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens. 22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about. 23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth. 24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares"
  3. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 14:13
    Originally posted by dj2becker
    [b]I know why they wer left out of the bible..

Job40:15 "Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. 16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. 17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. 18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones ...[text shortened]... draw up Jordan into his mouth. 24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares"[/b]
    Erm... thanks for the 'I know' statement, but are you actually going to tell us why?

Nice bit of hypocracy though. Quoting a passage FROM the bible which I assume you think describes dinosaurs to prove why dinosaurs were LEFT OUT of the bible!
  4. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 14:19
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Erm... thanks for the 'I know' statement, but are you actually going to tell us why?

Nice bit of hypocracy though. Quoting a passage FROM the bible which I assume you think describes dinosaurs to prove why dinosaurs were LEFT OUT of the bible!
    The "I know statement" was not mine. It was a quotation of Xenephobes, statement.

The passage from the Bible was to prove Xenephobes' statement wrong.
  5. Standard memberDaemon Sin
    I'm A Mighty Pirate™
    PaTROLLING the forum
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 15:44
    The "I know statement" was not mine. It was a quotation of Xenephobes, statement.

The passage from the Bible was to prove Xenephobes' statement wrong.
    Sorry dj2becker, my mistake!

But I still don't see how such a generic and non-specific description about a large, vegetarian creature provves anything. That statement could be about any number of creatures from that time.
  6. NY
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 19:32
    Originally posted by Daemon Sin
    Sorry dj2becker, my mistake!

But I still don't see how such a generic and non-specific description about a large, vegetarian creature provves anything. That statement could be about any number of creatures from that time.
    MAD COWS!
  7. Standard membermantawa
    Muffin
    Moves
    01 Jun '05 21:47
    -Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee;
    Made with who?

-he eateth grass as an ox.
    Same diet as an ox.

-Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.
    Would make a good wrestler!

-He moveth his tail like a cedar:
    Just like that doggy in the window, the one with the the waggly tail.

-sinews of his stones are wrapped together.
    Umm ok.

-His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.
    This creature has strong bones, perhaps like an ox.

-He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.
    I need help here.

-Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
    Omnivore?

-He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
    Small enough to take cover in the reeds.

-The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.
    Mmmm Bob Ross should have painted this one.

-Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth
    Wow! I don't believe this.

-He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares"

I give this bit of descriptive writing an F.
  8. NY
    Moves
    02 Jun '05 07:16
    [b]I know why they wer left out of the bible..

Job40:15 "Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox. 16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly. 17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together. 18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones ...[text shortened]... draw up Jordan into his mouth. 24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares"[/b]
    "Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth"

Whel if this is mention of them.. this proves my point... total gluttons...
  9. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    02 Jun '05 19:11
    MAD COWS!
    With a tail like a cedar tree?
  10. Joined
    30 Mar '05
    Moves
    02 Jun '05 20:151 edit
    I GOT IT!!! I know why they wer left out of the bible.. no even an honorable mention.. you see how HUGE they wer.. by the bones they left... ITS OBVEOUS!! They wer total gluttons... I mean you cant get that big without eating ALLOT... r ...[text shortened]... free will.. hmm.. does that mean wer next.. NOOOO!!!! my brain!!!
    xXx, The Bible doesn't say a whole lot about anything before humans were around. What does Wicca have to say about dinosaurs? What do your "gods" have to say about them? Huh, huh? Nothing? Hmm... Must be that dinos don't have a whole lot to do with religion.

Now here's what I think:
    I don't think there were too many obese dinos running around. Ever consider the fact that maybe God destroyed them so they wouldn't gobble up the creation he was really after?

(and in case someone doesn't understand how I can believe in evolution AND creation I believe that to God, who is, was, and will be, evolution IS one means of creation.)
  11. NY
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 03:051 edit
    Originally posted by SomeBadThings
    xXx, The Bible doesn't say a whole lot about anything before humans were around. What does Wicca have to say about dinosaurs? What do your "gods" have to say about them? Huh, huh? Nothing? Hmm... Must be that dinos don't hav ...[text shortened]... od, who is, was, and will be, evolution IS one means of creation.)
    my gods created them.. a big metior bitch slapped them.. they died.. just because im wiccan doesnt mean theres any reason to refute scientific proof of things that existed since then.. and dinos wer only discovered not that long ago time line speakn.... and due to the fact that there is no Unified "church" or "book" in wicca... where would it be mentioned... they wer creatures created by and wer and still are a part of The All. they wer probobly magnificent beasts... so? whats yer point here hon?
  12. Joined
    30 Mar '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 04:111 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 04:32
    Originally posted by SomeBadThings
    I never refuted anything about dinosaurs or anything since then as I'm not idiotic enough to deny their existance. My point is that you created a post that attempts to bash my religion on the basis of something that has nothing to do with religion. Just as there is no reason to mention them in Wicca there is no reason to mention them in Christianity ...[text shortened]... nd we need to learn to respect each other and our beliefs even if we don't agree. Enough said.
    Christianity is the dominant faith of our times, in terms of numbers of adherents (about 2 billion). So it's natural that it will receive the most scrutiny. This has always been so, historically. Dominant faiths, or dominant ideologies, get the most criticism. In a sense that's a good democratic ideal, as it keeps things in check. The American nation itself is founded on that ideal -- not just the right to criticize those who are dominant or in power, or those political or religious doctrines that dominate, but the obligation to do so.

Wicca is an ancient faith, but currently tiny, comparatively speaking, in numbers of adherents. As xxx said, it has no holy book. Most pagan and shamanistic traditions have been oral traditions, passed down via families, often. As such it is difficult to criticize them because they are part of a closed system, so to speak, in which membership is required so that one can properly understand them from the inside. As with shamanism, Wicca does not center around a particular historical character, and so is difficult to codify, although there is something known as the "Wiccan rede", as I recall.

This situation, incidentally, was roughly reversed during the first century or so after Christ. Christianity then was largely an underground tradition, a minor and fractured cult, comprised of "Jesus communities". Pagan traditions during that time were dominant, especially via the polytheism of Rome.
  14. Joined
    30 Mar '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 04:531 edit
  15. NY
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 04:532 edits
    EDIT: THIS POST WAS OPPRESSED AND EDDITED!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree