1. NY
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 04:58
    Originally posted by SomeBadThings
    My post was to xxx specifically because I know him personally. It is not debate that makes me mad, I can debate all day; it is his lack of respect for my beliefs and the beliefs of others. In mentioning Wicca it was only to make one point clear to him... That dinosaurs have nothing to do with religion, nothing at all. There are now a number of book ...[text shortened]... one would respect what they say about Christianity. I'm speachless if that's asking too much.
    If ya wanted to send some thing to "me personaly" hon.. a forum aint the place ta do it... there is a p.m. option on this sight...
  2. Joined
    01 Dec '04
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 05:04
    Originally posted by SomeBadThings
    My post was to xxx specifically because I know him personally. It is not debate that makes me mad, I can debate all day; it is his lack of respect for my beliefs and the beliefs of others. In mentioning Wicca it was only to make one point clear to him... That dinosaurs have nothing to do with religion, nothing at all. There are now a number of book ...[text shortened]... one would respect what they say about Christianity. I'm speachless if that's asking too much.
    When someone is dating a Christian it would just be nice if one would respect what they say about Christianity.

"SomeBadThings" and "Xxxenophobe" are dating? Sounds like a match made in Red Hot Hell, LOL...

By the way, Wicca does have some distant connection with dinosaurs...weren't Fred and Wilma Flintstone pagans...? 😵
  3. NY
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 05:05
    Originally posted by Metamorphosis
    [b]When someone is dating a Christian it would just be nice if one would respect what they say about Christianity.

"SomeBadThings" and "Xxxenophobe" are dating? Sounds like a match made in Red Hot Hell, LOL...

By the way, Wicca does have some distant connection with dinosaurs...weren't Fred and Wilma Flintstone pagans...? 😵[/b]
    true dat... i fergot about the good il flintstones... they musta ben pagan... hell.. wasnt much more back then..
  4. NY
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 05:09
    WHAT THE CRAP!? our last 2 posts wer edited? man.. that took allot of typing to... what the hells with that.. i said nothing beond any guidelines.. did i? oh wait.. I CANT SEE IT.. whatever.. i go and explain my point of view in a sensible, semifactual, no cursing manner... and see what they do.. oppress my 1st amendment rights.. quick some one coppy this befor its eddited out!
  5. NY
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 05:23
    NEVER MIND!! SHE LOGGED ON AS ME AND EDDITED THEM!! WHAT A (SENSORED)!!!! Thats low... LOW!!!!... i refuze to play you any further... WOMAN! I'LL TAKE THE LOSS FOR THE GREATER COST... OPPRESSOR!!!!!

my appologies to "the man"..
  6. NY
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 06:543 edits
    😠

breath.. ok.. back to the discusion.

i reaaaaly need a beer...
    so.. to the last inteligent thing stated... and not childlishly edited by some one who didnt own the account.. hmm..

"Christianity is the dominant faith of our times, in terms of numbers of adherents (about 2 billion). So it's natural that it will receive the most scrutiny. This has always been so, historically. Dominant faiths, or dominant ideologies, get the most criticism. In a sense that's a good democratic ideal, as it keeps things in check. The American nation itself is founded on that ideal -- not just the right to criticize those who are dominant or in power, or those political or religious doctrines that dominate, but the obligation to do so.

Wicca is an ancient faith, but currently tiny, comparatively speaking, in numbers of adherents. As xxx said, it has no holy book. Most pagan and shamanistic traditions have been oral traditions, passed down via families, often. As such it is difficult to criticize them because they are part of a closed system, so to speak, in which membership is required so that one can properly understand them from the inside. As with shamanism, Wicca does not center around a particular historical character, and so is difficult to codify, although there is something known as the "Wiccan rede", as I recall.

This situation, incidentally, was roughly reversed during the first century or so after Christ. Christianity then was largely an underground tradition, a minor and fractured cult, comprised of "Jesus communities". Pagan traditions during that time were dominant, especially via the polytheism of Rome. "

thank you.. there.. wer back on track...
  7. Joined
    10 May '05
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 14:18
    -He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
    Small enough to take cover in the reeds.
    Yeah the ferns were a little bigger then smarty 😉
  8. Standard membermantawa
    Muffin
    Moves
    03 Jun '05 16:09
    Originally posted by LaurensK
    Yeah the ferns were a little bigger then smarty 😉
    Ok smarty, (if I understand your intent here.) How much bigger were they?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree