1. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 22:33
    Well.. I'm quite a open minded guy, despite the rispid tone I some times use. About dinosaurs in the bible, living with men.

Job 40:15-24
    "15 Behold now behemoth, which I made with thee; he eateth grass as an ox.
    16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.
    17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.
    18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.
    19 He is the chief of the ways of God: he that made him can make his sword to approach unto him.
    20 Surely the mountains bring him forth food, where all the beasts of the field play.
    21 He lieth under the shady trees, in the covert of the reed, and fens.
    22 The shady trees cover him with their shadow; the willows of the brook compass him about.
    23 Behold, he drinketh up a river, and hasteth not: he trusteth that he can draw up Jordan into his mouth.
    24 He taketh it with his eyes: his nose pierceth through snares."

What do you make of this? It sure looks like a brontosaurus!

Another thing, I don't get.
    All animals were herbivorous, right? When did they become carnivorous, and why?
  2. Standard memberabnoxio
    M.U.T.I
    Moves
    15 Feb '08 23:05
    Originally posted by serigado

Well KellyJay will disagree, but according to the Bible before the fall of Adam and Eve, there was no death on the earth, as with the introduction of sin came death. That has two major implications, one that dinosaurs could not have existed for millions of years before the advent of man, because they obviously died. And secondly it was free game to eat meat. Kellyjay will claim that it was after the flood that God gave dominion over animals to man, but in reality Gen 1:26 says: And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.
    So thats where that comes from. Be assured there is no consensus between Christians even in similar sects as to what is true as its all scraping the barrel for something that will bolster a preconceived belief.
  3. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 00:11
    Originally posted by abnoxio
    Well KellyJay will disagree, but according to the Bible before the fall of Adam and Eve, there was no death on the earth, as with the introduction of sin came death. That has two major implications, one that dinosaurs could not have existed for millions of years before the advent of man, because they obviously died. And secondly it was free game to eat meat. ...[text shortened]... at is true as its all scraping the barrel for something that will bolster a preconceived belief.
    Why didn't God make his words clear?
    I heard God himself wrote the first paragraphs, not any man.
    What if God is just trying to see who's more intelligent?

Maybe God sent all this as a test. Those who have a will strong enough to overcome dogma and fear of punishment in favor of rationality are the ones fit enough to meet him.
    Well... just another theory...
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 00:48
    Originally posted by abnoxio
    Well KellyJay will disagree, but according to the Bible before the fall of Adam and Eve, there was no death on the earth, as with the introduction of sin came death.
    I think even fundamentalists acknowledge this to mean "spiritual death". Otherwise, why did they need to eat?
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 03:12
    Well.. I'm quite a open minded guy, despite the rispid tone I some times use. About dinosaurs in the bible, living with men.

16 Lo now, his strength is in his loins, and his force is in the navel of his belly.
    17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his s ...[text shortened]... don't get.
    Alright, you've got me intrigued. Not your post, mind you, but one of the words you used. Rispid. Even the OED doesn't list it. Not too shabby, serigado.
  6. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 03:34
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Alright, you've got me intrigued. Not your post, mind you, but one of the words you used. Rispid. Even the OED doesn't list it. Not too shabby, serigado.
    hm.. sometimes I make free translation from portuguese to english. Most of the times the words exist... let me check translator... there it is 🙂

brusque, harsh

it really doesn't exist in english... but it sounded good 😀
  7. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 03:38
    Well... I wanted your point of view on this passage of the Bible... what's this one? It doesn't quite fit any animal.
    I want a rational explanation. (or maybe I just got the translation wrong - it's hard to read this archaic english version of the bible...)
  8. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 03:48

17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his stones are wrapped together.
    18 His bones are as strong pieces of brass; his bones are like bars of iron.
    19 He is the chie ...[text shortened]... se pierceth through snares."

What do you make of this? It sure looks like a brontosaurus!
    This sounds a lot like the beast that I often find in my shorts when I wake up in the morning.
  9. Joined
    28 Aug '07
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 03:51
    Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
    This sounds a lot like the beast that I often find in my shorts when I wake up in the morning.
    It only eats grass, so no meat for your behemot.
  10. Standard memberabnoxio
    M.U.T.I
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 14:43
    Yeah you should have seen the dinosaur between Adams legs, talk about behemoth. Oh, and I hear Adam did eat meat, If you know what I mean.
  11. Subscribershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    16 Feb '08 15:40

17 He moveth his tail like a cedar: the sinews of his s ...[text shortened]... don't get.
    Sounds like an elephant to me...
  12. Joined
    12 Nov '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 06:42

The brontosaurus has been proven that it never existed and was a combination of two different dinosaur fossils.
  13. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 07:11
    Why didn't God make his words clear?
    I heard God himself wrote the first paragraphs, not any man.
    What if God is just trying to see who's more intelligent?

Maybe God sent all this as a test. Those who have a will strong enough to overcome dogma and fear of punishment in favor of rationality are the ones fit enough to meet him.
    Well... just another theory...
    maybe you and many other people just wish something else existed and come up w/ these ideas because they want excitement in their lives.
  14. Joined
    31 May '07
    Moves
    18 Feb '08 07:36
    If you read this thinking "dinosaur dinosaur dinosaur" then you'll come out of it amazed at the fact that the bible actually describes a dinosaur!!! But read it again thinking "hippo hippo hippo" and it's not that impressive really.

Also, kudos points to the poster who correctly said brontosauri never existed. They didn't.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree