1. Joined
    26 Feb '09
    Moves
    09 Jul '14 03:35
    Originally posted by Agerg
    I am absolutely sure, beyond all need of double-checking, that your God does not exist. Moreover, the idea on your part that it has been "wished away" on mine, is just plain silly.
    I guess we are at odds then, because I am absolutely sure, beyond all need of double-checking, that God does exist.
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    09 Jul '14 07:42
    Originally posted by KingOnPoint
    Agerg,
    What is illogical is to look at all things around us and say there is no Creator. It is plain that science has proven nothing about the absence of creation nor origin of the universe. To look at all the things and say it happened just because it happened. That in itself is willful ignorance. Why not say that you just don't know whether it wa ...[text shortened]... so that we can also see. If you want to say "god," then type it. Show us your conclusive truth.
    I suggest you go back and read the OP a little more carefully.
  3. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    09 Jul '14 16:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    So you figure the hierarchy idea that your god or God, whatever, has set up a system where a very small number of people are on the top of the religious spectrum and the rest have to get their word of this god from the people on top, this is an ok concept to you?

In spite of the fact that a truly omniscient god could just as well have spoken to every hu ...[text shortened]... ou will rationalize it all away, just putting me down to a frothing at the mouth atheist, right?
    "So you figure the hierarchy idea that your god or God, whatever, has set up a system where a very small number of people are on the top of the religious spectrum and the rest have to get their word of this god from the people on top, this is an ok concept to you?"

Absolutely not! That's religion. Just stop right there sonhouse. Get this strait. This is what the Word of God says about that:

Philippians 2:1-3
    If [there be] therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of love, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels and mercies,
    Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, [being] of one accord, of one mind.
    [Let] nothing [be done] through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.

It's leadership through service. Can you grasp that for just this once?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    09 Jul '14 18:36
    Originally posted by josephw
    [b]"So you figure the hierarchy idea that your god or God, whatever, has set up a system where a very small number of people are on the top of the religious spectrum and the rest have to get their word of this god from the people on top, this is an ok concept to you?"

Absolutely not! That's religion. Just stop right there sonhouse. Get this strait. Th ...[text shortened]... tter than themselves.

It's leadership through service. Can you grasp that for just this once?[/b]
    Ok, leadership through service. How many leaders can there be?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    10 Jul '14 16:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Ok, leadership through service. How many leaders can there be?
    Not just service, but by example as well, and especially so.

2 Corinthians 10:18
    For not he that commendeth himself is approved, but whom the Lord commendeth.

1 Corinthians 11:19
    For there must be also heresies among you, that they which are approved may be made manifest among you.

Interesting don't you think the first half of the verse above? I puzzled over that for years. The contrast that presents itself when heresies are brought into a church, that it is then that those who are approved for leadership by God are made manifest.

To answer your question. Everyone! Every one is gifted. Every one contributes to one another. That's the way it CAN be, but then there's reality.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree