1. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    8592
    15 May '08 04:321 edit
    Here, a member of the US Christian "think"-tank, the Discovery Institute, tells us how US superiority is supposedly genetic. Obviously, this is exactly the same crap that Hitler spouted before embarking on a program to wipe Judiasm from the face of the planet (incidentally, I'd like to do the same, also Islam, Juseo-Christianity, etc, but I don't share this idiots belief it's genetic, nor Hitler's feelings that the only way to do it is by murdering people).

    Genetic-racism from the Christians now? And I thought it was atheism that led to this....

    http://townhall.com/Columnists/MichaelMedved/2008/05/14/respecting_-_and_recognizing_-_american_dna
  2. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    15 May '08 07:25
    I think that when China finally overtakes the US as the worlds major economic power and possibly the worlds main technological leader. A lot of Americans are going to go through a major psychological issues due to their current superiority complex.
    I remember once a white South African I met who visited Zambia during the time of Apartheid in SA. He was in a state of shock because he couldn't believe that black people were running everything.
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    8592
    15 May '08 08:05
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think that when China finally overtakes the US as the worlds major economic power and possibly the worlds main technological leader. A lot of Americans are going to go through a major psychological issues due to their current superiority complex.
    I remember once a white South African I met who visited Zambia during the time of Apartheid in SA. He was in a state of shock because he couldn't believe that black people were running everything.
    That's interesting, and a good thought about the psychology of the world's number one superpower when it's not number one anymore. Look at how nervous people have been getting due to the dollar going south. Heck, the Euro seems to be becoming the currency of choice!
  4. weedhopper
    Joined
    25 Jul '07
    Moves
    8063
    15 May '08 14:30
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Here, a member of the US Christian "think"-tank, the Discovery Institute, tells us how US superiority is supposedly genetic. Obviously, this is exactly the same crap that Hitler spouted before embarking on a program to wipe Judiasm from the face of the planet (incidentally, I'd like to do the same, also Islam, Juseo-Christianity, etc, but I don't share ...[text shortened]... wnhall.com/Columnists/MichaelMedved/2008/05/14/respecting_-_and_recognizing_-_american_dna
    I never equated "American exceptionalism" to a genetic cause, but I have heard the term bandied about for about 5 years now; never did completely grok its full meaning.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    15 May '08 17:50
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I think that when China finally overtakes the US as the worlds major economic power and possibly the worlds main technological leader. A lot of Americans are going to go through a major psychological issues due to their current superiority complex.
    I remember once a white South African I met who visited Zambia during the time of Apartheid in SA. He was in a state of shock because he couldn't believe that black people were running everything.
    I would think Japan would get the honor of new leader in technology, if they haven't already. They had stuff like high-definition TV sets in homes years before the US did.
  6. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Joined
    27 Apr '05
    Moves
    8592
    16 May '08 04:28
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I would think Japan would get the honor of new leader in technology, if they haven't already. They had stuff like high-definition TV sets in homes years before the US did.
    You have no idea. I LOVE this country!!
  7. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    16 May '08 06:21
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    I would think Japan would get the honor of new leader in technology, if they haven't already. They had stuff like high-definition TV sets in homes years before the US did.
    Actually on that front the US has not been a leader for years (if they ever were) in fact they are way down the list. A number of Asian and European countries have better cellphone systems and internet access.

    But the US currently still has the most control over technology even though most technological things are actually made in Asia - more and more in China specifically.
  8. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    16 May '08 06:25
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Here, a member of the US Christian "think"-tank, the Discovery Institute, tells us how US superiority is supposedly genetic. Obviously, this is exactly the same crap that Hitler spouted before embarking on a program to wipe Judiasm from the face of the planet (incidentally, I'd like to do the same, also Islam, Juseo-Christianity, etc, but I don't share ...[text shortened]... ef it's genetic, nor Hitler's feelings that the only way to do it is by murdering people).
    The basic argument seems to be that Americans have gone through tough times historically and survived. Therefore the survivors must be tough.
    I would argue that:
    1. Times were never really any tougher than anywhere else in the world, after all most emigrants went there to run away from even tougher times back home.
    2. The tough times are no-longer there so does that mean they are getting weaker now? It sure looks that way as the number of genetic diseases seems to be sky rocketing but I suspect that is an illusion.
    3. The same reasoning should lead to the conclusion that the toughest people are the ones living in the poorest nations on earth.
Back to Top