1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    22 May '12 10:51
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    In case you missed it, Dasa has distanced himself from India, Hinduism and ISCON ,(The hare krsna movement) .

So it really doesn't matter to point these things out to him.

Funnily enough though, he still puts Swami Prabhupada as first and foremost as the most bona fide religious teacher in contemporary society (as do most Hare Krsna's).

Weird, but understandable
    just trying to show him rape and violence happens in all religions and walks of life. although you are right, its probably a waste of time pointing anything out dasa. its all one way traffic with him.
  2. Windsor, Ontario
    Moves
    22 May '12 17:41
    nothing dasa? too ashamed of your disgusting culture?
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 May '12 13:21
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    How do you explain the contradiction between these two quotes?

'Other than that the Quaran was conceived by a murderer, torturer, womenizer, sex pervert, meat eating charlatan. - which is why it presents false knowledge' (Dasa 19/5/12)

and

'If you purchase the Bhagavad-gita, if you purchase the Bible, if you purchase the ...[text shortened]... o many literatures. They are also authorised'. (Lecture on Bhagavad-gita, 16/12/66)
    If you are wanting to appease the audience when giving a lecture in front of maybe 600 students then you have to use the 1 hour wisely and not use your time to expose false region.

The one hour is used to present and glorify the Vedic teachings instead.

There is plenty of time for exposing false religion in a different setting.

However you must at least find the small amount of good that false religion offers.

The small amount of good that false religion offers is that it presents the reality of God.........and not much else.

So if someone reads the Quaran or Bible and becomes a theist that is good and they can finally come to understand the authenticy of the Vedas when they realize the inadequacies of their currently chosen religion.

This is why the lecturer is giving the approval of the Bible and Quaran.

The approval is in reality only partial...............but they don't need to know that.

This particular lecturer was very tolerant [to have said this.]

I would never say that............ever.

*Any pseudo religion that allows animal killing is DEFINITELY NOT AUTHORIZED. and that's the last word on that.
  4. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    23 May '12 13:32
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    just trying to show him rape and violence happens in all religions and walks of life. although you are right, its probably a waste of time pointing anything out dasa. its all one way traffic with him.
    You fool.

Oppression and violence towards women in Islamic communities is what is common place.

Forced marriage.

Forced to keep their mouth shut.

Forced to give sex without question if the man demands it. [its rape]

Forced to cover their heads and bodies completely [or the moral police will beat them]

Forced genital mutilation.

Forced to work.

No equal rights in court for the women.

No equal rights in education.

Throat cut by their own family for dating someone not approved by the family.[they were not Muslim]

etc

etc

etc
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '12 14:15
    Originally posted by FMF
    I live in the biggest Muslim majority country in the world and what you claim to be "common place" here simply isn't true. Your story about the 13 year old girl would cause absolute outrage here. What is your definition of "common place"? Have you ever visited, lived or worked in a Muslim country? What are your pronouncements on "Islamic culture" based on?
    BUMP for Dasa.
  6. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 May '12 15:02
    Originally posted by Dasa
    You fool.

Oppression and violence towards women in Islamic communities is what is common place.

Forced marriage.

Forced to keep their mouth shut.

Forced to give sex without question if the man demands it. [its rape]

Forced to cover their heads and bodies completely [or the moral police will beat them]

Forced genital mutilation.

Forced to ...[text shortened]... family for dating someone not approved by the family.[they were not Muslim]

etc

etc

etc
    where to you gain your knowledge of life in an islamic country from, im keen to know.
    i have never been to an islamic country and my only knowledge i have is spending the last 20yrs having islamic friends and spending time with their families. ill be the first to admit that there were one or two things i witnessed that i disagreed with, but im sure there are one or two things my islamic friends disagreed with about my family. no culture is perfect.

so dasa, im sure you think you are a fair man, who thinks things over before making comments, especially ones as potentially inflammatory as calling a whole race of people rapists. so as you do not say these things lightly, please direct us to the source of your knowledge. that way we will know that you are not just being a bigoted racist.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 May '12 15:10
    where to you gain your knowledge of life in an islamic country from, im keen to know.
    Like I said on the previous page, I am very curious to see what evidence Dasa has to back his claim that forcing one's wife into prostitution is "common place" in Muslim communities!
  8. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    23 May '12 15:36
    Iran 21/05/2012.

She was only 13 and was forced to marry a man 17years her senior.

When he took her back to the family home she was beaten and raped repeatedly daily.

When he forced her to go into the street and prostitute herself for extra income - she refused so he pulled out her finger nails and threw boiling water on her.

When she went to the co ...[text shortened]... pervert and meat eater and charlatan - what would you expect from the false religion he created.
    I regard this as an offensive post promoting bigotry and hatred. It takes an anecdote as a basis to slander and insult the billions of people who adhere to the Islamic faith.

It would be very easy to produce a catalogue of incidents such as this which arise in Christian countries and other religious contexts around the world and through history. Indeed, that is just what some Islamic fundamentalists do and they can make the West look pretty bad I assure you. Do you wish to take responsibility for the sadists, paedophiles, pimps and child traffickers operation in the Christian West?

It is analogous to the stories spread by Christians to slander Jews, such as the claim that they murdered Christian children as a blood sacrifice.

This is not an acceptable thread and I wonder why it is tolerated by the administrators.
  9. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 May '12 16:082 edits

could you come back with some details dasa?
    Forced marriage. how many, what percentage

Forced to keep their mouth shut. how many, what percentage

Forced to give sex without question if the man demands it. [its rape] how many, what percentage

Forced to cover their heads and bodies completely [or the moral police will beat them] how many, what percentage

Forced genital mutilation. how many, what percentage

Forced to work. how many, what percentage

No equal rights in court for the women. which laws, give details

No equal rights in education. which rights, give details

Throat cut by their own family for dating someone not approved by the family.[they were not Muslim] how many, what percentage

etc

etc

etc[/b]
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '12 21:27
    If you are wanting to appease the audience when giving a lecture in front of maybe 600 students then you have to use the 1 hour wisely and not use your time to expose false region.

The one hour is used to present and glorify the Vedic teachings instead.

There is plenty of time for exposing false religion in a different setting.

However you must at leas ...[text shortened]... n that allows animal killing is DEFINITELY NOT AUTHORIZED. and that's the last word on that.
    After the creation God gave control of the animals to man so that he could use them for his benefit. After the worldwide flood God stated the animals would have a fear of man because man was specifically told the animals could be used as food. This implies animals could be killed for food, if necessary, but no permission was given man to kill them for fun. Your Vedas are obsolete books
  11. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    23 May '12 23:14
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    After the creation God gave control of the animals to man so that he could use them for his benefit. After the worldwide flood God stated the animals would have a fear of man because man was specifically told the animals could be used as food. This implies animals could be killed for food, if necessary, but no permission was given man to kill them for fun. Your Vedas are obsolete books
    does this mean that before the flood men were vegetarian?
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 May '12 23:57
    does this mean that before the flood men were vegetarian?
    I think man's primary diet was from plants before the flood. I can not say for sure that they were vegetarian, however.
  13. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    24 May '12 07:46
    Originally posted by finnegan
    I regard this as an offensive post promoting bigotry and hatred. It takes an anecdote as a basis to slander and insult the billions of people who adhere to the Islamic faith.

It would be very easy to produce a catalogue of incidents such as this which arise in Christian countries and other religious contexts around the world and through history. Indeed, ...[text shortened]... ce.

This is not an acceptable thread and I wonder why it is tolerated by the administrators.
    It never ceases to amaze me on this site how some posts are mysteriously removed for swearing etc while posters like Dasa call for genocide against groups and promote racial and religious intolerance (not to mention attacking many others like meat eaters) and seem to do so with absolute impunity.

As a long term member and someone who has paid for a number of others to be members it seems somewhat strange.

The admins need to grow a set of balls and not accept the absolutely disgraceful posts by clowns like Dasa and RJHinds.

l would happily pay for memberships for others to replace these idiots.
  14. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    26 May '12 18:54
    Originally posted by FMF
    Like I said on the previous page, I am very curious to see what evidence Dasa has to back his claim that forcing one's wife into prostitution is "common place" in Muslim communities!
    I have never said that it is common place that women in Islamic society are forced into prostitution.

You are once again twisting my words.

Your dishonesty knows no bounds.
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    26 May '12 18:59
    I have never said that it is common place that women in Islamic society are forced into prostitution.

You are once again twisting my words.

Your dishonesty knows no bounds.
    I am not twisting your words at all. In the OP you described some "disgusting behaviour", notable amongst which was a man forcing one's wife into prostitution. You then said, and I quote verbatim, "This disgusting behaviour is common place in the Islamic culture and it is not a one off event". It's in your OP.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree