Do All Paths Lead to Jesus?

Do All Paths Lead to Jesus?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
20 Jun 18

Tom I think you were right after all.

About this thread being a train wreck 😵

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
20 Jun 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Which brings me back to my first post asking you for a citation.

You really need to buck up with this sort of thing Tom.
Ok ok ok ... it was kind of a sneaky question. Karoly or someone said something recently that made me think about it.

According to the bible, all paths lead to God. That is, everyone will get to God in the afterlife. What happens after that.. well.. I guess that depends. Will we remain with God? Or will we depart from Him.

I know, I know. Throw veggies at me and boo me off the stage. I deserve it. 😛

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
20 Jun 18

Tom I think you were right after all.

About this thread being a train wreck 😵
I'm so ashamed, this may be my last thread. I'm not good at it.

Moves
20 Jun 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
According to the bible, all paths lead to God.
At the risk of being a pain in the ass here, can you please cite the verse of scripture!?

Moves
20 Jun 18

I'm so ashamed, this may be my last thread. I'm not good at it.
If you cite the verse I will let you off.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
20 Jun 18

At the risk of being a pain in the ass here, can you please cite the verse!
2 Cor 5:10
For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

Rom 14:11
for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”

Moves
20 Jun 18

For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ, so that each one may receive what is due for what he has done in the body, whether good or evil.

for it is written, “As I live, says the Lord, every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall confess to God.”
Hmm, not great are they.

Moves
20 Jun 18

Your first one doesn’t even touch the subject.

But the Romans one is one I do like but not for the reason of supporting the premise in your OP.

Moves
20 Jun 18

After the coming of Christ, EVERY knee will bow and confess Jesus as Lord. Isn’t that amazing.

And it truly stymies all you hellfire and torture merchants doesn’t it...

Moves
20 Jun 18
1 edit

Perhaps not a “train wreck” after all Tom.

🙂

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
20 Jun 18

Your first one doesn’t even touch the subject.

But the Romans one is one I do like but not for the reason of supporting the premise in your OP.
Actually the first one is better than the second because it portrays a one-on-one, face to face meeting. The second one could be argued as a simple gesture of submission.

Moves
20 Jun 18

Actually the first one is better than the second because it portrays a one-on-one, face to face meeting.
Sure, but it doesn’t support the premise in your OP.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
20 Jun 18
1 edit

Sure, but it doesn’t support the premise in your OP.
Sure it does. It doesn't matter what path we take in life, we will end up in the presence of God. Right? Now, that presence could be brief, with an unfavorable end result. But still...

Moves
20 Jun 18

Sure it does. It doesn't matter what path we take in life, we will end up in the presence of God. Right? Now, that presence could be brief, with an unfavorable end result. But still...
Well that’s a bit of a damp squib ending...we all get judged in the end his hardly a revelation of earth shattering magnitude is it!

And to think I’ve given serious effort to this thread.

Aficionado of Prawns

Texas

Moves
20 Jun 18
1 edit

Well that’s a bit of a damp squib ending...we all get judged in the end his hardly a revelation of earth shattering magnitude is it!

And to think I’ve given serious effort to this thread.
Well, it's probably more meaningful to me or to Americans than to you. Here, there a plethora of New Age types that preach the idea 'all paths lead to God.' It's influenced by Eastern philosophy which New Agers love. Where you are, maybe you don't hear it much. I've heard it a bunch in my years on facebook, but this place is rather secluded--shielded from much of what goes on out there since the forum posters here are mostly intellectuals (chess players).

It's an ironic twist I like to use when someone says it. When I say, yes I agree, they scratch their heads. "What? But you're a Christian!" And then I explain. Which tends to piss them off. 😛