1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 03:53
    Originally posted by Palynka
    So you don't believe in the Trinity? Of the greater Christian churches, I think only Mormonism (TCJCLDS) and Jehovah's Witnesses do not accept it.

What form of Christianism do you follow?

Edit: incorrect use of the word religion
    Just to be clear I am not Mormon nor Jehovah Wtns..I strongly disagree with both.
    Mormons have added to the word of God, and JW don't give Jesus his rightful place as exalted by God the Father, as head of the church and given all power and authority.
  2. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 03:55
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I am non denominational...am a Christian who belives in one God not three...one Lord, the son of God Jesus Christ...and the Holy Spirit is simply another name for God...again by Jesus own words..
    John 4:24
    24 "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
    (NKJ)

and Old Testament....

Ps 99:9
    9 Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at His holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy.
    (NKJ)
    Do you accept that the wordings in the Bible have been tinkered with time?

I'm sorry for so many questions, my point is this: your belief is grounded in a Bible that has no original documents written by the hand of the Apostles.

If you don't believe in the established religions, wouldn't your faith be based on a tinkered Bible? Or do you also believe in a perfect good-will of those that had the power to tinker it?
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 04:02
    Do you accept that the wordings in the Bible have been tinkered with time?

I'm sorry for so many questions, my point is this: your belief is grounded in a Bible that has no original documents written by the hand of the Apostles.

If you don't believe in the established religions, wouldn't your faith be based on a tinkered Bible? Or do you also believe in a perfect good-will of those that had the power to tinker it?
    I believe that the bible has very few poor translations ...I believe that the bible is about 99% accurate just as it stands. The error is mostly in private interpretation with a traditional bias. I believe the doctine of the trinity was introduced in the 4th century. There are wonderful websites that refute every verse that trinitatians use to make their claim. My favorite is
    http://www.biblicalunitarian.com/
  4. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 07:43
    Does Jesus have a face?
  5. England
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 09:08
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Does Jesus have a face?
    now or before?
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 09:13
    Originally posted by stoker
    now or before?
    Now--when you pray, contemplate, praise, give thanks...
  7. England
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 09:17
    Do you see God as the Father or God as the Trinity?
    God is the Father and jesus worshiped him in all that he said and done. the Trinity has raised jesus above the angels into second place (not a good way of putting it but it will do) the holy spirit works for god coming and doing any deed that needs to be done on earth. they all work as one but none is greater than the Father, who loves and cares for all.
  8. England
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 09:22
    Now--when you pray, contemplate, praise, give thanks...
    yes but my image of him is tarnished (in my mind) by worldy figures. But when i see him i will recognise him.
  9. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 12:29
    Originally posted by stoker
    God is the Father and jesus worshiped him in all that he said and done. the Trinity has raised jesus above the angels into second place (not a good way of putting it but it will do) the holy spirit works for god coming and doing any deed that needs to be done on earth. they all work as one but none is greater than the Father, who loves and cares for all.
    The concept of the Trinity is the equivalence of all it's members and all of them are God existing in different personas, so you are incorrect in saying that the Trinity raised jesus into second place. Fair enough if you don't believe in the Trinity, but it's pointless to twist in into something it is not, so it can fit your beliefs.

According to Trinitarianism, Jesus is God, the Father is God and the Holy Spirit is God, and none of them are each other, just God existing in different persons.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 12:58
    The concept of the Trinity is the equivalence of all it's members and all of them are God existing in different personas, so you are incorrect in saying that the Trinity raised jesus into second place. Fair enough if you don't believe in the Trinity, but it's pointless to twist in into something it is not, so it can fit your beliefs.

According to Trini ...[text shortened]... the Holy Spirit is God, and none of them are each other, just God existing in different persons.
    Good definition Palynka!
    That is the problem with trinitarians..they want it both ways...Jesus is God, so in the garden he prays to the Father(or himself)?
    Who raised Jesus from the dead?...himself, no the father...but he is the father! so did he really die?
    The bible says there is ONE God the creator of the heavens and the earth.
    He is the God of Jesus Christ.
    Rom 15:6
    6 that you may with one mind and one mouth glorify the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ.
    (NKJ)

1 Pet 1:3
    3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to His abundant mercy has begotten us again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
    (NKJ)
  11. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 13:07
    Many people seem to think that Christians worship Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Can this statement be accepted at face value?
    No
  12. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    24 Aug '05 10:10
    Originally posted by frogstomp
    No
    Why not?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree