1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    ZellulΓ€rer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    21 Aug '05 13:32
    Many people seem to think that Christians worship Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Can this statement be accepted at face value?
  2. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    21 Aug '05 13:44
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Many people seem to think that Christians worship Jesus Christ, the Son of God. Can this statement be accepted at face value?
    Yeah, I think so. From a Christian perspective, anyway. 'Course, I've been trying to point out it is a misplaced mindset rooted in a worship of the Sun. Haven't been doing too well, though. :-/
  3. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Aug '05 15:17
    Originally posted by David C
    Yeah, I think so. From a Christian perspective, anyway. 'Course, I've been trying to point out it is a misplaced mindset rooted in a worship of the Sun. Haven't been doing too well, though. :-/
    Christians as a whole worship God through the Son, since its inpossable to be in Gods presence, because we are inpure. Also its fair to say that Jesus and God are "one", just as a tree and a branch are one.
  4. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Aug '05 15:26
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    Christians as a whole worship God through the Son, since its inpossable to be in Gods presence, because we are inpure. Also its fair to say that Jesus and God are "one", just as a tree and a branch are one.
    Do you see God as the Father or God as the Trinity?
  5. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    21 Aug '05 15:59
    Originally posted by Palynka
    I see it as both
  6. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    21 Aug '05 16:23
    Nice tap dance. You should set that to music and sell tickets.
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 02:081 edit
    " I see it as both"

Huh?πŸ™„....That I believe is one reason so many deny Christianity...the Trinity just cannot be explained. At least not in a paletable way...
    Jesus is both the son and God...at best I am told to accept it by faith...I believe faith requires some understanding. Some logic behind it.
  8. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 02:13
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    " I see it as both"

Huh?πŸ™„....That I believe is one reason so many deny Christianity...the Trinity just cannot be explained. At least not in a paletable way...
    Jesus is both the son and God...at best I am told to accept it by faith...I believe faith requires some understanding. Some logic behind it.
    I do believe Jesus is the mediator between God and man. But is he both?
    If God is A ...and Jesus is B...and man is C...
    Then you are saying A=B...but C can only be in the presence of B not A...
    Even mathematically it does't fit.πŸ˜•
  9. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 02:381 edit
    " I see it as both"

yea look at it this way, God as the tree, Jesus the vine, and us the fruit. Jesus is the meditater for us to God, as the vine connects the fruit to the tree, and the vine is part of the tree.

Jesus himself said that he is "one" with God, and he also said that he is the son of God, what part of it do you not understand?
  10. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 02:43
    yea look at it this way, God as the tree, Jesus the vine, and us the fruit. Jesus is the meditater for us to God, as the vine connects the fruit to the tree, and the vine is part of the tree.

Jesus himself said that he is "one" with God, and he also said that he is the son of God, what part of it do you not understand?
    But who is the Father then? Why is he a branch and not the tree?
  11. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 02:52
    But who is the Father then? Why is he a branch and not the tree?
    the Father is God, and is the tree. Lol Im starting to get confused 😞
  12. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 02:54
    the Father is God, and is the tree. Lol Im starting to get confused 😞
    My question was honest, since I think I understand the words of the concept of the Trinity, but perhaps not what they entail (the role of each and their equivalence in importance).
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 03:32
    My question was honest, since I think I understand the words of the concept of the Trinity, but perhaps not what they entail (the role of each and their equivalence in importance).
    My question is honest as well....since I consider myself a Christian. I believe Jesus is the son of God but the trinity is beyond understanding.
    What I am told to accept is that God is Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
    That they are co-equal...yet Jesus by his own words also says...
    John 14:28
    28 "You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming back to you.' If you loved Me, you would rejoice because I said, 'I am going to the Father,' for My Father is greater than I.
    (NKJ)

How can they be co-equal if the Father is greater?..and the bible cannot contradict itself, else none of it is true...of course I don't believe it does, because I have yet to see a clear verse where Jesus says he is the father...only trinitatians make that claim.πŸ™‚
  14. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 03:362 edits
    My question is honest as well....since I consider myself a Christian. I believe Jesus is the son of God but the trinity is beyond understanding.
    What I am told to accept is that God is Jesus and the Holy Spirit.
    That they are co-equal...yet Jesus by his own words also says...
    John 14:28
    28 "You have heard Me say to you, 'I am going away and coming ...[text shortened]... et to see a clear verse where Jesus says he is the father...only trinitatians make that claim.πŸ™‚
    So you don't believe in the Trinity? Of the greater Christian churches, I think only Mormonism (TCJCLDS) and Jehovah's Witnesses do not accept it.

What form of Christianism do you follow?

Edit: incorrect use of the word religion
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    22 Aug '05 03:49
    So you don't believe in the Trinity? Of the greater Christian churches, I think only Mormonism (TCJCLDS) and Jehovah's Witnesses do not accept it.

What form of Christianism do you follow?

Edit: incorrect use of the word religion
    I am non denominational...am a Christian who belives in one God not three...one Lord, the son of God Jesus Christ...and the Holy Spirit is simply another name for God...again by Jesus own words..
    John 4:24
    24 "God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."
    (NKJ)

and Old Testament....

Ps 99:9
    9 Exalt the LORD our God, and worship at His holy hill; for the LORD our God is holy.
    (NKJ)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree