This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 13:54
    Originally posted by 7ate9
    lately i've been wondering if the people in churches actually worship and live God. is it God or is it what people create to be God. how would you KNOW it is God, or just a whole lot of people being nice in a cupboard. i know this may be annoying, but i really do wonder.

take for example prayers. it's obvious that people within the system of a church would ...[text shortened]... you just pray for really big things that are impossible for mere mortals to make happen.
    A. No one can know the mind of God, no matter how many moldy texts you have.

B. As I understand it, not only is God the image of perfection, but he also controls everything. By this definition, if your prayer seems to be answered, then God is behind it, every time.

C. "it's easy, you just pray for really big things that are impossible for mere mortals to make happen" Are you suggesting that we test God by demanding He prove Himself by miraculous deeds? Foolish mortal.
    Perhaps you need to start testing yourself rather than being the watchdog of God.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 14:072 edits

4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 14:532 edits

5. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    03 Jun '06 20:16
    I never said it was wrong to pray. I only said it was wrong to pray for the sole reason of proving that your god is a true god.

Perhaps I should clarify my position.

If the people in the church you speak of are praying to God, then they are praying to God, period. If there is a spider or bug or whatever taking advantage of them, that is not their fault. They are still praying to God. If they are praying to something else, say the Bible or the church itself, or using prayer as some sort of mytical charm to ward off evil or get them stuff, that is something else.
  6. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 00:22
    say you pray for something/someone to change. so you pray and pray and pray. but really how does one KNOW that God has answered your prayers.

it's easy, you just pray for really big things that are impossible for mere mortals to make happen.
    Alas, most of us pray wrong. We usually ask for OUR will to be done, not His. Also, more often than not, we also go on to tell God HOW we want it done. We pray for God to change people or situations, or do something for us, even if it’s not what God wants for us. Then we wonder why nothing happens. Often what God wants to do is use the situation to change us so we will be more like Jesus. Sometimes He just wants us to trust Him to work things out when we can’t see a way.

Another thing that hinders us is sin in our life. Yes, sin in a Christian’s life. It doesn’t even have to be what we call “big” sin. If I’m not treating my wife right, the Bible says it will hinder my prayers. If I’m holding a grudge against somebody….same result.

Delay in getting an answer can also be the result of spiritual warfare we aren’t even aware of. Daniel waited 21 days for the answer to his prayer; it was held up because the angel that was sent with the answer was in a tussle with a demonic spirit.

How do you know it's God....for His own reasons God has chosen to work through humans (don't ask me why, God didn't consult with me) That's why we need preachers. Men are saved through hearing the Gospel preached, and how will they hear w/o a preacher? Anyway, God will often use another person to meet your need or bring about the thing you have been asking for. How do you KNOW? Nothing JUST HAPPENS....read the book of Ruth and look at all the things we humans would say JUST HAPPENED.

....long post, sorry, I wasn't trying to preach!
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 03:521 edit

8. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 03:59

9. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 04:17

10. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 04:20

11. Account suspended
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 04:49

12. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 06:57
    GOD is an undefinable Totality.
    Each aspect of existence is an aspect of GOD.
    Each aspect within each of us is an aspect of GOD.
    To achieve even a miniscule degree of knowledge of GOD we must understand Self.
    Anyone who claims to know the mind of GOD is a fool and/or a liar.

Angela
  13. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 11:48
    [b]sin don't matter about God answering your prayers.
    John 9:31. Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
  14. Joined
    25 Sep '04
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 11:50
    [b]there is nothing wrong with holding a grudge,
    James 5:9. Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the judge standeth before the door.

All this is in your Bible, assuming you have one and have actually read it. In case you haven't, you have now heard it.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    04 Jun '06 11:58
    Originally posted by masscat
    John 9:31. Now we know that God heareth not sinners: but if any man be a worshipper of God, and doeth his will, him he heareth.
    Fascinating. That implies there are men who are not sinners.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree