1. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    Shoot the Squatters?
    tinyurl.com/43m7k8bw
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 19:41
    Originally posted by dags
    So you think that a 5 year old child is responsible for their thoughts and actions since this is usually about the age children have started to lie and know its wrong? (anywhere between 5 and 9 is normal). A child who doesn't lie doesn't know right from wrong (and therefore has no reason to lie).

Does "most people" include you?

So could a child have cast the first stone? ( at Mary Mag..)? As a child is without sin.
    Could Jesus have cast the first stone? Or his mom?
  2. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 20:03
    Originally posted by buckky
    Do the babies that happen to be born into a religion other than Christian Burn with the rest of the sinners ? I was told as child going to a Lutheran school that babies go to Hell, because Heaven is not handed out to those that have not accepted Christ. It was referred to as a sad fact. That sad fact made me want to become anything but than a Christian. Anoth ...[text shortened]... ll go the Hell also. That to made me run for the hills. Too many sad facts for my sensibilities.
    Matthew 18:3 - And said, Verily I say unto you, Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.

Matthew 19:14 - But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.
  3. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 20:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

4. Joined
    04 Aug '04
    Moves
    18 Jun '05 20:35
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Could Jesus have cast the first stone? Or his mom?
    lol.... thank you for that one. i needed that. I'm gonna say since they (again, according to oral/written Christian tradition) were both sinless, technically, yes they could, even though that would just go against everything they preached. i'm also gonna guess that you were either brought up or taught from a Catholic perspective? (since you included Mary... not all Christians would)

when it comes to religion i dont admit to believing in the physical "God" or physical "heaven" because, honestly, I cant say I do. However, after years of thinking all I have come up with is this:

God is love; love is God.

the funny thing is, it was there all the time, it just took me awhile to fully appreciate and understand that statement. I guess I had to come full circle to really "get" it. Get past most of the BS and traditions, dogma, doctrine, so forth.... to come to the most simplest of all ideas. Funny how it's the "little things" in life. All of that research, reading, pondering, to come back home to that one original statement. I hope you get the jist of what i'm saying here, if you dont, o well. Just to clarify, (in case you really didnt understand what I was trying to get across, [honestly this isnt for you ATY, it's more for the some of the "others" on this site]) I think of "God" more as a philosophical ideal of "love", than of a physical, overbearing God-like figure.
  5. Joined
    14 Jun '04
    Moves
    21 Jun '05 11:21
    My father always told me when I was little that God holds HIM accountable for my actions until I reach the age of accountability.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree