Do what you want

Do what you want

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
25 Jun 18

Originally posted by @chaney3
When a person "does what they want", as the OP suggests, it likely could lead to a selfish lifestyle, which will inevitably bring pain, in some form, to one's self or to others.
If someone does cause pain or harm to others, then that may well be morally unsound, but I don't see how a "selfish lifestyle" is - in and of itself - morally unsound. For example, if living a "selfish lifestyle" means little or no interaction with others, then there would be little or no opportunity to engage in immoral behaviour.

c

Moves
25 Jun 18

Originally posted by @fmf
If someone does cause pain or harm to others, then that may well be morally unsound, but I don't see how a "selfish lifestyle" is - in and of itself - morally unsound. For example, if living a "selfish lifestyle" means little or no interaction with others, then there would be little or no opportunity to engage in immoral behaviour.
Jesus teaches to 'serve others' because that's how one will find true happiness. And I'm sure atheists could agree with this concept because it's been said by numerous sources other than Jesus.

Meaning: if a person chooses to live a solitary lifestyle, then he is probably not 'serving' anyone but himself, which to some people, is morally unsound.

F

Moves
25 Jun 18

Jesus teaches to 'serve others' because that's how one will find true happiness. And I'm sure atheists could agree with this concept because it's been said by numerous sources other than Jesus.

Meaning: if a person chooses to live a solitary lifestyle, then he is probably not 'serving' anyone but himself, which to some people, is morally unsound.
What does this have to do with the Ten Commandments?

F

Moves
25 Jun 18

If a person chooses to live a solitary lifestyle, then he is probably not 'serving' anyone but himself, which to some people, is morally unsound.
Unless they are harming or damaging someone, deceiving them, or coercing them, I don't see how they are being morally unsound.

c

Moves
25 Jun 18

What does this have to do with the Ten Commandments?
I was just commenting on your version of the 'list'.

Note: regarding adultery, if a man chooses to commit adultery with YOUR wife, then it seriously becomes your business...doesn't it??

We all benefit when ALL people make an effort to follow sound advice and good, clean instructions for life.

F

Moves
25 Jun 18

Regarding adultery, if a man chooses to commit adultery with YOUR wife, then it seriously becomes your business...doesn't it??
If the adultery involves no breaking of promises, or deception, no coercion, and causes no harm, then I think it isn't morally unsound. This was discussed in depth here before. Having said that, most adultery is morally unsound for the reasons mentioned.

F

Moves
25 Jun 18

We all benefit when ALL people make an effort to follow sound advice and good, clean instructions for life.
The Ten Commandments offer a few good practical rules but several of the stipulations are duds.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 Jun 18

Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
pixx pls
I think there's still a song of hers on my youtube site with a pic . Charlie Aczel ' Thank You'

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 Jun 18

Originally posted by @js357
Not me of the ten, but difficult nonetheless:

King James Bible
And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also.
Which one is hardest to keep?

Moves
25 Jun 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
Which one is hardest to keep?
Be thou tolerant of the vain and unprincipled religionists on the internet.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 Jun 18

Keep the Ten Commandments?

You shall have no other Gods but me. Meaningless to a non-believer.

You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
Meaningless to a non-believer.

You shall not misuse the name of the Lord your God. Meaningless to a non-believer.

You shall remember and keep the Sabbath day holy. Meaningless t ...[text shortened]... nor anything that belongs to your neighbour. People can be envious if they want to be, I think.
1st three points are important in the sense that the bible does indeed tell of the word of creation. After all we are immaterial yet seemingly trapped in a physical body. While the bible has been undoubtedly altered it still is one aspect of the story of the creation of the human species. Quite literally some sort of genetic engineering and the story of the first the first humans. There is no way we evolved naturally from apes.

The Sabbath may remind one to reflect on whatever . It means a bit to most people. Nearly every family gathering I goto is on Sunday.How you act and how you think does affect things. Everything is interconnected in some way . The Sabbath has significance for the Lord , so we should respect that and see if there is a deeper meaning perhaps . This not about professing to be a Christian in anyway however it is about taking on the spirit and message of the Christian Spirit .

Usually both parents deserve respect . Sometimes only one . Afterall they raised you to be at least smart enough to read this(bible) Lol. Hey being literate wasn't all that common back in the day.

Most people shouldn't kill but historically it has been necessary to kill for various reasons . One definitely shouldn't do this unless they're really good lest their concienses and nightmares plague the rest of their lives.

Adultery releases energy in the wrong way.

People can be envious however to compare your life to others is to miss an important point in the bible and the universe . Enjoy and be thankful for what you have. The glass should be viewed as half full not half empty. Not clouding your mind with other peoples goodies frees it to see clearly what you have and what you are and what you'd like to be, how to improve your life. Coveting is another negative , destructive energy

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 Jun 18

Envy, in general, can be perceived as a lack of appreciation for what one has.

It can also lead to adultery, stealing, and materialism if it gets out of control.

Hence the warning.
Yes just like lying and thieving go hand in hand

Resident of Planet X

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
25 Jun 18

Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
1st three points are important in the sense that the bible does indeed tell of the word of creation. After all we are immaterial yet seemingly trapped in a physical body. While the bible has been undoubtedly altered it still is one aspect of the story of the creation of the human species. Quite literally some sort of genetic engineering and the story o ...[text shortened]... at you'd like to be, how to improve your life. Coveting is another negative , destructive energy
"There is no way we evolved naturally from apes."

All evidence suggests otherwise. The same can not be said for the Bible being the, 'story of the creation of the human species.'

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 Jun 18

Unless it leads to morally unsound acts, I don't see how envy - in and of itself - is morally unsound.
Its not a moral thing, it's a negative reflection of false desire . The bible instructs how to live righteously as do other books. It's a spiritual guidebook for the masses which has been alterd yet still has inherent meaning . Following the true message of the original prophets such as Moses is about learning of our true natures. It seems all these Commandments were broken by our creators (or fallen angels) at one time or another. Keep all Commandments to get to heaven . Or Nirvana .

It's all about attitude , those who do good for nothing have good happen to them. Especially right thinking which means not thinking of what you can get but what everyone can potentially get. Envy is a result of too much self-centeredness

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
25 Jun 18

The Ten Commandments offer a few good practical rules but several of the stipulations are duds.
Once again they have implications beyond crowd control and being morally sound. Taken in the right spirit they guide individual evolution and when placedin proper context reveal a deeper meaning