1. Joined
    13 Nov '06
    Moves
    122
    14 Dec '06 03:011 edit
    that God made this world and that Jesus came to die for our sins and when we die if we are born again we will go to Heaven and if we didn't then we would go to Hell.

    Please comment
  2. Melbourne, Australia
    Joined
    17 Feb '04
    Moves
    49970
    14 Dec '06 03:08
    Originally posted by grandslam842
    that God made this world and that Jesus came to die for our sins and when we die if we are born again we will go to Heaven and if we didn't then we would go to Hell.

    Please comment
    No, No, No, and No.
    Heaven, Hell and God are human constructs.
    Jesus was a dude who suggested it would be good to be nice to people for a change. We should all practice a little bit of that.
    You are in charge of your own life not some supernatural concept.
    When you die, that's it, so make the most of your time as a living creature.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    9895
    14 Dec '06 03:10
    Originally posted by grandslam842
    that God made this world and that Jesus came to die for our sins and when we die if we are born again we will go to Heaven and if we didn't then we would go to Hell.

    Please comment
    Yes GOD created the world,

    No for everything else.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    9895
    14 Dec '06 03:13
    Originally posted by amannion
    No, No, No, and No.
    Heaven, Hell and God are human constructs.
    Jesus was a dude who suggested it would be good to be nice to people for a change. We should all practice a little bit of that.
    You are in charge of your own life not some supernatural concept.
    When you die, that's it, so make the most of your time as a living creature.
    Heaven, Hell and God are human constructs.

    Humans are very creatives!!!!!
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Joined
    21 May '03
    Moves
    223256
    14 Dec '06 03:19
    Originally posted by grandslam842
    that God made this world and that Jesus came to die for our sins and when we die if we are born again we will go to Heaven and if we didn't then we would go to Hell.

    Please comment
    Yes!
  6. Joined
    29 Oct '06
    Moves
    225
    14 Dec '06 03:21
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    [b]Heaven, Hell and God are human constructs.

    Humans are very creatives!!!!![/b]
    Humans have the capacity to be amazingly creative. It is one of the things I find most fascinating about people.
  7. Melbourne, Australia
    Joined
    17 Feb '04
    Moves
    49970
    14 Dec '06 03:29
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    [b]Heaven, Hell and God are human constructs.

    Humans are very creatives!!!!![/b]
    Of course we are.
    We created witches, atom bombs, unicorns, hamburgers, symphonies, firecrackers, computers, and ice cream.
  8. Joined
    13 Nov '06
    Moves
    122
    14 Dec '06 03:32
    yeah but did we create the planets, the sun, the trees, the molecues, the grass and everything else that makes it possible to even make those things?
  9. Melbourne, Australia
    Joined
    17 Feb '04
    Moves
    49970
    14 Dec '06 03:33
    Originally posted by grandslam842
    yeah but did we create the planets, the sun, the trees, the molecues, the grass and everything else that makes it possible to even make those things?
    Of course not.
  10. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    9895
    14 Dec '06 03:35
    Originally posted by amannion
    Of course we are.
    We created witches, atom bombs, unicorns, hamburgers, symphonies, firecrackers, computers, and ice cream.
    Sure, we are now able to make miraculs.

    I know how to make computers, and I know why they are made for,

    But why do you think humans tried to make those constructs?
  11. Joined
    13 Nov '06
    Moves
    122
    14 Dec '06 03:37
    wow that's a really good question. the reason that we made these things is b/c we want to fill the void of God not being in our lives. They become idles to us.
  12. Melbourne, Australia
    Joined
    17 Feb '04
    Moves
    49970
    14 Dec '06 03:43
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Sure, we are now able to make miraculs.

    I know how to make computers, and I know why they are made for,

    But why do you think humans tried to make those constructs?
    We make these constructs to understand the world.
    We are, above all else, curious creatures. We want to understand the way the world works, because with understanding comes power - power over our lives. If I know why the Sun sets in the afternoon and rises in the morning then I need not fear the fact that it's now about to set.
    The early human civilisations constructed things that made sense to them - how to explain the workings of the world when you don't have access to the levels of technology and knowledge we do today? Create gods and demons and witches and werewolves and unicorns and faeries ...
  13. Joined
    08 Jan '06
    Moves
    11173
    14 Dec '06 03:50
    yea i do beleive in GOD and all his hands created
  14. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    9895
    14 Dec '06 03:51
    Originally posted by amannion
    We make these constructs to understand the world.
    We are, above all else, curious creatures. We want to understand the way the world works, because with understanding comes power - power over our lives. If I know why the Sun sets in the afternoon and rises in the morning then I need not fear the fact that it's now about to set.
    The early human civilisatio ...[text shortened]... ge we do today? Create gods and demons and witches and werewolves and unicorns and faeries ...
    Not all civilizations or religions used GOD or other demons to explain how world works. And actually most of the religions deal with moral or spritual maters that has nothing to do with sun, and planets. The concept of worship has nothing to do with how the solar system works.
  15. Melbourne, Australia
    Joined
    17 Feb '04
    Moves
    49970
    14 Dec '06 04:00
    Originally posted by ahosyney
    Not all civilizations or religions used GOD or other demons to explain how world works. And actually most of the religions deal with moral or spritual maters that has nothing to do with sun, and planets. The concept of worship has nothing to do with how the solar system works.
    True, but these are elaborations on the initial stories.
    Let's say I've figured out an explanation for how the Sun god - let's call him MANNAS - rises and sets every day.
    Now I could just tell everyone my explanation - sort of like a scientist talking about his latest theory. Or, I could wrap the whole thing up in a story - make it interesting, funny, sad, scary, whatever. This'll get people interested since what we love even more than a good explanation is a good story.
    So I make my story interesting.
    Now I add more to it.
    Let's include a moral I think, since I might even be able to get some power out of it.
    If I make myself important in some way - say the High Priest of Mannas - and I add rules and regulations for the way people have to act, now I have some real power. (I might even pull a nice girl or two.)
Back to Top