1. Standard memberamannion
    Andrew Mannion
    Melbourne, Australia
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 07:53
    Originally posted by blb
    Do you ever feel like, Good and Evil are fighting over your soul ? Day by day your being tested... ITs like Im being judged. Im not crazy am I?
    No, you are being judged.
    We think you're crazy.
  2. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 08:07
    Originally posted by amannion
    No, you are being judged.
    We think you're crazy.
    Speak for yourself.
  3. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 08:12
    Originally posted by grandslam842
    the thing about Christianity and the Bible is that the bible was written over about 3500 years, and it's the most widely read book in the world. Now tell me how a book that was finished almost 2000 years ago is the widely read book in the world and some people haven't even read it. Now tell me that's pretty amazing
    Considering that the dead sea scroll, which are the oldest biblical documents currently extant, are only 2100 - 2200 years old, I'd looooooooooove to see you prove that statement.
  4. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 08:59
    Originally posted by scottishinnz
    Considering that the dead sea scroll, which are the oldest biblical documents currently extant, are only 2100 - 2200 years old, I'd looooooooooove to see you prove that statement.
    Who told you that? Hmmmm? You do know that the Bible consist of an Old testament and a New Testament, right? You do know that Moses wrote the first 5 books of the old testament, right? Use a bit of head before you post.
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 09:18
    Originally posted by Clean Cut
    Who told you that? Hmmmm? You do know that the Bible consist of an Old testament and a New Testament, right? You do know that Moses wrote the first 5 books of the old testament, right? Use a bit of head before you post.
    Why not actually go out and read some non-fiction for a change?

"The Dead Sea scrolls comprise roughly 825-872 documents, including texts from the Hebrew Bible, discovered between 1947 and 1956 in eleven caves in and around the Wadi Qumran (near the ruins of the ancient settlement of Khirbet Qumran, on the northwest shore of the Dead Sea). The texts are of great religious and historical significance, as they are practically the only known surviving Biblical documents written before AD 100."

"According to carbon dating, textual analysis, and handwriting analysis the documents were written at various times between the middle of the 2nd century BC and the 1st century AD. At least one document has a carbon date range of 21 BC–61 AD."

http://www.answers.com/dead+sea+scrolls&r=67

See what actually reading can do for you?
  6. The sky
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 10:58
    You do know that Moses wrote the first 5 books of the old testament, right?
    You do know that this is a belief, not a fact, right?
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_tora.htm
  7. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 11:37
    Originally posted by Nordlys
    You do know that this is a belief, not a fact, right?
    http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_tora.htm
    I can accept that.
  8. Standard memberspruce112358
    Democracy Advocate
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 13:16
    Originally posted by grandslam842
    that God made this world and that Jesus came to die for our sins and when we die if we are born again we will go to Heaven and if we didn't then we would go to Hell.

Please comment
    I don't think there is anything wrong with believing that. You might believe it literally using the common definitions of those terms. Or you might believe that it's not a literal statement but a metaphor that explains a certain religious idea. I can't see that holding that personal belief would harm you in any way.

Probably most people who do believe this, either literally or figuratively, will make an attempt at some point to be "born again". That would be painful if we took the meaning literally, but I think we are again speaking figuratively, right?
  9. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    15 Dec '06 19:30
    I can accept that.
    I'll take that as an apology.
  10. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    20 Dec '06 19:47
    Originally posted by amannion
    No, No, No, and No.
    Heaven, Hell and God are human constructs.
    Jesus was a dude who suggested it would be good to be nice to people for a change. We should all practice a little bit of that.
    You are in charge of your own life not some supernatural concept.
    When you die, that's it, so make the most of your time as a living creature.
    "Jesus was a dude who suggested it would be good to be nice to people for a change. We should all practice a little bit of that."

"I have come to set mother against daughter , father against son ,.... I have not come to bring peace but a sword..."

This idea of a "nice" Jesus doesn't fit the bill. He was either a potty , dangerous meglomaniac or the Son of God. Your Walt Disney Jesus doesn't exist in the NT.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree