1. Territories Unknown
    Moves
    26 Jul '10 22:41
    By "care," I mean in the traditional sense of the word, to wit:

O.E. carian, cearian "be anxious, grieve; to feel concern or interest," from P.Gmc. *karojanan (cf. O.H.G. karon “to lament,” O.S. karon “to care&rdquo😉

If affirmative, to what is your care applied?
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '10 00:06
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH

O.E. carian, cearian "be anxious, grieve; to feel concern or interest," from P.Gmc. *karojanan (cf. O.H.G. karon “to lament,” O.S. karon “to care&rdquo😉

Yes, I care about many people, places and things which include the eternal destiny of my soul as well the souls of my family

members and friends; the accelerating dialectic fueling the downward spiral of the USA; winning our 2010 NFL family pool.

3. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    28 Jul '10 04:17

To be honest, I selfishly care about me. I care about whether or not all that I think, say, and do is worthy of the One that made me.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 04:11

In terms of being anxious, as the good book says be anxious for NOTHING. Just leave your cares at the feet of the cross and get on with your day. You know, once the realization that God is in control and that pretty much everything is out of your control is a very liberating realization.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 04:30
    Originally posted by josephw
    To be honest, I selfishly care about me. I care about whether or not all that I think, say, and do is worthy of the One that made me.
    I too care about myself. I am the most important person in the Universe to me.

But in order to feel good myself, I care about others in need, in hope that they will care for me when I am in need. That's what social ineteractions is all about. Caring for eachother.

Give love and you will be loved. Give care and you will be cared. Give affection and you will be given affection.
  6. weedhopper
    Moves
    02 Aug '10 05:55
    I care about others. Some others I care a great deal about. Others, not so much. I care about my family and friends, and about the less fortunate. I care about children who are beaten by their parents and guardians, or by their fellow students; I care about old people who have the same problems of being abused by sub-standard care facilities and sometimes even their families. And I care about families trappped in horrible situations, like war between Palestinians and Israelis, or Afghans and U.S./Allies. and refugees.
    All my care and empathy will not do one iota of good, however, unless it is acted on.
  7. Territories Unknown
    Moves
    03 Aug '10 02:23

In the spirit of honesty, I care about being loyal to the truth.
  8. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 12:04

I care about doing the "right" thing in any given situation. Unachievable, of course, but I keep right on trying.
  9. England
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 10:39
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I care about doing the "right" thing in any given situation. Unachievable, of course, but I keep right on trying.
    i echo that
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    07 Aug '10 22:441 edit

Would you entertain the possibility that 'doing the right thing'

(in chess and in life itself) often begins with right thinking?

11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Moves
    08 Aug '10 13:38
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Would you entertain the possibility that 'doing the right thing'

(in chess and in life itself) often begins with right thinking?

Indeed I would. And in fact I would go further and suggest that right thinking is a prerequisite step in both theatres.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    09 Aug '10 10:04

Indeed I would. And in fact I would go further and suggest that right thinking is a prerequisite step in both theatres.
    Would your positive statement to some extent align with Freaky's,

"In the spirit of honesty, I care about being loyal to the truth" ?

13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Moves
    09 Aug '10 10:26
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Would your positive statement to some extent align with Freaky's,

"In the spirit of honesty, I care about being loyal to the truth" ?

I'm sure it would and indeed I too am compelled by a similar loyalty, although I imagine contrasting motivations.
  14. Territories Unknown
    Moves
    09 Aug '10 13:41
    I'm sure it would and indeed I too am compelled by a similar loyalty, although I imagine contrasting motivations.
    Do tell.
  15. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Moves
    09 Aug '10 14:18
    Do tell.
    Informed only by your postings over the last couple of months I imagine that you are guided by your faith, a benefit I sadly lack. My motivations are of a rather more selfish nature, I'm afraid.