1. Joined
    16 Jul '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 01:20
    when i pray i dont get any answer back, at least not in words. is god actually supposed to talk to you or does he like kinda make stuff just happen that answer your prayers?
  2. Joined
    10 Apr '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 01:35
    Originally posted by FreaKinGenius
    when i pray i dont get any answer back, at least not in words. is god actually supposed to talk to you or does he like kinda make stuff just happen that answer your prayers?
    I think He can do whatever He wants.
  3. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 01:49
    ... is god actually supposed to talk to you...?
    In Old Testament times God is said to have talked to people. The Bible assures us that He is the same yesterday, today and forever. So yes, He will speak directly to you with His voice.

By the way, I was listening to a Kenneth Hagin sermon on the radio a few years back. Rev. Hagin told of the time that Jesus appeared physically in front of him. Six feet tall, 180 pounds, white robe, Roman sandals--that was Hagin's description. I wish the reverend had said what race Jesus is, so we would not have endless arguments over that issue.
  4. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 01:53
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    In Old Testament times God is said to have talked to people. The Bible assures us that He is the same yesterday, today and forever. So yes, He will speak directly to you with His voice.

By the way, I was listening to a Kenneth Hagin sermon on the radio a few years back. Rev. Hagin told of the time that Jesus appeared physically in front of him. Six fee ...[text shortened]... he reverend had said what race Jesus is, so we would not have endless arguments over that issue.
    I seriously doubt Kenneth Hagin.
  5. Arizona, USA
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 03:42
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    I seriously doubt Kenneth Hagin.
    He reminds me of Fred Mertz on the old 'I Love Lucy' show.
  6. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 03:45
    The most I've ever asked of Jesus was to get me through a bad day here or there. He hooked me up sweet, as I am still here today.

P-
  7. Calgary
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 04:26
    I would love a response to my prayers, but seeing as how I pray that a giant asteroid hits the planet within my lifetime I don't think it's gonna happen. nooch
  8. Joined
    16 Jul '05
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 05:19
    i never actually seen or heard jesus ever. i pray right before i sleep, so sometimes i am half asleep not even knowing what i am saying in my prayers, sometimes then i think i hear somethin talkin back, but maybe it is just a weird dream. the closest i have come to jesus is in dreams like i am fighting demons or somethin really weird or saving my friends, jesus helps out by sending me a white sword from the sky. sounds pretty stupid i bet. lol
  9. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 05:36
    i never actually seen or heard jesus ever. i pray right before i sleep, so sometimes i am half asleep not even knowing what i am saying in my prayers, sometimes then i think i hear somethin talkin back, but maybe it is just a weird dream. the closest i have come to jesus is in dreams like i am fighting demons or somethin really weird or saving my friends, jesus helps out by sending me a white sword from the sky. sounds pretty stupid i bet. lol
    lol you sound just the way I used to think, Most likely you wont hear an audible voice, Pray ask God to show you somthing, then open up your bible, and study some of it, you'll be amazed at how God talks through it, And if your asking for personal gain or any other selfish thing, most likely you wont "hear" anything, cause God knows what is best for you..

OMG Im sounding like a preacher 😞
  10. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 07:14
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac
    Six feet tall, 180 pounds, white robe, Roman sandals--that was Hagin's description.
    Wow... Jesus was butch!
  11. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 07:27
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Wow... Jesus was butch!
    Not as butch as you think in that Gucci footgear.
  12. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 07:43
    Sometimes at work I have some tricky pipe work to fabricate, you know, there's a deadline and it just cannot afford to be wrong. So I prayer...and prayer...please god let me make this pipe right.

Then when it fits and the ship sails or the plant fires up I say "Fock you god, just trickin." and there hasn't even been a bolt of lightening up my ass yet.
  13. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    12 Aug '05 08:06
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    Sometimes at work I have some tricky pipe work to fabricate, you know, there's a deadline and it just cannot afford to be wrong. So I prayer...and prayer...please god let me make this pipe right.

Then when it fits and the ship sails or the plant fires up I say "Fock you god, just trickin." and there hasn't even been a bolt of lightening up my ass yet.
    Your attitude towards deity is remarkably primitive, in the best possible sense.
  14. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 02:21
    Some of Gods' greatest gifts are unanswered prayers. 😀
  15. Joined
    16 Jul '05
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 03:03
    i dont get it, explain or give an example.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree