1. Standard membermokko
    Sinner
    Where I belong
    Moves
    15 Aug '05 05:43
    Originally posted by FreaKinGenius
    i dont get it, explain or give an example.
    Yes God does answer prayers he just doesn't always give you the answer that you want to hear.

Also be very carefull what you pray for! I spent years praying for strength to see me through life. It seemed I was always faced with horrible obsticles and overwhelming circumstance which caused and inflicted great pain in my life. It wasn't until years later did I realize it was through my own action of praying for strength that I needed to experience hardships, how else to you become a stonger person other than overcoming near impossible obstacles. Now I watch what I pray for.

I may not always get the answers I want but the answers I get always lead me down the right path in the end. Prayer needs to be unselfish in it's desire and spoken without doubt.

I believe God speaks to us through our heart, unfortunately most people get so caught up in the loudness of the thoughts that form in their heads it becomes hard to hear the gentle whisper which calls to us from deeper inside.
  2. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 02:17
    Originally posted by FreaKinGenius
    i dont get it, explain or give an example.
    I'll try to give some examples,

Grace Groben wrote:
    Sometime ago, when it became necessary to break her of the habit of sleeping with me, I laid my my little child in her crib, kissed her goodnight, and turned out the light. She cried long and bitterly, thinking that I did not hear her cry, and that I did not love her, not knowing I was in reality not far away - and that my mother-heart was aching for her. I indeed heard her cries, and longed to do what she wanted, but for her own good, I must hide myself.

Somtimes we are helped by being hurt. A skilled physician about to perform a delicate operation will tell you reassuringly "I may hurt you, But I will not injure you".

Hardships make us strong

A young man was trying to establish himself as a peach grower. He had worked hard and invested his all in a peach orcherd which blossomed wonderfully.. that is untill a frost came, killing the peaches. He started to blame God, and a minister came to him and asked him why he hadnt been coming to church. He said "Im not coming no more, do you think I can worship a God who dont care for me and let a frost kill all my peaches?" The minister replied kindly "While God knows its better for peaches to grow better without Frost, He knows for humans that to grow they need frost. God loves you better then peaches. His object is to grow Man, Not peaches".
  3. Standard memberOmnislash
    Digital Blasphemy
    Omnipresent
    Moves
    16 Aug '05 05:53
    The scriptures say that God always answers prayer. Every time, without fail. It is also said that our prayers may not be answered the way we want them to be. If God almighty physically or audibly manifested every time anyone asked him to, it is almost certain that not only would the whole world be full of believers but also that college kids would have some sort of game involving beer and the summoning of God. 😀

While my examples will are probably not as good as others given, they are of my own life and thusly the most validated ones I can give. When I have asked God for help, guidance, etc. I have frequently been able to see where he has done his worked, inserted his influence, subtle though it is. Some would say I am seeing what I want to believe, but they are welcome to their opinion. I beg to differ. Either there is a God, or I am one luck SOB.

Sometimes it has been dramatic and obvious to me. When I was thirteen I broke into a friend of mines house as a joke, took some money and gave it back to him later that same day (don't ask me why, I was just a kid, sounded fun at the time). Unfortunately, his mother didn't share the intended humor. Quite frankly, she just plain didn't like me before this, and now she intended to roast by butt to the fullest extent of the law. So I asked God for help. I was facing a number of years in juvenile and such. I confessed to the crime as soon as the cop showed up on my door, so I really didn't have much of a defense (what can I say. I was stupid, but honest). Now, there exists no logical reason why I should have gotten much of a deal. I admitted to the crime and the plaintiff wanted to see me punished as much as possible. Despite that, I got about as easy of a deal as you could hope for. I have gotten traffic tickets since then that have caused me more grief! To this day, this defies all logic and pattern of the legal system. None the less, that's what I got. $20 restitution, suspended probation, that’s it. I thank God for that to this day (and I might add I have never been in trouble with the law since).

Sometimes prayer is answered, but not as we had asked for. Subtle and/or not obvious at the time. One day years ago I was leaving my house for a job interview when I realized I had forgotten some documents. I went back inside to retrieve the items, and got a phone call from a friend. We talked for a minute, but I cut the conversation short as I was now running late. On my way out I remembered yet another thing I had forgotten. I cursed my luck as I just couldn't seem to get out of that place. I then heard a knock on the door. I considered not answering the door, but decided it better to simply see what the person wanted and be done with it. It turned out to be a girl who had gotten a wrong address from a friend. It turned out she was having a really bad day, so I invited her in for a cup of coffee and to see if I could help, forgetting all about the interview. Needless to say, I didn't get the job. I have now been married to that girl for over five years.

Such is the way of it. I have yet to have God physically or audibly manifest before me. None the less, I would say we speak to each other on at least a daily basis. He is always with me and always working for me, though I often do not understand at the time, and sometimes do not understand for a long time to come if ever at all. If I need counsel I need only listen to my heart and I can hear his words. If I need to see him, I need only look at the good things in my life and the beauty in the world.

Such is my relationship with God, and I hope it has been helpful to you.

Best Regards,
    Omnislash

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree