1. Joined
    06 Jul '12
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 18:49
    Your life is a gift, your health is a gift, in fact all you have are gifts given you, Have you Thanked Him?

"God knows our gifts. My challenge to you and to me is to pray to know the gifts we have been given, to know how to develop them, and to recognize the opportunities to serve others that God provides us. But most of all, I pray that you will be inspired to help others discover their special gifts from God to serve."

—Henry B. Eyring, "Help Them Aim High", Liahona and Ensign, November 2012
    Topics: Gifts, Prayer, Service
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    17 Jan '13 21:40
    Originally posted by Lloyd E Adkins
    Your life is a gift, your health is a gift, in fact all you have are gifts given you, Have you Thanked Him?

"God knows our gifts. My challenge to you and to me is to pray to know the gifts we have been given, to know how to develop them, and to recognize the opportunities to serve others that God provides us. But most of all, I pray that you w ...[text shortened]... ing, "Help Them Aim High", Liahona and Ensign, November 2012
    I hope he kept the receipt.
  3. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 04:53
    So where is God? All-powerful mystery? Regular people suffer?
  4. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 05:09
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

- Christopher Hitchens
  5. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    18 Jan '13 21:08
    If you thank him for the good stuff,are you allowed to blame him for the bad?.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 01:49
    Originally posted by apathist
    So where is God? All-powerful mystery? Regular people suffer?
    Regular people suffer because of evil or because of random events, not because of God.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 01:50
    Originally posted by David C
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

- Christopher Hitchens
    Typical.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 03:00

- Christopher Hitchens
    Why does he not apply that statement to the theory of evolution? I have yet to see any evidence for it.
  9. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 11:35
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Why does he not apply that statement to the theory of evolution? I have yet to see any evidence for it.
    Fossil record, DNA analysis, plate tectonics with reference to past and present life form distribution, individual and group behavioural comparisons across species, breed development [farms,plants,dogs etc.], more if you want it!
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 16:103 edits

- Christopher Hitchens

What is being asserted without evidence ?

Christian Apologist Greg Koukle (host of Stand to Reason )[/b] exposes the sleazy debate tactics of Christopher Hitchens.

YouTube
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 16:211 edit
    More stammerings and stutterings from the renown Christopher Hitchens.

YouTube
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 16:22
    Originally posted by Lloyd E Adkins

"God knows our gifts. My challenge to you and to me is to pray to know the gifts we have been given, to know how to develop them, and to recognize the opportunities to serve others that God provides us. But most of all, I pray that you w ...[text shortened]... ing, "Help Them Aim High", Liahona and Ensign, November 2012
    Do you have any thoughts that are your own; about anything?
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 16:272 edits
    One hour and a half - Christopher Hitchens verses Dinesh D'souza.

Its nice to see somebody standing up to the neighberhood bully - (I mean Christopher Hitchens).

YouTube
  14. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 16:36
    Originally posted by sonship
    One hour and a half - Christopher Hitchens verses Dinesh D'souza.

Its nice to see somebody standing up to the neighberhood bully - (I mean Christopher Hitchens).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyTCngojsI8
    Yeah. See the problem is i have seen that and I think that Hitchens won that debate.

And that Quote is perfectly correct.

If you assert something without evidence then it can be dismissed without needing to
    find refuting evidence.

If I say that there is a fire breathing dragon in my garage then you would be perfectly justified
    in dismissing that claim unless and until I actually presented some convincing evidence that I
    do in fact have a dragon in my garage.

Anyone could (and often do) claim all kinds of nonsense without any evidence at all and it's
    nonsense to require people to go and find evidence to refute every random claim anyone makes.

If you claim something you must provide evidence that justifies such a claim BEFORE anyone
    should pay you any attention whatsoever.

The claim that a god exists is not exempt.

There is no evidence that ANY gods exist let alone evidence for a specific god or gods.

Thus any and all claims that a god does exist can and should be dismissed until such time as
    those making the claims can present some evidence that justifies those claims.

There are many things I disagreed with that Hitchens said/advocated.

That was not one of them.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 19:37
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Fossil record, DNA analysis, plate tectonics with reference to past and present life form distribution, individual and group behavioural comparisons across species, breed development [farms,plants,dogs etc.], more if you want it!
    None of that is evidence for the theory of evolution. It is only evidence for the existence of life in various forms.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree