1. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    19 Jan '13 20:25
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    None of that is evidence for the theory of evolution. It is only evidence for the existence of life in various forms.
    Before I respond , could you explain your understanding of the word "evidence" so that I don't misunderstand you.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 01:41
    Originally posted by OdBod
    Before I respond , could you explain your understanding of the word "evidence" so that I don't misunderstand you.
    Evidence is and includes everything that is used to reveal and determine the truth.

See the Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence
  3. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 02:231 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Regular people suffer because of evil or because of random events, not because of God.
    I know of a Christian blogger who would say that "random events" is an empty set; a contradiction; a nonentity. He insists that his God is absolutely sovereign over every particle trajectory in the Universe. If you could debate this blogger, how would you go about convincing him that he is getting this wrong?
  4. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    20 Jan '13 12:30
    Evidence is and includes everything that is used to reveal and determine the truth.

See the Wikipedia article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evidence
    Is there any room in the definition you would use to allow for probability or possibility given that the "truth" is not always a precisely definable thing.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 03:13
    Is there any room in the definition you would use to allow for probability or possibility given that the "truth" is not always a precisely definable thing.
    The probability or possibility that something may be true is not clear evidence that something is actually true.
  6. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 04:10
    The probability or possibility that something may be true is not clear evidence that something is actually true.
    I agree with you! No evidence is perfect and no truth is absolute,understanding our universe is an ongoing process .We have an idea of how things work based on current evidence which will develop giving rise to new ideas,I think a critical force in the production of new ideas is the examination of the world around us,and it seems to me that the validity (at that time) of an idea is enhanced by the use of many sources of information to construct that idea.With regard to evolution there are many different and independent sources of information supporting the concept.Therefore I think evolutionary theory has a very high validity.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 08:27
    I agree with you! No evidence is perfect and no truth is absolute,understanding our universe is an ongoing process .We have an idea of how things work based on current evidence which will develop giving rise to new ideas,I think a critical force in the production of new ideas is the examination of the world around us,and it seems to me that the validity (at t ...[text shortened]... formation supporting the concept.Therefore I think evolutionary theory has a very high validity.
    http://www.evolutionisstupid.com/
  8. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 08:49
    http://www.evolutionisstupid.com/
    Having read that page, I simply cannot believe that you think this guy has more than two brain cells in his head ...
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 10:19
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Having read that page, I simply cannot believe that you think this guy has more than two brain cells in his head ...
    YouTube
  10. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 11:52
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Thanks for your input Kewpie, but I think when websites are posted at you without any meaningful personal comment the poster no longer wishes to engage directly .
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Jan '13 18:27
    Thanks for your input Kewpie, but I think when websites are posted at you without any meaningful personal comment the poster no longer wishes to engage directly .
    Kidneys! 😏
  12. Houston, Texas
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 17:40
    Originally posted by David C
    “That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

- Christopher Hitchens
    Hitchens was awesome.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree