1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 12:05
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    [b]"Verse 2

“And the earth was” – Hebrew – “Hajah” – since we know that the earth was created perfect by a perfect God, the word “was” is a bad translation. It should be translated “had become.” It was created perfect, but it became without form and void.

“without form and void” – Hebrew – “Tohu Waw Bohu” – desolate and empty. [i]Anim ...[text shortened]... ring over the waters to melt some ice packs." -sonship

May I ask why you were "disappointed"?[/b]
    Because it is stupid.
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 13:41
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Because it is stupid.
    You may deny any of the truths the Word of God reveals in the original languages in which it was written
    seven days from Sunday; the personal accountability is solely between you alone and Sovereign God.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 19:24
    What is God doing? He is not creating the Universe; He is preparing the earth for habitation by man, animal life and plant life."

Nevermind why I was disappointed. This was very good.

I liked your submission and say "Amen".
    God was doing all things there to prepare for LIFE upon the earth.

If He has to melt ice packs for that, Amen.
  4. Joined
    22 Sep '07
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 19:40
    The fact that your god has to involve itself in a "process" of creation suggests it has limitations. After all, why not just create adam and eve with all the various props with a wave of its magical wand? It would also save its requirement of a days rest ,a remarkably human need don't you think?
  5. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 19:43
    Originally posted by sonship
    What is God doing? He is not creating the Universe; He is preparing the earth for habitation by man, animal life and plant life."

Nevermind why I was disappointed. This was very good.

I liked your submission and say "Amen".
    God was doing all things there to prepare for LIFE upon the earth.

If He has to melt ice packs for that, Amen.
    Thanks, sonship.

Footnote: "Amen" = I and/or we agree.
  6. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 19:44
    Originally posted by OdBod
    The fact that your god has to involve itself in a "process" of creation suggests it has limitations. After all, why not just create adam and eve with all the various props with a wave of its magical wand? It would also save its requirement of a days rest ,a remarkably human need don't you think?
    Thanks for your reply, OdBod. Please stay tuned.
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 21:541 edit
    Note: Those of you with inquiring minds will enjoy and benefit from this definitive account of creation.
    Anyone believing it is a definitive account necessarily cannot
    have an inquiring mind!
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 23:18
    You may deny any of the truths the Word of God reveals in the original languages in which it was written
    seven days from Sunday; the personal accountability is solely between you alone and Sovereign God.
    I do not deny truths revealed by the Word of God. What I deny is false teachings from men. 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 23:27
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Anyone believing it is a definitive account necessarily cannot
    have an inquiring mind!
    As a "Born Again Lasagnist" do you believe in the Spaghetti Monster's definitive account of your origin on the package?
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 23:35
    I do not deny truths revealed by the Word of God. What I deny is false teachings from men. 😏

"What I deny is false teachings from men." -RJHinds / Ephesians 4:11-16 "And He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a mature man, to the measure of the stature which belongs to the fullness of Christ. As a result, we are no longer to be children, tossed here and there by waves, and carried about by every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, by craftiness in deceitful scheming; but speaking the truth in love, we are to grow up in all aspects into Him, who is the head, even Christ, from whom the whole body, being fitted and held together by that which every joint supplies, according to the proper working of each individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love." (Page 1)
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    12 Feb '15 23:44
    "What I deny is false teachings from men." -RJHinds / Ephesians 4:11-16 "And [i]He gave some as apostles, and some as prophets, and some as evangelists, and some as pastors and teachers, for the equipping of the saints for the work of service, to the building up of the body of Christ; until we all attain to the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge o ...[text shortened]... individual part, causes the growth of the body for the building up of itself in love." (Page 1)
    I believe I am one of those teachers. 😏

12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 00:511 edit

If so, please feel free to benefit this online spirituality forum thread with your exegesis of Genesis 1:1-8 from the Hebrew.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 02:36
    If so, please feel free to benefit this online spirituality forum thread with your exegesis of Genesis 1:1-8 from the Hebrew.
    What is you misunderstanding?
  14. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 03:57
    Doctrine of Creation (Genesis 1:1-2:25) August 25, 2011

Verse 6

“And God said, Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters” – Hebrew – “Raqija” – this is the word for firmament and it means “atmosphere.” What God is doing is dividing the waters of the earth by the atmosphere ...[text shortened]... trine of Creation of Adam and Eve" next)

http://gracebiblechurchwichita.org/?page_id=1577
    Doctrine of Creation of Adam and Eve (Genesis 1:26-2:25) August 25, 2011

In our previous study on Creation we saw that there had to be an intelligent, organized Creator of the universe. The same is true of human life. God is the original creator of human life and, as we will see, He continues to create human life. There are four words used in Genesis to describe the creation of original human life:

1. Barah – to create or to make something out of nothing. 1.Genesis 1:27 – “And God ‘barah’ man in His own image, in the image of God He ‘barah’ him; male and female He “barah” them. This verse describes the creation of the soul life, which is made from nothing.

2. Yatsar – to form from existing material 1.Genesis 2:7 – “Then the Lord God ‘yatsar’ man of dust from the ground.” This verse describes the creation of biological life of the male, which by itself is not human life.

3. Asah – to make or manufacture after a pattern 1.Genesis 1:26 – “Then God said, Let us ‘asah’ man in Our image according to Our likeness.” This verse describes the creation of soul life as made in the image of God, which by itself is not human life.

4. Banah – to build or construct from existing material 1.Genesis 2:22 – “And the Lord God ‘banah’ into a woman the rib which He had taken from the man, and brought her to the man.” This verse describes the creation of the biological life of the female.

What we have in the above verses is biological life and soul life, not human life. When these two are combined and God breathes soul life into biological life, man became a living soul, having human life. Genesis 2:7 says, “Then the Lord God formed (Hebrew “yatsar” ) man of dust from the ground (biological life) and breathed (Hebrew “naphach” ) into his nostrils the breath of life (neshamah chayyah, soul life); and man became a living being (nephesh chayyah, literally a soul having life or human life).” “Neshamah” is the Hebrew word for the breath of God and “chayyah” is the Hebrew word for life. Biological life and soul life were imparted to Adam and Eve simultaneously. We will see that God is still the One that breathes soul life into biological life creating human life, but not simultaneously. There is a specific reason after the fall of man that God no longer creates human life in the same manner.

Creation of Mankind after the Fall of Adam and Eve

After Adam and Eve sinned, biological life, along with Adam’s sin nature, began to be passed down genetically from the father and is “mother dependent” in the womb. The fact that all members of the human race are seminally present in Adam means that we were all present with Adam when he sinned. The result of his sin is that the entire race is born with a corrupted nature. (Romans 5:12, 18,19; 6:6,12, 8:3-5; I Corinthians 15:22)

Since God cannot create imperfection, it would be impossible for Him to create “corrupted” biological life. However, He can create soul life at birth apart from the corruption of the sin nature and biological life. Therefore, soul life is still imparted by God. When a fetus emerges from the womb and God breathes soul life into biological life, human life is created. (Isaiah 2:22, 42:5, 57:16; Job 1:21, 33:4; Ecclesiastes 12:7) (Part 1 of 3)

http://gracebiblechurchwichita.org/?page_id=1579
  15. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    13 Feb '15 04:061 edit
    What is you misunderstanding?

The local church was set up by Jesus Christ to be a classroom for the teaching of Bible Doctrine. The classroom usually meets in an auditorium and not a “sanctuary”. The last “sanctuary” made of brick and mortar was destroyed in 70 a.d.

It is NOT a lonely hearts club, not a dating service, not a gymnasium, or theater, etc. The thrust of this church is to communicate Bible doctrine to believers in the Lord Jesus Christ, for the purpose of attainment of spiritual maturity. Regardless of your gender, sexual orientation, race, or nationality…doctrine is for EVERYONE!

The head of the local church is Jesus Christ, who is represented by a Pastor-Teacher, who has a staff of teachers, administrators, deacons, etc and then comes the congregation. One of the purposes of the teaching of Bible doctrine is that the believers in that local church will come to know what their spiritual gift is and then utilize that gift in the function of that church.

God The Holy Spirit in grace and apart from human merit sovereignly bestows spiritual gifts to believers in this dispensation. Some of the permanent spiritual gifts which exist today are pastor-teacher, evangelist, missionary and administrator. We further believe that the temporary spiritual gifts ceased with the completion of the canon of Scripture, and these were apostleship, prophecy, speaking in tongues, interpreting tongues, healing, and working of miracles (I Corinthians 12, 13; Ephesians 4:7-12; Romans 12:4-8). Any member practicing these temporary gifts shall be subject to immediate dismissal.

The Church, which is now the Body and shall be the Bride of Christ, is a spiritual organism made up of all born-again persons of this age irrespective of their affiliation with Christian organizations
    (Ephesians 1:22, 23; 5:25-27; I Corinthians 12:12-14). (Page 1)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree