1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 07:19
    In Ezekiel it is written that God has some type of flying craft with an altar inside. And then Ezekiel goes up to God in a fiery chariot with the face of a lion. Since I see many Christians in this forum who take their bible as verbatim I wonder if any would dispute that God indeed has a spaceship.
    "Why would God need a starship ?" James T Kirk
    🙄🙄
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 07:30
    Originally posted by caissad4
    In Ezekiel it is written that God has some type of flying craft with an altar inside. And then Ezekiel goes up to God in a fiery chariot with the face of a lion. Since I see many Christians in this forum who take their bible as verbatim I wonder if any would dispute that God indeed has a spaceship.
    🙄🙄
    -1 for even reminding me of that movie. 😞
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 07:53
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    -1 for even reminding me of that movie. 😞
    Understood
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 08:19
    🙄🙄
    God does not need flying craft. The flying Chariot was needed by Ezekiel, so his human body could be transported up into the heavens. It was not needed by God, who is Spirit. 😏
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 15:18
    🙄🙄
    Why do you think the vision of Ezekiel in Ezekiel chapter 1 is a spaceship?
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 15:45
    Ezekiel's vision is related to the problems we were discussing concerning Samson.

It is a vision of divine / human cooperation and coordination.
    It is a symbol of God and man moving together in utter coordinated harmony for the doing of God's will upon the earth.

Its not a spaceship. It is a symbolic vision of God "moving" within His people and they "moving" in Him and by His direction and power.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 20:241 edit
    Originally posted by sonship
    Ezekiel's vision is related to the problems we were discussing concerning Samson.

It is a vision of divine / human cooperation and coordination.
    It is a symbol of God and man moving together in utter coordinated harmony for the doing of God's will upon the earth.

Its not a spaceship. It is a symbolic vision of God "moving" within His people and they "moving" in Him and by His direction and power.
    Yes, you are right. It was not Ezekiel he was talking about, it was Elijah.

Then it happened, as they continued on and talked, that suddenly a chariot of fire appeared with horses of fire, and separated the two of them; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.

(2 Kings 2:11 NKJV)

It was not a spaceship, but an unidentified flying object that was described in the terms of that day.

P.S. He apparently read both accounts and mixed up some of the ideas.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 20:411 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    God does not need flying craft. The flying Chariot was needed by Ezekiel, so his human body could be transported up into the heavens. It was not needed by God, who is Spirit. 😏
    Uh, humans cannot live in space. No air, no water, no food, etc.

The structure that is being described is not literal but symbolic. If it were literal then it would be a visible structure and that would in turn make God and the other spiritual beings physical. The Bible clearly says the heavens belong to the spirit beings who need no building to live in, no need for water or air or food, and that earth belongs to earthling man who is fleshly and needs earthly things to survive.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 20:57
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Uh, humans cannot live in space. No air, no water, no food, etc.

The structure that is being described is not literal but symbolic. If it were literal then it would be a visible structure and that would in turn make God and the other spiritual beings physical. The Bible clearly says the heavens belong to the spirit beings who need no building to liv ...[text shortened]... ood, and that earth belongs to earthling man who is fleshly and needs earthly things to survive.
    I know I wrote Ezekiel, like the orignal poster, but I was thinking about Elijah, whose body was transported up into heaven and not in a vision, for there was another person with him that was not taken. Elijah was never seen again.

I believe the orignal poster confused some ideas from Ezekiel with this incident that happened to Elijah.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 21:11
    I know I wrote Ezekiel, like the orignal poster, but I was thinking about Elijah, whose body was transported up into heaven and not in a vision, for there was another person with him that was not taken. Elijah was never seen again.

I believe the orignal poster confused some ideas from Ezekiel with this incident that happened to Elijah.
    We've discussed this before about human flesh going to heaven and actually surviving there. It is impossible once a human body leaves the atmosphere as EVERYONE knows.
    For some reason you can't understand that very simple fact.
    And to date you have never produced one scripture that says human flesh can survive where you think it can, in space.

IF it does as you think, then why have we never heard from these that you say are in the flesh somewhere out is space? Where exactly would they be living? Where would their air and food and water come from?
    A human body cannot live for long times in weightlessness and science also confirms.
    So again where is the scriptures that show a human in flesh does in fact live in the voids of space?
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 21:14
    We've discussed this before about human flesh going to heaven and actually surviving there. It is impossible once a human body leaves the atmosphere as EVERYONE knows.
    For some reason you can't understand that very simple fact.
    And to date you have never produced one scripture that says human flesh can survive where you think it can, in space.

IF ...[text shortened]... in where is the scriptures that show a human in flesh does in fact live in the voids of space?
    Haven't you ever heard that all things are possible with God? 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Jan '13 21:213 edits
    I suppose you JWs don't believe Jesus was taken up into heaven in his body either, as described below:

Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, “Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing up into heaven? This same Jesus, who was taken up from you into heaven, will so come in like manner as you saw Him go into heaven.”

(Acts 1_(-11 NKJV)

What do you think He was taken up in? Maybe, a Chariot of Fire like a whirlwind that took him up past the clouds, huh? Or maybe, he was just levitated all the way up.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 02:52
    Haven't you ever heard that all things are possible with God? 😏

HalleluYah !!! Praise the Lord! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!
    Yes it is but it does not agree with the rest of the bible in describing the obvious differances in humans and spirits.
    No scriptures that you still have not produced support your theory.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 02:53
    I suppose you JWs don't believe Jesus was taken up into heaven in his body either, as described below:

[b]Now when He had spoken these things, while they watched, He was taken up, and a cloud received Him out of their sight. And while they looked steadfastly toward heaven as He went up, behold, two men stood by them in white apparel, who also said, “Men ...[text shortened]... irlwind that took him up past the clouds, huh? Or maybe, he was just levitated all the way up.
    Do you really want to get into this again? I think not.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Jan '13 03:15
    Do you really want to get into this again? I think not.
    No, because you will just write the same old nonsense the Watchtower gives you. You could not come up with anything original if your life depended on it. Please don't call yourself a Christian. Make it clear to others that you are a Jehovah's Witness and not a Christian. All Christians believe in the bodily resurrection of Christ. That is certainly not you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree