Does intelligence dictate belief in God?

Does intelligence dictate belief in God?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

w

Moves
09 Apr 06
1 edit

Originally posted by LemonJello
I wouldn't call him 'stupid' exactly. However, I am concerned about the level of objectivity (or lack thereof) with which he approaches the topic. Many of his interpretations seem self-fulfilling to me. He does seem to know his Hebrew, though, and I did like some of his examples concerning how the English translations may be misinformant.
I assumed he would have a religious bias which would get intergrated into his theory. In fact, I assume everyone has a bias or perspective on the nature of things that influence the way they ineterpret data as well. That is why belief is so important. I also anticipated people on this thread finding percieved flaws with his theory. As I said before, none of us have all the answers as to our origins but it is fun speculating.

i
Deracinated

Sydney

Moves
10 Apr 06

If anyone could be bothered (I certainly couldn't) it would be interesting to calculate the average chess rating of an equal number of self-proclaimed atheists vs. self-proclaimed believers.

Given that a strong case could be made for chess rating positively correlating with intelligence, the result should throw some light on the debate.