1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 14:06
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    It is under wodeys stated beliefs. He says the suffering is a direct result of sin and that the infants death would be because God has chosen that the infant must die.
    No, you are ASSUMING that God wants the child to die. Who is to say unless God himself says so such as in the example of the conquest of the land of Canaan? I view this to the be exception rather than the rule. As a rule, God wants us to live and not have to die. The Bible says that it is God's will that NONE should perish. As I stated before, perhaps he allowed some to perish on a temperal basis so that the Messiah could be born into the world so as to prevent those from perishing eternally.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Jun '07 14:113 edits
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So do you ever help others that you see are suffering? Its starting to look like you are as monstrous as your God.
    I will attempt to once again explain my position. It is my belief that God allowed "sufferings" in a temperal sense with the goal of bringing the Messiah into the world to prevent eternal "sufferings". You will be hard pressed, in fact, to see a similar pattern of Sodom and Ghommora like judgements after the Messiah had been birthed into the world. It is at this time that Christ told his disciples that at one time you had been told to hate your enemies, but now I tell you to love them and do good to them that hate you and despitfully use you. As you can see if one were a follower of Christ, once he came into the world there was a change. Christ said he did not come into the world to change the law, but rather to fulfill the law. So what was the law? The law was the perfect law of love. Christ was the fulfillment of the love message and now since he came into the world we live in an era of grace.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree