1. Playing with matches
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 16:40
    With recent credible sightings of Nessie, I think the Second Coming of Christ is upon us.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 02:38
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    With recent credible sightings of Nessie, I think the Second Coming of Christ is upon us.
    Are you suggesting Nessie is the Messiah?
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 06:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    No I think he is suggesting that a significant number of Christians for some reason think that it would be nice to live in the end times and look for any possible 'signs' that they can find to indicate that it is so. In fact that is the sole reason for the popularity of a certain book of the bible that would otherwise be considered the narration of a madman.
    What is interesting is that this fascination for living in the 'end times' has been common throughout the ages, even John the Baptist believed it. It is also not unique to Christians.
    I saw a book in the book shop yesterday that claimed that Harry Potter was a sign of the end times coming. Surely anyone would dismiss such nonsense off hand? But enough people must be buying the book to make it worth while.
  4. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 09:151 edit
    The Nessiah.
  5. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 09:39
    Originally posted by dottewell
    The Nessiah.
    The clue was in the fish after all.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 09:47
    Considering that Nessie has been sighted many times for hundreds of years I wouldn't get your hopes up that the Second Coming is within your life time. If the previous sightings were less 'credible' and thus you conclude they were faked or mistaken then it stands to reason that any current sightings are of something other than the 'Nessie' of legend unless the legend is based solely on prophesy and not actual sightings.

It is a popular notion that anything we experience today is somehow greater (and therefore foretells of something) than anything that has come before. Lots of people have claimed that the world is experiencing more wars, disease or some other catastrophes than ever before but even the most superficial look at history will prove otherwise. I have even seen such fallacies expressed in these forums.
  7. Joined
    02 Aug '06
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 12:11
    Or that Big Foot is John the Baptist?
  8. Playing with matches
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 13:10
    The Nessiah.
    Yes, of course, how did I not see it before?
  9. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 13:42
    Yes, of course, how did I not see it before?
    Because I'm much brighter than you.
  10. Standard memberChronicLeaky
    Don't Fear Me
    Reaping
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 13:44
    The Nessiah.
    Amazing.
  11. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 13:48
    Originally posted by ChronicLeaky
    Amazing.
    I'd say it's a classic three-reccer.
  12. Playing with matches
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 14:36
    Because I'm much brighter than you.
    Obviously. Are you one of the Prophets fortelling the coming of the Nessiah? What signs should we be looking for?
  13. Joined
    12 Jun '05
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 14:43
    Obviously. Are you one of the Prophets fortelling the coming of the Nessiah? What signs should we be looking for?
    A holy snout, obviously.
  14. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 23:26
    A voice crying in the wildernessie.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Jun '07 04:19
    The Nessiah.
    Perhaps, but why Scotland? I mean, not to diss Scotland or anything but what's the attraction? Men wearing kilts and playing obnoxious bag pipes perhaps? Oh yea, I forgot about golf. Perhaps he like golf. Other than that there is not much going on in Scotland is there?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree