1. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 01:44
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    Actually, what I wrote I considered to be rather sad. There were no "funny" intentions at all in it.
    Your funny remarks usually are very sad. It depends on what perspective one chooses. One can choose the "trying to be clever" perspective ...... or the "trying to please my audience and thus trying to receive applause and recognition" perspective ... of course there are many others ......
  2. Standard memberXanthosNZ
    Cancerous Bus Crash
    p^2.sin(phi)
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 01:56
    Did you actually read the article in question ivan? Even the title or it? Because the title spells improverish correctly and it seems you can't.
  3. Joined
    09 Dec '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 04:37
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Did you actually read the article in question ivan? Even the title or it? Because the title spells improverish correctly and it seems you can't.
    do you ever take those glasses off
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Jan '07 04:42
    Originally posted by biggest b
    do you ever take those glasses off
    Would'nt that imply a conversion of some kind?
  5. London
    Moves
    15 Jan '07 20:41
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    It must be nice to be told what to think.
    You should know.
  6. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 10:50
    Does religion make for an impoverished view of the universe? Not necessarily.

What does make for an impoverished view of the universe, in general?
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 12:12
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    If someone wants to read a serious critique on Dawkin's ideas about religion, he or she should read it. That's the reason why I post these critical articles.

People who are not seriously interested or people who want to swallow Dawkins's views withour investigating them have the possibility of skipping the threads wherein I present this criticism.

Now, do you have anything serious to communicate about the content of the article ?
    It is hardly a well thought out critique. Surely you could do better.

I personally would agree with the statement that many people have an impoverished view of the universe partly due to their religions. The critique does not address this but rather tries to claim that because there are a few enquiring mind amongst religious people then religion (specifically Christianity) is not to blame. It totally ignores the fact that other religions exist and overlooks the possibility that many religious people are encouraged not to question many religious teachings.
  8. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    16 Jan '07 12:54
    Originally posted by XanthosNZ
    Even the title or it? Because the title spells improverish correctly and it seems you can't.
    Improverish...something that gets better as it goes along?
  9. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 21:12
    '
    "The strategy of the materialist atheists is usually to claim that science is all, and that beauty and the rest are merely human constructs arising from the hard-wiring in our brains. I cannot accept so grotesquely impoverished a view of reality."

John Polkinghorne
  10. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    26 Jan '07 21:45
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    '
    "The strategy of the materialist atheists is usually to claim that science is all, and that beauty and the rest are merely human constructs arising from the hard-wiring in our brains. I cannot accept so grotesquely impoverished a view of reality."

John Polkinghorne
    This ignorance of the Father brought about terror and fear. And terror became dense like a fog, that no one was able to see. Because of this, error became strong.

Valentinus ...."Gospel of Truth"

of course that was before Constantine turned Christianity into the religion of the Roman Empire, repleat with the violence and privilege.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree