1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Jan '13 19:23
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Consider the German language (the only foreign language I have some familiarity with). Why are some nouns masculine, some feminine, and some just neutral?

Do words have sexual organs?

I suspect the answer has to be similar to the answer to this thread's question.
    Saying god is male is implying there is a matching female god also. Maybe they take turns running the universe. Honey, it's your turn this millennium....
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Jan '13 00:30
    You're right, Poper Knob, the unmanifested "God" has no use for a body , except when "IT" does.
    Of course there is no God but since the universe is still best explained in paradoxical/oxymoronic statements most accurately (imo) , then we can infer a lot about what "God" may be like.
    The God of the bible is a sham, we know, but why so male-centric? I believe it is to reinforce the apparent physical bounds that have been placed on our lives. Guys are tougher physically so it stands to reason that God is a guy. What baloney.
    Up until 100 years ago this "tougher guy" scenario had the masses fooled for 2000+ years. The tough guys superioirity is at an end.
    We find true strength coming from the most unusual of places, the elderly,young kids,girly women!!.... all tougher than the most brutish of blokes....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree