1. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 17:27
    Originally posted by vistesd
    Aha! I didn't get it first time 'round. OKay, I'll have to find the "kabbalah konnection."
    I hope it's more fun than digging up that grisly horror you posted back there. Sheesh...
  2. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    17 Feb '06 17:33
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    I hope it's more fun than digging up that grisly horror you posted back there. Sheesh...
    We have been finding those lately, haven't we?

I've got some other things going, so remind me if I don't get at that "kabbalah konnection" in a timely manner. How're Mama and Todd doing? Getting any sleep?
  3. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    18 Feb '06 09:42
    Originally posted by vistesd
    So she is “black and beautiful” and he is “radiant and ruddy.” 🙂
    Just to be clear, this reference in the Song of Songs (Solomon?) is to Moses and his wife? Interesting, I think I've read this somewhere before. To me, it makes perfect sense, in as much as I like Osman's theory concerning Moses' identity.
  4. Standard memberDavid C
    Flamenco Sketches
    Spain, in spirit
    Moves
    18 Feb '06 09:44
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    The red & the black...The Lovers.
    "The Lovers are the embodiment of the harmony of opposites. This is how we are before the fear and prejudices of life intervene. We give our love freely to others and we need no other to make us whole."
  5. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    19 Feb '06 17:411 edit
    Originally posted by David C
    Just to be clear, this reference in the Song of Songs (Solomon?) is to Moses and his wife? Interesting, I think I've read this somewhere before. To me, it makes perfect sense, in as much as I like Osman's theory concerning Moses' identity.
    No, sorry if I was unclear—different stories. Here is the reference to Moses’ wife:

Numbers 12:1 While they were at Hazeroth, Miriam and Aaron spoke against Moses because of the Cushite woman (ha’ isha kushit) whom he had married; for he had indeed married a Cushite woman.

From my morphology & Hebrew Wordbook text: kûsh refers to the region immediately south and east of Egypt, including modern Nubia, the Sudan, and the Ethiopia of classical writers (not modern Abyssinia). It would begin at about the First cataract, where the Aswan dam now stands. A satellite, and sometimes ruler, of Egypt. The name derives from Egyptian ksh.

Whether or not this wife is Zipporah can be argued, since elsewhere Zipporah is identified as a Midianite. Midianites (possible descendants of the biblical Midian, born to Avraham and Keturah) may be ancient desert people living in northwest Arabia around the Gulf of Aqaba—on the other hand, the Hebrew m-d-y-n can mean a number of things, with it’s root d-y-n, meaning judgment or contention; and m’dinah can simply mean “province.”

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree