1. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    01 Jun '13 22:56
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    ...weather, which is chaotic by definition. It's a function of the physics involved. Be glad there is weather here...
    If God had to constantly intervene supernaturally to tame wild weather around the globe, do you think He would work up a sweat and grow weary and lose some control over weather? Or do you see Him as omnipotent?
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jun '13 23:26
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    If God had to constantly intervene supernaturally to tame wild weather around the globe, do you think He would work up a sweat and grow weary and lose some control over weather? Or do you see Him as omnipotent?
    No, He wouldn't even break a sweat over it.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    01 Jun '13 23:31
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    be glad there is weather!!!!! you should try growing up in the north east of england. see how you feel about weather then. even the cold vacuum of space would be light relief in comparison.
    lol.

You forget that I live in the Great American Southwest Deserts, where for three to five months out of the year the temp hits 40 degrees C regularly and often tops 45C. The official record for where I live was 50C, reached several years ago.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    01 Jun '13 23:541 edit
    lol.

You forget that I live in the Great American Southwest Deserts, where for three to five months out of the year the temp hits 40 degrees C regularly and often tops 45C. The official record for where I live was 50C, reached several years ago.
    no body likes a smart arse!!! anywhooo due to the moist british weather , my arse will be as soft as a babies bum in 20years while yours my friend will be scorched into some sort of reptilian, leathery, ball-sack looking caboose. who will be railing against god then!!!!!!
  5. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 01:011 edit
    I live in the Great American Southwest Deserts, where for three to five months out of the year the temp hits 40 degrees C regularly and often tops 45C. The official record for where I live was 50C, reached several years ago.
    I was in Phoenix one day in the 1980s (+/-) when it got up to something like 121 F, which is about what 50 C is.

Did you ever find time to tune in to central Arizona's Christian radio stations? Any thoughts on Andrew Tallman, Prophet Dr. Ron Dubrul, Dr. Frank Evans, or Bible Answer Man Hank Hanegraaff?
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 01:17
    I was in Phoenix one day in the 1980s (+/-) when it got up to something like 121 F, which is about what 50 C is.

Did you ever find time to tune in to central Arizona's Christian radio stations? Any thoughts on Andrew Tallman, Prophet Dr. Ron Dubrul, Dr. Frank Evans, or Bible Answer Man Hank Hanegraaff?
    The only Christian radio station I can receive on my small walkman radio is 90.3 FM (not even sure where it's from), but I don't really find much reason to listen to it. I also shy away from most televangelists because in my opinion they tend to hold the love of money higher than the love of God. I will admit that I am not familiar with any of those people you name, though.

At work (which is where I do most of my radio listening), my workmates are mostly 20-50 year olds, mainly of a secular nature, although I do enjoy talking to a group of black, mainly southern baptist women on occasion. 🙂 Sometimes I'll feel the need for some Godly feedback and will tune into the Christian station for a few 'amen!'s, then it's back to listening to music, hehe.
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 01:38
    Rather than repeatedly going back to the 'God is a right bastard' well, I'm more of the idea that most planets in the universe (at least those that are earth-like, consisting of a rocky surface with an atmosphere and surface water (all necessary to life, I might point out)) have weather, which is chaotic by definition. It's a function of the physics involv ...[text shortened]... Be glad there is weather here. Without weather, I doubt there would be human life, either.
    Can your god foresee the weather and its results?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 02:11
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    Can your god foresee the weather and its results?
    Why should he?

Weather happens. Deal with it. It's the way it's always been.

Yeah, it sucks that the hurricane blew your house down. Evolve and build stronger somewhere else. Whining to God about it won't change much and is kind of a passive-aggressive way of dealing with it, you know?
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 02:19
    Why should he?

Weather happens. Deal with it. It's the way it's always been.

Yeah, it sucks that the hurricane blew your house down. Evolve and build stronger somewhere else. Whining to God about it won't change much and is kind of a passive-aggressive way of dealing with it, you know?
    That wasn't my question. Does he, or does he not, know these things in advance?
  10. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 03:242 edits
    The only Christian radio station I can receive on my small walkman radio is 90.3 FM
    My go-to channel for Christian radio was 1360 AM, until Mr. Tallman was terminated a couple years ago. I never did hear why they dropped him. He was an interesting guy, with a degree in philosophy from some Midwestern college. I think he has moved to the Pacific Northwest.

Other names that come to mind from possibly a different AM station ("Family Values Radio 1010 AM" may be the one I am thinking of, or KXEG which is 1280 AM) are Prophetess Julia Coleman and Pastor John Hagee. You'll know it is the prophetess if you hear somebody saying "My God!" in about every fourth sentence out of her mouth.

I tune in to Trinity Broadcasting TV once in a blue moon. There is about a 50% chance that when I watch it will be someone preaching on how you need to sew a seed in order to get a good harvest. In this context, "seed" = check, money order, or any major credit card. 😵
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 04:10
    Some of them will go for 5. The world got all screwed up because Adam and Eve sinned. It's all their fault.
    6. After the flood. But I will say 1 and 2.
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 04:451 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    ... I will say 1 and 2.
    Worth noting:
    The biblical book of Job has God and the Evil One teaming up to devastate a particular family, which is why I included my choice #3.
  13. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 05:50
    Just snapped that this thread missed an alliterative chance.

"Do Deities Deliberately Design Disasters?"
  14. Joined
    30 Sep '12
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 06:40
    Just snapped that this thread missed an alliterative chance.

"Do Deities Deliberately Design Disasters?"
    Which reminds me...
    Grampy Bobby has not weighed in.

😉
  15. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 12:171 edit
    Worth noting:
    The biblical book of Job has God and the Evil One teaming up to devastate a particular family, which is why I included my choice #3.
    I don't think that they really teamed up I put a 2 because the book of job and a 1 because the word says that God makes it rain on the just and the unjust. Also the 10 plagues if that's how you spell it well in exodus the devil mocked God by coping him is some of them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree