1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 15:031 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    That wasn't my question. Does he, or does he not, know these things in advance?
    Well, He knows everything. He set it all in motion in the beginning. But I feel it's just physics now, a relatively perfect system doesn't need an overseer. If man were to muck it up, then I would guess that's man's problem. This is why mere mortals can't get the immensity of being God. Knowing every detail is overwhelming to us, to be sure. But you know, I'm guessing He can't be too bothered with it all. For one thing, death is only a 'change of state', not an 'end of it all'. We view it as a horror only due to our limited understanding.

Yes, He knows in advance. I know, next you're going to say what a monster He is for not 'saving' us. Well, the thing is, He's already saved us, if only we'd listen. We're told to be ready. We're told to lay up our riches in Heaven, and not on earth. What's really sad is those who think this is all there is. If this is all there is, then yeah, I can see why they'd think it's all a dreary and useless existence.
  2. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 15:08
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, He knows everything. He set it all in motion in the beginning. But I feel it's just physics now, a relatively perfect system doesn't need an overseer. If man were to muck it up, then I would guess that's man's problem. This is why mere mortals can't get the immensity of being God. Knowing every detail is overwhelming to us, to be sure. But you k ...[text shortened]... n yeah, I can see why they'd think it's all a dreary and useless existence.
    Hey Suzi, do you believe that when you die you go to heaven?

Or are you resurrected to live back here on a paradise earth?

Just askin'
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 15:08
    Originally posted by Paul Dirac II
    My go-to channel for Christian radio was 1360 AM, until Mr. Tallman was terminated a couple years ago. I never did hear why they dropped him. He was an interesting guy, with a degree in philosophy from some Midwestern college. I think he has moved to the Pacific Northwest.

Other names that come to mind from possibly a different AM station ("Family V ...[text shortened]... good harvest. In this context, "seed" = check, money order, or any major credit card. 😵
    Hehe, yeah, that's exactly what I mean. I can only guess that they are appealing to those who don't have a regular church they give tithes to.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 15:13
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    Hey Suzi, do you believe that when you die you go to heaven?

Or are you resurrected to live back here on a paradise earth?

Just askin'
    I believe that when we 'die', our soul goes 'somewhere' to prepare for the Kingdom of God. Call it Heaven, okay, but I'm not sure it corresponds to the classical 'heaven' with St. Peter and clouds and harps and wings and stuff. Still, we await Judgement Day. All will be resurrected then to be judged and then the righteous will go to a New Jerusalem, the Kingdom of God, yes, on Earth as told in Revelation.
  5. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    02 Jun '13 22:53
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Well, He knows everything. He set it all in motion in the beginning. But I feel it's just physics now, a relatively perfect system doesn't need an overseer. If man were to muck it up, then I would guess that's man's problem. This is why mere mortals can't get the immensity of being God. Knowing every detail is overwhelming to us, to be sure. But you k ...[text shortened]... n yeah, I can see why they'd think it's all a dreary and useless existence.
    I was actually going to suggest a divine mass-mailing 1 week in advance of things like Hurricane Katrina. I am aware that we skeptics tend to demand a lot from your gods, so I am trying to keep the request reasonable.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree