1. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 00:291 edit
    Originally posted by @sonship
    Jesus did not DENY that they did WHAT they did.
    He denied that He approved them or acknowledged them.

Did Jesus not say -

"You lie, You NEVER prophesied in My name.
    You NEVER casted out demons in My name.
    You NEVER did many mighty works in My name."

He does not dispute that they did these things.
    He says He never knew [i] [b] ...[text shortened]... entering into the kingdom, in spite of this, the lawless workers are told to depart from Jesus.
    Jesus does not speak like that. Jesus is not sonship. Jesus simply called them workers of iniquity. Obviously they were under the mistaken impression [like many church pastors these days] that performing miracles and casting out devils is good works. They failed to follow the commandments of Christ .. again like so many church people these days.

Jesus knows his sheep and his sheep hear his voice and they follow him. Following Jesus's commandments is the single most critical thing for eternal life. That is why Jesus said he does not know them. You are preaching another doctrine and you are part and parcel of the evil and crookedness which exists in the church.

Jesus made this point immediately after that scenario by stating that the wise man is the one who hears and follows his commandments. It would appear that you are not in this category.
  2. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 00:54
    Jesus might want some peace. 2000 years after his death, ppl are so worked up about his words.

I'd be like, FFS, just take them at face value.

But that's just me.
  3. PenTesting
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 01:13
    Originally posted by @bigdoggproblem
    Jesus might want some peace. 2000 years after his death, ppl are so worked up about his words.

But that's just me.
    Just take what Jesus said. .. correct
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '18
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 17:55
    Originally posted by @rajk999
    Another denomination freak. Do you have a comment of substance to present?
    I'm trying to understand why you are so bitter.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    25 Jun '18 18:091 edit

But that's just me.
    Jesus is doing hard core penance to fullfill his word , just like any upstanding person would . No more , no less. Thats all we need to know about him right now . There are too many confused about the name "Jesus" and what it implies these days. If he is someone you haven't met then you'd be unwise to speculate as to know his mind. Like any another person.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Jun '18 10:45
    Originally posted by @alphazero
    I'm trying to understand why you are so bitter.
    A stalling tactic when you have nothing of substance to add to the topic of the thread.
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 03:19
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    Jesus is doing hard core penance to fullfill his word , just like any upstanding person would . No more , no less. Thats all we need to know about him right now . There are too many confused about the name "Jesus" and what it implies these days. If he is someone you haven't met then you'd be unwise to speculate as to know his mind. Like any another person.
    Jesus perhaps gets a bum rap. He was just a guy, trying to leave a mark on the world. He had no way of knowing all these crazy people were going to scrutinize his every word with a fine-tooth comb 2000 years later.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 04:261 edit
    Jesus had no way of knowing that some people were going construct a cult of personality around him and then all these crazy people were going to be scrutinizing every word they wrote about him with a fine-tooth comb 2000 years later.
    Fixed.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Jun '18 08:401 edit
    Jesus perhaps gets a bum rap. He was just a guy, trying to leave a mark on the world. He had no way of knowing all these crazy people were going to scrutinize his every word with a fine-tooth comb 2000 years later.
    I think the message would've been clearer if the bible wasn't altered.
    However it seems clear jc knew that his life would be examined. He fortold of the wicked ways of future generations and of the battle for our souls. He lived his life as an example and inspiration to all who came after him. He wanted for us to live justly so we may know the Lord. For this he was tortured and crucified.
    He told the righteous that they too would be persecuted and belittled because the ones that manipulate don't want us to know the real message of the bible.
    I'm sure jc wanted us to use our brains to figure out the way to Heaven. I'm sure he wanted us to know things for ourselves , not pay lip service to him until they die.
  10. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 10:381 edit
    Originally posted by @karoly-aczel
    I think the message would've been clearer if the bible wasn't altered.

Give an example of the two most serious "altered" passages.
    Give the originals,
    Then give the offending alterations.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 10:393 edits

He lived his life as an example and inspiration to all who came after him.

Why in just leaving us an example would He say that we have to eat His flesh and drink His blood ?

That's is quite a statement for someone who merely wants us to imitate Himself.

He wanted for us to live justly so we may know the Lord. For this he was tortured and crucified.

He was tortured and crucified because He did such things as pronounce forgiveness on sinners, which only God could do. He strongly implied He WAS the God of the Old Testament come as a man. He broke the Sabbath by performing miracles of healing invoking intense irritation and envy from the religious power structures.
    He said He was a King when the infuriated Jews replied that they had NO king except Caesar. They were frustrated at His preaching of love when they expected a military insurrection.

He was crucified for identifying Himself as the Messiah Son of Man - Son of God that Daniel prophesied about.

And the high priest said to Him, I charge You to swear by the living God to tell us if You are the Christ, the Son of God.

Jesus said to him, You have said rightly. Nevertheless I say to you, From now on you will see the Son of Man sitting a the right hand of Power and coming on the clouds of heaven.

And the high priest tore his garments, saying, He has blasphemed! What further need do we have of witnesses? Behold, now you have heard the blasphemy." (Matt. 26:62-65)

Compare to Daniel 7;13,14 .

He was also judged on the cross by God as we can never know, for the sins of the world for all time and history. This is a divine matter far exceeding the physical torture He endured from man.

He drank the cup of God's wrathful judgment on our behalf.
    This is something of the supernatural exceeding mere human martyrdom.
  12. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 10:40

He told the righteous that they too would be persecuted and belittled because the ones that manipulate don't want us to know the real message of the bible.

He said that they would be persecuted for His NAME's sake.
    He said they would be hated by all nations because of His name.

"Then they will deliver you up to tribulation and will kill you, and you will be hated by all the nations because of My name." (Matt. 24:9)

I think you have to read your New Testament more carefully.
    He also said many false Christs would come pretending to be Him and deceive many followers of themselves.

"At that time if anyone says to you, Behold, here is the Christ! or, Here! do not believe it.

For false Christs and false prophets will arise and will show great signs and wonders so as to lead astray, if possible, even the chosen." (Matt. 24:23-24)

If you try to reduce the NT to teaching Jesus Christ just came and died a good humantarian example to imitate, you definitely are not comprehending His teaching or the New Testament well.
  13. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    01 Jul '18 10:40

I'm sure jc wanted us to use our brains to figure out the way to Heaven. I'm sure he wanted us to know things for ourselves , not pay lip service to him until they die.

He wanted us to live by Himself as He lived by His Father. that means thoroughly internalizing a Living Person into our being - to EAT Him so as to live because of Him.

" As the living Father has sent Me and I live because of the Father, so he who eats Me, he also shall live because of Me." (John 6:57)

This He wants as you go into the kitchen, bedroom, to work, to class, to tend to your children, to everything in your daily life.

We have to take Him into us as available "food" that He may dispense Himself into our personality. This is a supernatural matter of the combining of the resurrected Christ with our innermost spiritual being.

"the last Adam became a life giving Spirit." (1 Cor.15:45)

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree