1. Maryland
    Moves
    09 May '10 00:58
    According to Dr. Pangloss, this is the best of all possible worlds. Was Dr. Pangloss correct? If it's not the best of all possible worlds, did god mess up?
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 May '10 02:27
    Originally posted by 667joe
    According to Dr. Pangloss, this is the best of all possible worlds. Was Dr. Pangloss correct? If it's not the best of all possible worlds, did god mess up?
    Yes he was correct.

Also yes , god DID mess it up.

Also it can be changed.

Many powers out there for anyone with e few months on their hands.
  3. Maryland
    Moves
    09 May '10 16:27
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Yes he was correct.

Also yes , god DID mess it up.

Also it can be changed.

Many powers out there for anyone with e few months on their hands.
    I thought that god is supposed to be perfect.
  4. Joined
    06 May '10
    Moves
    09 May '10 20:23
    He Is Perfectly Good.

G-D didn't mess up. we did. the first adam messed it up by breaking the mirror. He already fixed the mirror for us. round about 4-5 bc
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    09 May '10 22:30
    Perfection is a human concept. It tries to point the finger at the type of life/actions which are exempelary . Still the term 'perfection' has its opposites.

God is beyond all human classification. We may as well not even talk about it in scientific terms because we cant isolate a part of god that is independent of the whole. So in this sense the athiests are right. There is no god. Not one that we can sink our teeth into anyway
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    10 May '10 17:38
    The real question here is how you evaluate possible worlds. What makes one possible world better than another?
    For example, if I was happier for one day with all else the same, would the world be better?
    If I lived one day longer would the world be better?
    If the answer is yes to the above then God did mess up or he is incapable of making me happier without causing undesirable consequences. If the answer is no, then I would love to hear what the reasoning is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree