1. Joined
    17 May '05
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 00:58
    If God created life in his own image (aka intelligent life) on other worlds in this vast universe (Hmm, If I was omnipotent, omnipresent, I would), Christianity would have a hard time explaining the role of Christ.

If those alien lives all maintained a sinless state, we terrans would shamefully be the only ones in need of forgiveness through the bloody sacrifice of jesus.
    The second dreadful and absurd possibility: Jesus would have to die multiple, even countless, deaths to save sinners on those other worlds.
    The third dreadful possibilty: God leaves those alien sinners to rot!
    Fourth "happy" possibility: we are all alone!

This is why the Church is so obsessed with maintaining an earth-centric view of the universe.
  2. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 02:58
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    If God created life in his own image (aka intelligent life) on other worlds in this vast universe (Hmm, If I was omnipotent, omnipresent, I would), Christianity would have a hard time explaining the role of Christ.

If those alien lives all maintained a sinless state, we terrans would shamefully be the only ones in need of forgiveness through the bloody ...[text shortened]...

This is why the Church is so obsessed with maintaining an earth-centric view of the universe.
    If I were an alien and came to visit a Christian then yes that Christian would have a hard time explaining to me about Jesus.I'm not an alien.1)Were all sinners as these forms show clear evidence.2)Jesus died once for all who believe in him.3)U don't know4)We are not alone!5)U don't have to travel to pluto to find Jesus.
  3. Colorado
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 06:54

If those alien lives all maintained a sinless state, we terrans would shamefully be the only ones in need of forgiveness through the bloody ...[text shortened]...

I’ll offer a fifth possibility. God put Christ into the intelligent aliens just like he did us. 🙂
  4. Standard memberUmbrageOfSnow
    All Bark, No Bite
    Playing percussion
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 07:04
    Originally posted by windmill
    If I were an alien and came to visit a Christian then yes that Christian would have a hard time explaining to me about Jesus.I'm not an alien.1)Were all sinners as these forms show clear evidence.2)Jesus died once for all who believe in him.3)U don't know4)We are not alone!5)U don't have to travel to pluto to find Jesus.
    Six: U need to learn to type out your words so you don't look like an ***.

Also, what good would it do aliens if Jesus sacrificed himself only for those who believe in him. They could not possibly believe in him, as it would be impossible for them to meet him or even hear of his teachings.
  5. Colorado
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 07:072 edits
    Originally posted by UmbrageOfSnow

Also, what good would it do aliens if Jesus sacrificed himself only for those who believe in him. They could not possibly believe in him, as it would be impossible for them to meet him or even hear of his teachings.
    As I understand it the church agrees with this. The same thing happens here on earth. Even if somebody has never had the opportunity to hear of Jesus they are doomed to hell.

I don’t agree with this view. I’m also not an orthodox Christian.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 19:50

That's a lot of "ifs".
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 20:291 edit

Regicidal: "This is why the Church is so obsessed with maintaining an earth-centric view of the universe."

???????? Is she now ?

Do you have any evidence for your claim that the Church is "obsessed with maintaining an earth-centric view of the universe" ?

If the Church is indeed "obsessed" with this view then you surely must be capable of producing Church documents which prove your claim.
  8. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    19 Nov '05 21:06
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    [b]Regicidal: "This is why the Church is so obsessed with maintaining an earth-centric view of the universe."

???????? Is she now ?

Do you have any evidence for your claim that the Church is "obsessed with maintaining an earth-centric view of the universe" ?

If the Church is indeed "obsessed" with this view then you surely must be capable of producing Church documents which prove your claim.[/b]
    OMG I agree with Ivanhoe!

Why shouldn't the Church maintain an earth-centered view? Should
    it be considering the souls of those aliens whom they don't know exist?

It's not that the Church maintains that the earth is the center of the
    geographic universe, but that earth is the focus of its mission and
    ministry.

Nemesio
  9. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 01:14
    Six: [b] U need to learn to type out your words so you don't look like an ***.
    Hehe!🙂
  10. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 01:29

GOD problely has created other beings, in other universes and worlds. They I believe never sinned. They know more then we know of the War between good and evil. They are watching and learning why it is wrong to disobey THE WORD OF GOD, and the penalties for doing so. After GOD deals with the world in which we live. There will never again be another rebellioin. There will never be a need.
  11. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 02:15
    Six: [b] U need to learn to type out your words so you don't look like an ***.

Also, what good would it do aliens if Jesus sacrificed himself only for those who believe in him. They could not possibly believe in him, as it would be impossible for them to meet him or even hear of his teachings.[/b]
    Your addition may be far worse than my subtraction?.....only!
  12. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 02:23
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    As I understand it the church agrees with this. The same thing happens here on earth. Even if somebody has never had the opportunity to hear of Jesus they are doomed to hell.

I don’t agree with this view. I’m also not an orthodox Christian.
    One of my cousins had a baby die a few years ago and it makes good sense to me where this baby goes.It also makes good sense to me that those people you describe have the same fate.....however I don't know.
  13. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 02:29
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    GOD problely has created other beings, in other universes and worlds. They I believe never sinned. They know more then we know of the War between good and evil. They are watching and learning why it is wrong to disobey THE WORD OF GOD, and the penalties for doing so. After GOD deals with the world in which we live. There will never again be another rebellioin. There will never be a need.
    It seems very important to you that your God punish those who don't believe the exact same things you do. Why is that? What have you got against 99% of the human race?
  14. Standard membertelerion
    True X X Xian
    The Lord's Army
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 03:46
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    Of course even with these blameless extraterrestrials out there, humans are still the main purpose of God's creation right? After all, isn't it correct that He created the universe so that He could have fellowship with us. You're not suggesting that we aren't the crowning jewel of a perfect being's masterpiece are you?
  15. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 09:34
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It seems very important to you that your God punish those who don't believe the exact same things you do. Why is that? What have you got against 99% of the human race?
    All of mankind is being given the chance to hear of the Salvation that is given by JESUS CHRIST. The message is being given in all tongues and of all understanding. there will be no excuse for anyone that has heard of what JESUS CHRIST, has done. All of mankind will hear the message that fits them, and their understanding. Those in the world who reject the message of JESUS CHRIST, true will be punished. That will be their fault.
    THE WORD OF GOD, is for all of mankind and all understanding. If all believe THE WORD OF GOD, we all believe the same things. Any of mankind that chooses not to believe THE WORD OF GOD. So be it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree