1. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 09:38
    Originally posted by telerion
    Of course even with these blameless extraterrestrials out there, humans are still the main purpose of God's creation right? After all, isn't it correct that He created the universe so that He could have fellowship with us. You're not suggesting that we aren't the crowning jewel of a perfect being's masterpiece are you?
    We are the focas of attention right now. All of Creation is watching The War between Good and Evil. We chose to be the battle ground when we ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and evil.
  2. Jupiter
    Moves
    20 Nov '05 10:44
    Originally posted by blindfaith101
    We are the focas of attention right now. All of Creation is watching The War between Good and Evil. We chose to be the battle ground when we ate from the Tree of the Knowledge of Good and evil.
    Your ego is almost as big as your religious fanaticism.

Why would the rest of the universe be interested in an insignificant planet, the residents of which are still killing each other in droves whilst destroying their own environment while they do so?

If a bemused alien looked down on Earth, they'd see a battle between evil and evil - with a few good people keeping well clear for the religious idiots killing each other. I'd prefer if we didn't encounter other lifeforms until we're a bit more civilised for fear of embarrasment.
  3. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 07:52
    Originally posted by fooey
    Your ego is almost as big as your religious fanaticism.

Why would the rest of the universe be interested in an insignificant planet, the residents of which are still killing each other in droves whilst destroying their own environment while they do so?

If a bemused alien looked down on Earth, they'd see a battle between evil and evil - with a few good p ...[text shortened]... we didn't encounter other lifeforms until we're a bit more civilised for fear of embarrasment.
    There is a War going on Everyone in Creation is watching. This insignificant planet is the battle field. The battle field on which GOD will defeat the forces of evil. GOD will replace the Earth, with a new one.
  4. Colorado
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 08:51
    Originally posted by windmill
    One of my cousins had a baby die a few years ago and it makes good sense to me where this baby goes.It also makes good sense to me that those people you describe have the same fate.....however I don't know.
    What fate is this? Heaven or hell?
  5. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 10:05
    There is a War going on Everyone in Creation is watching. This insignificant planet is the battle field. The battle field on which GOD will defeat the forces of evil. GOD will replace the Earth, with a new one.
    Wasn't Tom Cruise the hero in that movie?
  6. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 10:12
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    If God created life in his own image (aka intelligent life) on other worlds in this vast universe (Hmm, If I was omnipotent, omnipresent, I would), Christianity would have a hard time explaining the role of Christ.

If those alien lives all maintained a sinless state, we terrans would shamefully be the only ones in need of forgiveness through the bloody ...[text shortened]...

This is why the Church is so obsessed with maintaining an earth-centric view of the universe.
    I'm pretty sure the Church would attempt to convert the aliens that were not enlightened by the shedding of the blood of Christ.

The Church is focused on Earth because, for the moment, there is no other audience.
  7. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 10:26
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    That's a lot of "ifs".
    Yes....and it's sure getting hot in here!🙂
  8. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 10:29
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    What fate is this? Heaven or hell?
    lol.One of the two!
  9. Standard memberwindmill
    your king.
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 10:37
    [b]All of mankind is being given the chance to hear of the Salvation that is given by JESUS CHRIST.
    What about the Maori race here in New Zealand.I think you will find some of them were not given the chance u describe.Many many others also.
  10. Joined
    16 Dec '04
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 14:27
    Originally posted by windmill
    What about the Maori race here in New Zealand.I think you will find some of them were not given the chance u describe.Many many others also.
    If you sin without knowing what you're doing, God takes that into account. But if you sin knowing full well what you are doing, that's a different story entirely. Merely hearing God's ;aw is a waste of your time if you don't do what he commands. Doing, not hearing, is what makes the difference with god. when outsiders who have never heard of God's law follow it more or less by instinct, they confirm its truth by their obedience. They show that God's law is not something alien, imposed on us from without, but woven into the very fabric of our creation. There is something deep within that echoes God's yes and no, right and wrong. Their response to God's yes and no willbecome public knowledge on the day God makes his final decision about man and woman. The message from God that I proclaimthrough Jesus Christ takes into account all these differrnces. ROMANS 2:12-16 THE MESSAGE BIBLE
    (For as many as have sinned without law shall perish without law; and as many as have sinned in the lawshall be judged by the law; For not the hearers of the law are just before God, but the doers of the law shall be justified. Fir when the Gentiles have not the law, do by nature the things contained in the law, these, having not the law, are a law unto themselves: Which show the work of the law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witness, and their thoughts the meanwhile accusing or excusing one another😉 In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. ROMANS 2:12-16 KJV BIBLE
  11. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 17:50
    If you sin without knowing what you're doing, God takes that into account. But if you sin knowing full well what you are doing, that's a different story entirely. Merely hearing God's ;aw is a waste of your time if you don't do what he commands. Doing, not hearing, is what makes the difference with god. when outsiders who have never heard of God's ...[text shortened]... the secrets of men by Jesus Christ according to my gospel. ROMANS 2:12-16 KJV BIBLE
    Of course by 'Law' St Paul meant the Law of Moses.

Do you keep kosher blindfaith? I mean, after all, you are well aware of
    the Law. Do you keep the purity laws, too?

Nemesio
  12. Jupiter
    Moves
    21 Nov '05 19:19
    I hope he keeps the fjords. They took him ages first time around...
  13. R.I.P.
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 00:24
    Originally posted by Regicidal
    If God created life in his own image (aka intelligent life) on other worlds in this vast universe (Hmm, If I was omnipotent, omnipresent, I would), Christianity would have a hard time explaining the role of Christ.

If those alien lives all maintained a sinless state, we terrans would shamefully be the only ones in need of forgiveness through the bloody ...[text shortened]...

This is why the Church is so obsessed with maintaining an earth-centric view of the universe.
    Another option might be that he has more than one child, as in one for every other inhabited planet, Some of them might even be girls!
    Which kind of gets me thinking ......... If god really wanted to make an impact he should have sacrificed a daughter instead!
  14. USA
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 16:02
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    Another option might be that he has more than one child, as in one for every other inhabited planet
    Did you forget the Only Begotten part of John 3:16
  15. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    22 Nov '05 16:54
    Originally posted by Palynka
    Wasn't Tom Cruise the hero in that movie?
    Yea, but he is a Scientologist....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree