Earth's crust measured, 3 billion years old.

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Jul 15

New measurements with a new ratio of isotopes, 87Rb V 87St reveals the age and progression of Earth's crust. Rb 87 has a half life of 48 billion years so it is ideally suited for such deep past analysis. 87St does not decay at all so just comparing the two in the same rock gives the date:

http://phys.org/news/2015-07-radioisotope-continental-crust-billion-years.html

Creationists weep. (Of course your response: It's all speculation, a big lie, part of the vast atheist conspiracy) Yawn.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Jul 15

Originally posted by sonhouse
New measurements with a new ratio of isotopes, 87Rb V 87St reveals the age and progression of Earth's crust. Rb 87 has a half life of 48 billion years so it is ideally suited for such deep past analysis. 87St does not decay at all so just comparing the two in the same rock gives the date:

http://phys.org/news/2015-07-radioisotope-continental-crust-billio ...[text shortened]... ourse your response: It's all speculation, a big lie, part of the vast atheist conspiracy) Yawn.
The fatal flaw with radioactive dating methods

http://biblicalgeology.net/blog/fatal-flaw-radioactive-dating/

Radioisotope Dating of Rocks: Challenging an Icon of Evolutionary Geology - Dr. Snelling Part 1

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Jul 15

Have you been Suckered by Geological Dating too?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Jul 15

Originally posted by RJHinds
The fatal flaw with radioactive dating methods

http://biblicalgeology.net/blog/fatal-flaw-radioactive-dating/

Radioisotope Dating of Rocks: Challenging an Icon of Evolutionary Geology - Dr. Snelling Part 1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qA4dOWDTbvU
Just another BS set of arguments specifically designed to sway people with no scientific background. We DEDUCE the age of the earth, we don't measure it like having a zero time click on a watch. We can see right now the decay rates of isotopes and we know there has been no change in the laws of physics just by watching the stars which go back billions of years. We KNOW the universe is expanding and just running the tape backwards gives us an age of about 14 billion years for the universe. This is called the process of DEDUCTION. There are no inconsistencies in those deductions so we know they are right.

The ONLY thing these so-called scientists want is to destroy evidence the Earth is more than 6000 years old on RELIGIOUS grounds ONLY. They don't CARE how many sciences they think they are destroying, they ONLY care about forcing the world to view the Earth as 6000 years old NO MATTER HOW THEY DO IT. Truth be DAMNED, we will FORCE the YEC view down your throats. But they didn't count on courts seeing through their BS arguments, twisting every science that counters their built in bias. That is not science, not even CLOSE. It is pure scientific bullying and nothing more.
AND YOU KNOW THAT FULL WELL. But continue on your idiot quest to destroy every science that refutes the ridiculous 6000 year date of the Earth.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Jul 15

Just another BS set of arguments specifically designed to sway people with no scientific background. We DEDUCE the age of the earth, we don't measure it like having a zero time click on a watch. We can see right now the decay rates of isotopes and we know there has been no change in the laws of physics just by watching the stars which go back billions of ye ...[text shortened]... ur idiot quest to destroy every science that refutes the ridiculous 6000 year date of the Earth.
You didn't view both videos, did you?

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Jul 15

You didn't view both videos, did you?
Just show me the papers they submitted to Nature or Scientific American or AAAA. Like I said, that is where the fight should be, not some video designed to garner votes for their political stance in their vain attempt to force creationism to be taught in a science class as if creationism was an actual science which you know full well is no such thing, just religious dogma.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Jul 15

Just show me the papers they submitted to Nature or Scientific American or AAAA. Like I said, that is where the fight should be, not some video designed to garner votes for their political stance in their vain attempt to force creationism to be taught in a science class as if creationism was an actual science which you know full well is no such thing, just religious dogma.
I don't fool around reading that kind of magazines now days, that is just not my thing, I retired. 😏

m

Moves
08 Jul 15

I don't fool around reading that kind of magazines now days, that is just not my thing, I retired. 😏
Gives you more time to read the Bible !!
Over and over and over again !!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Jul 15

Originally posted by mghrn55
Gives you more time to read the Bible !!
Over and over and over again !!
That's right. Normal day to day life for most people of being caught up in this hectic world of working to provide for one's family has a tendency to cause one to neglect learning the important information provided for mankind in the Holy Bible.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jul 15

http://phys.org/news/2015-07-radioisotope-continental-crust-billio ...[text shortened]... ourse your response: It's all speculation, a big lie, part of the vast atheist conspiracy) Yawn.
Gobbledygook.

Whether the earth is 3 billion years old or a gazillion years old it makes no difference. There's no way to put it into relevant meaning in terms of the human experience. It's just the imagination run amuck with grandiose ideas designed to fluster true understanding.

Creationist laughing!

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Jul 15

Originally posted by josephw
Gobbledygook.

Whether the earth is 3 billion years old or a gazillion years old it makes no difference. There's no way to put it into relevant meaning in terms of the human experience. It's just the imagination run amuck with grandiose ideas designed to fluster true understanding.

Creationist laughing!
All well and good but we know of I think 5 major extinction events that have happened in the last half billion years. The life before that was mainly bacterial mats but when animals start appearing, they were more vulnerable to the forces of nature (bacteria can live quite happy under a mile of rock, animals aren't so lucky) and knowing them and knowing the time scales, we can may mitigate the worse effects of the next one although we are in the middle of a giant extinction event right now, man made, thousands of species disappearing now or soon.

You refuse to believe these ages, you are stuck in a crack and won't get out, not viewing reality but just going over and over the same tired old dogma which is not even CLOSE to reality, just your wishful thinking and billions like you.

If it was up to that dogma, discoveries like major extinction events, giant asteroid hits on Earth, mega volcano's, major ice ages, none of that would have ever been discovered since according to you and all the rest of the duped, the world is only 6000 years old.

So you stick your head in the sands of time and you will find yourself left behind while the real world moves ahead and saves your sorry ass when a crunch hits, with technology or knowledge that never would have happened if creationists were in power, which at least in THIS century, will never happen, at least in the west.

Owner

Scoffer Mocker

Moves
08 Jul 15

All well and good but we know of I think 5 major extinction events that have happened in the last half billion years. The life before that was mainly bacterial mats but when animals start appearing, they were more vulnerable to the forces of nature (bacteria can live quite happy under a mile of rock, animals aren't so lucky) and knowing them and knowing the ...[text shortened]... tionists were in power, which at least in THIS century, will never happen, at least in the west.
Then there's only one thing left to do.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
09 Jul 15

Originally posted by josephw
Then there's only one thing left to do.
Yes, and that would be for the world to dump religion and bury it in the garbage heap of history.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
09 Jul 15

Yes, and that would be for the world to dump religion and bury it in the garbage heap of history.
And He was also saying to the crowds, "When you see a cloud rising in the west, immediately you say, 'A shower is coming,' and so it turns out. And when you see a south wind blowing, you say, 'It will be a hot day,' and it turns out that way."

"You hypocrites! You know how to analyze the appearance of the earth and the sky, but why do you not analyze this present time?"

(Luke 12:54-56 NASB)

You are willingly ignorant of the present signs of the end time.

rain

Moves
10 Jul 15

No wonder Mother Nature always cuts the crust off.