1. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 09:56
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Didn't click the link - I have no more desire to watch a 1 hour Christian proselytism fest than I have desire to watch a 1 hour Islamic video with the same agenda.
    Well...,have a Good Easter!
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 10:483 edits
    Originally posted by kd2acz
    We are a YouTube, media driven society with wiki thrown in every now and then, I would like to introduce you to my home church which is having an 8 service and online event this weekend for Easter 2013 We broadcast around the world at many different times throughout the day during the week, we even have a program that broadcasts on South Africa television, eing a part of something potentially life changing.

[b]www.heisreal.org

www.tfhny.org[/b]
    First of all let me state my general position, which is I loath organised corporate Christianity (I am a Christian though.)

Through that lens I saw your "3 month tithing challenge"; it disgusts me frankly. Milking the people of God with promises of "blessings in return" and a "money back guarantee", shame on the church's leaders. The whole thing to me, looks like a boring secular kids club with an (expensive) religious spin.

I'm not intending to insult you but you did ask. I'd look around if I were you.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 12:461 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    First of all let me state my general position, which is I loath organised corporate Christianity (I am a Christian though.)

Through that lens I saw your "3 month tithing challenge"; it disgusts me frankly. Milking the people of God with promises of "blessings in return" and a "money back guarantee", shame on the church's leaders. The whole thing to m ...[text shortened]... pin.

There is a lot more to what you surmise, but I hope you have a nice Easter!

I have some additional comments to add later.
  4. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 16:13

Through that lens I saw your "3 month tithing challenge"; it disgusts me frankly. Milking the people of God with promises of "blessings in return" and a "money back guarantee", shame on the church's leaders. The whole thing to m ...[text shortened]... pin.

Do you have church, home group or some other mechanism of gathering together with people that believe as you to worship, pray, etc on a regular basis?
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 20:13
    Do you have church, home group or some other mechanism of gathering together with people that believe as you to worship, pray, etc on a regular basis?
    Not on a regular basis, but I do not prefer it that way. Why?
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    30 Mar '13 20:19
    There is a lot more to what you surmise, but I hope you have a nice Easter!

I have some additional comments to add later.
    I can only comment on what is written on the website. I've had a fair bit of first hand experience with this type of corporate Christianity.
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 10:20
    I can only comment on what is written on the website. I've had a fair bit of first hand experience with this type of corporate Christianity.
    Well that isn't exactly a 'fair' assessment of a thing is it? I think commenting on such an outward thing such as a sentance is a kin to 'judging a book by its cover. No?
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 10:431 edit
    Well that isn't exactly a 'fair' assessment of a thing is it? I think commenting on such an outward thing such as a sentance is a kin to 'judging a book by its cover. No?
    "3 month tithing challenge"

"get blessings in return [for you giving money to us]"

"money back guarantee"

Are the contents in some way different from the book cover titles? Can I get blessings without giving? What happens after the "3 month challenge"? When does the "money back guarantee" finish? And who will underwrite this claim if I have one?

Can I give my tithe outside of the church? If I do does the "money back guarantee" still stand?

What happens if I don't tithe?

Oh of course, isn't tithing an OT law? I think the NT says something different
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 14:28

"money back guarantee"

Are the contents in some way different from the book cover titles? Can I get blessings without giving? What happens after the "3 month challenge"? When does the "money back guarantee" finish? And who will underwrite this claim if I have o ...[text shortened]...

Yes it is, but the NT exhorts us to give cheerfully of our abundance. It is an opportunity to bless God, exercise our faith and invest in the Kingdom. God does not need our money, He is rich, but it is a step of faith and God does bless us back. It is a hard thing for man to do.
    I used to be negative with my giving, wondering what they do with it, and some churches do use it unwisely. But I decided that I would give to God and let Him worry about how it is used. I give to my favorite church that is out of state. I listen to the teaching online and communicate with the Pastor via e-mail and phone. I also visit local churches from time to time.
  10. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 15:251 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    [b]Oh of course, isn't tithing an OT law? I think the NT says something different

Yes it is, but the NT exhorts us to give cheerfully of our abundance. It is an opportunity to bless God, exercise our faith and invest in the Kingdom. God does not need our money, He is rich, but it is a step of faith and God does bless us back. It is a hard thing f ...[text shortened]... ommunicate with the Pastor via e-mail and phone. I also visit local churches from time to time.[/b]
    Wow; I suppose we're all vulnerable to deception of dome sort or other, but crikey you must be a scammer's dream come true!
  11. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 17:34

"money back guarantee"

Are the contents in some way different from the book cover titles? Can I get blessings without giving? What happens after the "3 month challenge"? When does the "money back guarantee" finish? And who will underwrite this claim if I have o ...[text shortened]...

I think the NT says something different

What do you think it says? Can you give some examples?
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 20:16
    I think the NT says something different

What do you think it says? Can you give some examples?
    "They had all things in common".

The principle of the new covenant is that we are free from the law but still slaves to Christ and therefore everything we own is his.

Corporate religion always, and I mean always revolves around money, the laity's money and how to get it.
  13. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 20:59
    "They had all things in common".

The principle of the new covenant is that we are free from the law but still slaves to Christ and therefore everything we own is his.

Corporate religion always, and I mean always revolves around money, the laity's money and how to get it.

If everything is Chris's, where is the issue. All church's have rents, power, chairs, toilet paper, paper and pencils, etc. to buy, where is your conflict of taking 10% of what is his and putting towards his cause. Jesus even had a guy in charge of the money bag.

My experience and belief, those that have the issue with money the 10% are either not involved in a church and are therefore contributing nothing to the 'corporate' body of Christ and/or think they should get it all for free from the church, aka entitlement!

My church has three locations, we are building a forth. My church has dug water wells in Africa? My church has worked on buildings in orphanages in Mexico and the Dominica Republic. My church has gone on the air in South Africa with television broadcasting to reach those without Internet connections. My church is doing something instead of doing nothing to further the cause of Christ, I don't know where you are from but here in the US the government is not handing out money for these things. We live in the age where these things cost money, actually things have always cost money, it was a principle even Jesus was familiar with. Because all we have is his, why would you not want to be a part of things and work towards the great commission, don't you think it is worth it?

All creation is groaning dude, be a part of what is to come!
  14. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    31 Mar '13 21:52
    I watched the early service...very good message...my monitor went dark for a minute, then realized it was part of the service... 🙂
  15. Joined
    03 Sep '12
    Moves
    01 Apr '13 01:17
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    I watched the early service...very good message...my monitor went dark for a minute, then realized it was part of the service... 🙂
    A lot of people wondered the same thing, good day though.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree