1. Cape Town
    Moves
    22 Nov '14 06:181 edit
    Originally posted by lemon lime
    You guys complain about how RJ posts links to videos, but I have a DVD at home that explains (in a very entertaining way) how creationism and ID has affected the lives of people who dared to consider it. It's called EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed, and it shows Ben Stein going from place to place talking to various people, some of whom you might recognize.
    http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/six-things-ben-stein-doesnt-want-you-to-know/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expelled:_No_Intelligence_Allowed
  2. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    22 Nov '14 06:52
    [b]I might consider it if you can find an article that says more or less the same thing from a source that could be considered neutral, but no neutral source would publish that stuff.

And therein lies the rub... no neutral source would dare publish it, or they would immediately be branded creationist. Teachers have lost their jobs for merely lettin ...[text shortened]... Ben Stein going from place to place talking to various people, some of whom you might recognize.[/b]
    EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed

YouTube
  3. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    22 Nov '14 08:00
    EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5EPymcWp-g
    Instead of spreading obvious propaganda pieces, how about you respond with your own thoughts, having considered all sides of the issue?

Is evolution falsifiable or not?
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    23 Nov '14 00:08
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Instead of spreading obvious propaganda pieces, how about you respond with your own thoughts, having considered all sides of the issue?

Instead of only considering one side of the issue and allowing your mind to slap shut when presented with the other side, how about you stick to talking about what you do know?

I've already said evolution is falsifiable. I'm not going to rehash this... if you didn't get it the first or second time around then whose fault is that?
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Nov '14 20:45

Part of it is falsifiable and part of it is not falsifiable. So it depends on the specific part of what is being claimed to be evolution. 😏
  6. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 08:151 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Part of it is falsifiable and part of it is not falsifiable. So it depends on the specific part of what is being claimed to be evolution. 😏
    What part of evolutionary theory is not falsifiable?
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 22:29
    What part of evolutionary theory is not falsifiable?
    There are many things.

For example: Can one falsify something that is only imagined to have happened millions of years ago? Probably not, because one can just say absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 23:291 edit
    There are many things.

For example: Can one falsify something that is only imagined to have happened millions of years ago? Probably not, because one can just say absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
    And that would be because you don't want to learn the logical sequences involved that lead real scientists to their conclusions. You are already permanently pointed in a biased direction which precludes you from having logical conclusions based on real evidence.

That makes you a liar and a cheat, using whatever means you and your creationist pseudo-scientific BS partners using ideas you cannot even understand much less refute, you are just a parrot to those political based pseudo-authorities who don't dare try to publish their BULLSHTYE in a real journal because EVERYTHING they have put up in their PSEUDO-SCIENCE politically based pre-biased video's have ZERO basis in fact, all their so-called facts refuted many times over but you and your buddies keep putting out their BS video's in the hopes of turning over votes to Iranize the US, they don't WANT separation of church and state.

They want the church to BE the state and so do you, even if you can't admit it. I thank the mavens of logic that you and your buddies are doomed to failure.

The only thing you and your buddies do is to make the US the laughing stock of the world, just like your ridiculous religious broadcasts on the shortwaves that now represents the US to the world, which again makes us laughing stocks, a joke on the rest of the world and no wonder we are falling behind the rest of the world when you and your buddies stultify half the minds of the USA. Great work you bunch of 10th century cretins.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Nov '14 23:54
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And that would be because you don't want to learn the logical sequences involved that lead real scientists to their conclusions. You are already permanently pointed in a biased direction which precludes you from having logical conclusions based on real evidence.

That makes you a liar and a cheat, using whatever means you and your creationist pseudo-sci ...[text shortened]... d your buddies stultify half the minds of the USA. Great work you bunch of 10th century cretins.
    We must all watch out for false teachers, but that does not include me.
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Nov '14 00:26
    We must all watch out for false teachers, but that does not include me.
    That is for SURE correct. YOU cannot tell real from fake any more. You maybe once had a mind but you lost the ability for you to use it. You gave that up when you let other people do your thinking for you.

I presented you with ideas that came from ME. You had no answer for them. So why don't you present us all here with ideas from YOU, not BS political based video's presenting pseudo-science refuted twenty times over. Let's here YOUR OWN mind giving us arguments for a change.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Nov '14 02:02
    That is for SURE correct. YOU cannot tell real from fake any more. You maybe once had a mind but you lost the ability for you to use it. You gave that up when you let other people do your thinking for you.

I presented you with ideas that came from ME. You had no answer for them. So why don't you present us all here with ideas from YOU, not BS political ...[text shortened]... do-science refuted twenty times over. Let's here YOUR OWN mind giving us arguments for a change.
    I am 70 years old and would use old age as an excuse for not using my own mind if I didn't know you were older and more senile than me.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Nov '14 04:16
    I am 70 years old and would use old age as an excuse for not using my own mind if I didn't know you were older and more senile than me.
    You may be forgetting I am a highly valued full time employee in a scientific venture where I have spent the last three years bringing equipment up to spec and making money for the company and doing that in such a way as to amaze my employers, they think I am an electronics god. Of course you would not say that, don't worry, I don't think I am any kind of god but the point is I am 73 years old and if I were senile I wouldn't be making 80K a year, now would I? The Phd I work for said I was way and above the level of competence he expected at first.

I am neither building myself up or lying about what I have achieved and achieve on a daily basis so you can forget your little fantasy I am somehow mentally disabled.

I never said you were stupid. I SAID you were self lobotomized which means you no longer even give lip service to looking at actual evidence or following any kind of trail of evidence, since you are convinced those sciences connected with evolution are fake and run by atheists bent on getting complete control of the country.

THAT is why I said you can't or won't think for yourself and I have already presented you with ideas NOBODY else thought of but you cannot do the same because you are totally brainwashed by your religion and you will never get out of the deep programming.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    25 Nov '14 06:55
    You may be forgetting I am a highly valued full time employee in a scientific venture where I have spent the last three years bringing equipment up to spec and making money for the company and doing that in such a way as to amaze my employers, they think I am an electronics god. Of course you would not say that, don't worry, I don't think I am any kind of g ...[text shortened]... you are totally brainwashed by your religion and you will never get out of the deep programming.
    That is great for you and your employer that you are competent in something. However, you are not competent in religion or in the theory of evolution, which we are debating now. So even though we are both old, we should not be tossing out ad hominem attacks at each other instead of presenting our arguments. That is not going to resolve anything, but it will only make us more hostile toward each other.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 Nov '14 10:561 edit
    That is great for you and your employer that you are competent in something. However, you are not competent in religion or in the theory of evolution, which we are debating now. So even though we are both old, we should not be tossing out ad hominem attacks at each other instead of presenting our arguments. That is not going to resolve anything, but it will only make us more hostile toward each other.
    As I said before, where are YOUR new ideas? I presented you with several of my original ideas that refutes creationism. All you do is throw out political based video's that have been refuted scientifically time after time and you KNOW why those pseudoscientists don't publish and it has nothing to do with a vast atheistic conspiracy.

You are an avowed biblical literalist and as such your every thought is biased against even LOOKING at refuting evidence.

You cannot think rationally while you are in the thrall of this bias. Pure and simple.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Nov '14 05:58
    As I said before, where are YOUR new ideas? I presented you with several of my original ideas that refutes creationism. All you do is throw out political based video's that have been refuted scientifically time after time and you KNOW why those pseudoscientists don't publish and it has nothing to do with a vast atheistic conspiracy.

You are an avowed bib ...[text shortened]... dence.

You cannot think rationally while you are in the thrall of this bias. Pure and simple.
    It appears we missed seeing your original ideas that refutes creationism. What were they again?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree