1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 00:04
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    For you, I agree. For the real world, it is truth.
    That indicates your so-called real world has been deceived. 😏
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 00:50
    Ah, you mean, confuse us by all those thousands of other creation myths.

Why didn't your lord talk to everyone on Earth at the same time, or even the village shamen around the world if you insist on religion being hierarchical who would have then told the rest of the village the news.

Instead you get your alleged god telling the story to a half civil ...[text shortened]... nd so forth.

And modern ones like so-called scientology. Even YOU would admit THAT is a scam.
    There is nothing wrong in His sovereignty chose to do it that way.
    At least your still alive with the chance to repent.
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    13 Apr '15 03:122 edits
    I just heard a talk on the Gilgamesh mythology which says that the universe was formed from the cut up pieces of one goddess after she was attacked by a male god.

I just heard that the Egyptian cosmogeny has a god form the universe from spit and semen.

For someone to claim "In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" (Gen. 1:1) was plagiarized from either of these mythologies is ridiculous.

Genesis 1:1 has time, space, and matter coming into existence from a transcendent Creator.

Both Babylonian and Egyptian myths have the world made from the cut up physical body parts of a deity or from spit and semen.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 06:23
    Atheists Are Wrong,They exchanged the truth about God for a lie,Romans 1:25

YouTube
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 13:55
    Originally posted by sonship
    I just heard a talk on the Gilgamesh mythology which says that the universe was formed from the cut up pieces of one goddess after she was attacked by a male god.

I just heard that the Egyptian cosmogeny has a god form the universe from spit and semen.

For someone to claim [b]"In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth" (Gen. 1:1)
    ...[text shortened]... myths have the world made from the cut up physical body parts of a deity or from spit and semen.[/b]
    You do realize there are several Egyptian creation myths? I was showing the similarities between the Egyptian 6 day myth and the Jewish one.
  6. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 Apr '15 14:333 edits
    You do realize there are several Egyptian creation myths? I was showing the similarities between the Egyptian 6 day myth and the Jewish one.

I am going to be, as usual, honest with you.

When I go about looking into these kinds of comparisons, it seems that the people on the Internet who are most interested in studying this, are already with an agenda to "mythicize" Jesus.

To objectively get down into in depth comparisons of Egyptian or Babylonian cosmogenies to what is in the Bible, requires some extensive time and effort that I have not put in.

There are a lot of dudes in cyberspace who put their spin on the little they know about Egyptian and Babylonian beliefs to push the agenda of persuading themselves and others that the Hebrew Bible (and the NT for that matter) is just re-packaged copycat stuff.

I barely have time to get into the unsearchable treasures of the Bible. I have not the time to go off to get a Phd. in Egyptian / Babylonian beliefs on a starkly objective and realistic plane.

The things I DO learn about this stuff tends not to stick in my memory long without me having to re-visit.

Some people like Patrick Holding, Gary Habermas, or even atheist Richard Carrier have all this stuff at their fingertips.

IE. Who cut up who...
    Whose phallus was found...
    What some bull did ...
    Who did what in the underworld ..., etc. etc. etc.

I don't feel the need to be expert in this stuff.
    And I think most of the people who go hunting for the popularizing of copycat theories are just doing that - looking for reasons to read Osiris and Ra into the Bible.

Having said that, it is interesting to me that some places in the Bible make mention of "pagan" concepts. IE. Rehab the fleeing serpent is mentioned, or the Pliedes, or a zodiac constellation, I think, is mentioned in the Bible's oldest book, the book of Job.

These instances in my Bible, I find interesting. God can communicate to man and at times ever refer to some pagan concepts. Just as the Scripture contains poetry and songs or wisdom of non-Jewish sages at times.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree