1. R.I.P.
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 17:45
    How do emotions like love & hate, fit in with the Theory Of Evolution, or does there existance indicate Intelligent Design.
    Your thoughts please
  2. Standard memberKnightWulfe
    Chess Samurai
    Yes
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 18:29
    If you want to boil it down to a purely scientific view - love and hate (and any other perceived emotion) can be attributed to a chemical reaction in the human body.
  3. Joined
    13 Oct '05
    Moves
    01 Dec '05 18:59
    Originally posted by Jay Peatea
    How do emotions like love & hate, fit in with the Theory Of Evolution, or does there existance indicate Intelligent Design.
    Your thoughts please
    People who are easier to love ( good looking, nice personality etc) are slightly more likely to have loving relationships, and these relationships are more likely to lead to reproduction.The resulting offspring should, in theory, be slightly "easier to love" than those who come from easier to hate (ugly, unpleasant etc ) parents. Therefore, the easier to love offspring are slightly more likely to contribute to the gene pool, and the others aren't .And so the cycle continues. This means that the species is getting more loveable! Which is nice, but possibly disproves evolutionary theory.
    Intelligent Design is another issue.
    You asked for my thoughts, and that's them.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree