1. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 13:491 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    however badly they may get mistreated.
    That sounds very nice, but it's complete nonsense and it reeks of arguing in favor of slavery.

Yes, they are our slaves, but hey, at least they have a roof over their heads.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foxconn_suicides

EDIT, actually, it doesn't sound nice at all. It sounds awful.
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 13:58
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    What are you talking about?
    I think that was the poster boy for 'strawman argument'
  3. Cape Town
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 15:13
    Originally posted by Great King Rat
    That sounds very nice, but it's complete nonsense and it reeks of arguing in favor of slavery.
    That's why I said, you don't have a clue.

Yes, they are our slaves, but hey, at least they have a roof over their heads.
    Correct. If you want to stop slavery, taking away jobs and giving them to rich people isn't the solution.

Then do something positive about it. Taking someone's job and giving it to a richer person is not doing them a favour. That is what is awful.
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 18:32
    If you would open your eyes and ears for a change you would notice that a lot of people who “complain” about unfair wealth distribution in the world, don’t complain because they feel [b]THEY should get a bigger slice of the pie, but rather the whole of society - and especially the less fortunate - deserves more.

In fact, of all the people that ...[text shortened]... rage life with a very average income, but I do think distribution of wealth should be a concern.[/b]
    Let it be noted, that I, as a theist, endorse this message.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 21:06
    Yes, you do.

This is also why you make a big deal when it comes to abortions. You don't give a damn about a child once it's born. The reason why you're against abortions is because you feel your religion tells you to be against it and you want to follow your religion, because you believe it will get you into make-believe paradise.

Again, pure selfishness.
    The selfish ones are those that kill or condone the murder by abortion of the unborn innocent baby, IMO. 😏
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    16 Mar '15 22:01
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    That's why I said, you don't have a clue.

[b]Yes, they are our slaves, but hey, at least they have a roof over their heads.

Correct. If you want to stop slavery, taking away jobs and giving them to rich people isn't the solution.

Then do something positive about it. Taking someone's job and giving it to a richer person is not doing them a favour. That is what is awful.[/b]

You're talking crap. I'm not the one promoting taking away jobs, you are. You want to make person A unemployed by giving his job to person B for a strongly reduced paycheck. You're simply moving the problem from one place to another. And the only one who benefits from this is the company director and shareholders.

Then do something positive about it. Taking someone's job and giving it to a richer person is not doing them a favour.

Creating unemployment and poverty here to marginally improve a situation there is a godawful solution and pretty much as far removed from "something positive" as possible. How about boycotting companies that are responsible for bad working conditions? How about helping to build schools and setting up local businesses?
  7. Joined
    10 Apr '12
    Moves
    26 Mar '15 20:47
    [b]Correct. If you want to stop slavery, taking away jobs and giving them to rich people isn't the solution.

You're talking crap. I'm not the one promoting taking away jobs, you are. You want to make person A unemployed by giving his job to person B for a strongly reduced paycheck. You're simply moving the problem from one place to another. And ...[text shortened]... for bad working conditions? How about helping to build schools and setting up local businesses?[/b]
    How about we not sweat the small stuff?
    (Psalm 37:1, 2) Do not be upset because of evil men Or envious of wrongdoers.  2 They will quickly wither like grass And shrivel like green new grass.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    27 Mar '15 01:06
    Originally posted by DeepThought to whodey
    So I think you've missed the point of what Ecclesiastes had to say, probably because you are trying to hide a political point in a religious one.
    Bingo.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree