Equal time?

Equal time?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

a
Andrew Mannion

Melbourne, Australia

Moves
07 May 06

Can anyone give me a valid basis for the teaching of creationism/ID in a science classroom?

(I should declare at this point: I'm a science teacher.)

L

Moves
07 May 06

Originally posted by amannion
Can anyone give me a valid basis for the teaching of creationism/ID in a [b]science classroom?

(I should declare at this point: I'm a science teacher.)[/b]
No.

L

Moves
07 May 06

"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."

--Bobby Henderson, from his open letter to the Kansas State School Board

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
07 May 06
1 edit

Originally posted by LemonJello
"I think we can all look forward to the time when these three theories are given equal time in our science classrooms across the country, and eventually the world; One third time for Intelligent Design, one third time for Flying Spaghetti Monsterism, and one third time for logical conjecture based on overwhelming observable evidence."

--Bobby Henderson, from his open letter to the Kansas State School Board
I think its interesting how most Intelligent Design proponents argue that macroevolution has never been observed and thus insist that evolution is not a valid theory. Has it ever occured to creationists and Intelligent design theorists that none of their theories have been observed either?

EDIT: I should add that marcoevolution does not need to be observed anyway. But I guess creationism does.

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
07 May 06

Can anyone give me a valid basis for the teaching of creationism/ID in a [b]science classroom?

I'd teach it along with Snow white, The toothfairies and the underpant gnomes.

k
knightmeister

Uk

Moves
07 May 06

No I can't. The sooner creationism is debunked the better it will be for science and for Christianity. Going head to head with Darwin was one of the biggest mistakes the church ever made. It just ended up distracting evryone from the real isues.

d

An' it harms none...

Moves
07 May 06

Originally posted by shavixmir
I'd teach it along with Snow white, The toothfairies and the underpant gnomes.
Underpant gnomes DO exist.

They wear little hats made of latex in various colours.

They're not very much to look at but they sure can be a lot of fun 🙂