1. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    31 May '13 01:17
    http://voices.yahoo.com/new-world-translation-errors-jehovah-witness-5366895.html

Have a read of some of these, then consult you own Bible.
    My own Bible is a Thomas Nelson King James Version.

Above you will see differences between the JW New World Translation
    and every other translation.

You would have to ask yourself why the JW's made these errors and
    indeed have added text which is not supposed to be there.

Even more worrying there is scripture omitted which should be left in.

Don't take my word for it, look for yourselves.
    Check the link and see the new world version and its errors
    and then see to your own Bible for differences.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 May '13 03:18
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody
    http://voices.yahoo.com/new-world-translation-errors-jehovah-witness-5366895.html

You would have to ask yourself why the JW's made th ...[text shortened]... and see the new world version and its errors
    I only looked at a few of these errors, but the reason they mistranslate some verses is to deny the deity of Christ in equality with God. The reason they omit other portions is to deny a never ending punishment for the wicked.

The Instructor
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    31 May '13 07:021 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    I only looked at a few of these errors, but the reason they mistranslate some verses is to deny the deity of Christ in equality with God. The reason they omit other portions is to deny a never ending punishment for the wicked.

The Instructor
    Or, on the other hand, the entire edifice could be complete BULLSHYTE and there will be no such judgement and there is no bible god, your insane deity which has duped billions of people over thousands of years. It is high time all that BS stops and we start using the minds we were given by way of evolution, not being told to abandon our own minds and just keep on being duped by your utterly false religion.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    31 May '13 08:12
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Or, on the other hand, the entire edifice could be complete BULLSHYTE and there will be no such judgement and there is no bible god, your insane deity which has duped billions of people over thousands of years. It is high time all that BS stops and we start using the minds we were given by way of evolution, not being told to abandon our own minds and just keep on being duped by your utterly false religion.
    God gave us minds. EVILution has given us nothing.

The Instructor
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    31 May '13 10:18
    Originally posted by johnnylongwoody

You would have to ask yourself why the JW's made th ...[text shortened]... and see the new world version and its errors
    Good post. Many of these changes by the JW's have been debated in recent years but this is a nice summary.

The JW's here at RHP have admitted under duress that that they have 2 saviors (Jehovah and Jesus) which says it all really. It is amazing that I got that response at all, as you can see how reluctant they are to address critical questions on their doctrines such as the one in the "dilemma" thread.

This has been the pattern in almost every thread about JW beliefs related to them being as they claim "the sole holders of Gods truth on earth". It is my contention with them that they are members of a cult. This is because my question to them in the dilemma thread relates to the eternal impact of life after death of not being a member of their earth bound organisation. They refuse to answer because the answer would reinforce my premise that the JW organisation is indeed a cult. I.e. fail to join = no eternal life...leave the organisation = no eternal life.
  6. Dublin Ireland
    Moves
    31 May '13 10:43
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Good post. Many of these changes by the JW's have been debated in recent years but this is a nice summary.

The JW's here at RHP have admitted under duress that that they have 2 saviors (Jehovah and Jesus) which says it all really. It is amazing that I got that response at all, as you can see how reluctant they are to address critical questions on th ...[text shortened]... d a cult. I.e. fail to join = no eternal life...leave the organisation = no eternal life.
    The cult which is called "Jehovah's Witnesses"
    have been led astray by their HQ.

Their leaders are false prophets and deceivers.
    Check the link in the OP and you can clearly see
    the differences between regular translations of the
    Hebrew and Greek texts and the JW false translation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree