1. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    08 Sep '05 13:151 edit
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    You should become a politician, your dodging my question:

First you should define who you are, what makes you the "individual" that you think you are? What makes you different from everyone else?

And second whats your definition of life?
    What makes me me?

A lot could be said. However, if you stick a pin in me, I feel the pinprick, and no one else. This is as good locator of the "individual".
  2. Joined
    26 Aug '05
    Moves
    08 Sep '05 13:50
    Originally posted by Pawnokeyhole
    Isn't not caring about your actual death a very self-abasing point of view?
    Eternity is a such a word related with time.That creates boundaries between of time and space.The real Self has no boundaries; no time and no space. It is infinite.There is no beggining and no ending for The Self>>
  3. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 Sep '05 22:13
    Originally posted by Nietzsche1844
    Eternity is a such a word related with time.That creates boundaries between of time and space.The real Self has no boundaries; no time and no space. It is infinite.There is no beggining and no ending for The Self>>
    beautiful post! I get such an emense feeling of inner peace everytime I realise this.
  4. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 13:352 edits
    What makes me me?

A lot could be said. However, if you stick a pin in me, I feel the pinprick, and no one else. This is as good locator of the "individual".
    The pain the body feels is not an indicator of your ego. Its an indicator of the pin in the body.
  5. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 14:001 edit
    Originally posted by Nietzsche1844
    So the real self is equivalent to everything? It must be if it has no boundaries: it suffuses everything.

So, why not just say "everything"?

The reason, presumably, is that there is supposed to be some sort of subtle but marvellous relation between the real self (i.e., everything) and the phenomenal self. What is it? Could you clarify it, and relieve us of the obscurity?

When I stick a pin you, you squeal and not be; and when I stick a pin in me, I squeal and not you? One self feels the pain that the other doesn't. So, does the real self feel both pains or neither? In either case, how is this possible, if only one of the phenomenal selves feels the pain and the other one doesn't?
  6. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 14:04
    Originally posted by LordOfTheChessboard
    beautiful post! I get such an emense feeling of inner peace everytime I realise this.
    I have come to bring, not peace, but a sword.
  7. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 14:11
    I have come to bring, not peas, but a salad.
    Read Lucifershammer's vedanta thread...it covers the basics of the views displayed by LOTC and others.

What you got against peace?
  8. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Moves
    09 Sep '05 18:481 edit
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    Read Lucifershammer's vedanta thread...it covers the basics of the views displayed by LOTC and others.

What you got against peace?
    Isn't that what Chamberlain said when the Nazis started running riot around Europe?

Nice pun, by the way.
  9. Joined
    13 Oct '04
    Moves
    13 Sep '05 16:14
    Leonardo da Vinci agreed with me, here are some quotes:

"As a well-spent day brings happy sleep, so a life well spent brings happy death."

"Our life is made by the death of others. "

"While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die. "

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree