1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86285
    27 Jan '15 11:32
    "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things."

    Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

    Would any of our JW colleagues care to expand upon this statement from the WatchTower?
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86285
    27 Jan '15 22:42
    Originally posted by divegeester
    [b]"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things."

    Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

    Would any of our JW colleagues care to expand upon this statement from the WatchTower?[/b]
    Bump for any JW ...
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    28 Jan '15 03:24
    Bump for divegeesters manhunt for JW's.

    Dead or alive it does not really matter! 😠
  4. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    28 Jan '15 03:30
    Originally posted by whodey
    Bump for divegeesters manhunt for JW's.

    Dead or alive it does not really matter! 😠
    What do you think "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things" might mean in the context of Christian theology?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    28 Jan '15 03:45
    Originally posted by FMF
    What do you think "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things" might mean in the context of Christian theology?
    Put divegeesters cross hairs on Whodey will ya?

    Never!! 😠
  6. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    28 Jan '15 03:58
    Originally posted by whodey
    Put divegeesters cross hairs on Whodey will ya?

    Never!! 😠
    A genuine answer would be more interesting. It's a curious quotation. What might it mean to a Christian in terms of their theology?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    28 Jan '15 04:022 edits
    Originally posted by FMF
    A genuine answer would be more interesting. It's a curious quotation. What might it mean to a Christian in terms of their theology?
    But it was a genuine answer.

    Nothing is worse than the wrath of divegeester.

    Now please, don't mention the H - E- double toothpicks word, what ever you do.
  8. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    28 Jan '15 04:03
    Originally posted by whodey
    But it was a genuine answer.

    Nothing is worse than the wrath of divegeester.

    Now please, don't mention H - E- double toothpicks word, what ever you do.
    Your attempted banter is not as interesting as a proper answer would be.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    28 Jan '15 04:151 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Your attempted banter is not as interesting as a proper answer would be.
    Sorry, just not in the mood to have the bright lights glaring down on me as I'm interrogated tonight.

    Maybe tomorrow.

    If I do, I probably should consider consulting a lawyer to help me.
  10. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    28 Jan '15 04:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    Sorry, just not in the mood to have the bright lights glaring down on me as I'm interrogated tonight.

    Maybe tomorrow.

    If I do, I probably should consider consulting a lawyer to help me.
    Maybe the quote reworked can get your juices flowing:

    "If you are a young person or Obama, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things."
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86285
    28 Jan '15 05:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    Bump for divegeesters manhunt for JW's.

    Dead or alive it does not really matter! 😠
    Why does it upset you that I take issue with the doctrine, dogma and practices of the Jehovah witness organisation?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Joined
    14 Jul '07
    Moves
    43012
    28 Jan '15 06:13
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why does it upset you that I take issue with the doctrine, dogma and practices of the Jehovah witness organisation?
    Why not respect their right to believe as they choose, affording them the same privacy you reserve for yourself?
  13. SubscriberFMF
    Main Poster
    This Thread
    Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    29835
    28 Jan '15 06:24
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Why not respect their right to believe as they choose, affording them the same privacy you reserve for yourself?
    Grampy Bobby, this is a debate and discussion forum. Trying to discourage people from asking each other what they think and believe is decidedly odd. Unless of course it's just a "miscue" on your part. So, what do you think "If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things" might mean in the context of Christian theology?
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86285
    28 Jan '15 06:252 edits
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    Why not respect their right to believe as they choose, affording them the same privacy you reserve for yourself?
    Good question, although you know the answer already.

    Because what one believes drives ones actions; we've been down the "blood" road several times recently, right.

    Take the OP then; how do you think the young people within the JW organisation will be influenced in their decision making by statements and beliefs such as that?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    86285
    28 Jan '15 06:281 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    Grampy Bobby, this is a debate and discussion forum. Trying to discourage people from asking each other what they think and believe is decidedly odd
    One has to remember that Grampy bobby is evidently not here to "discuss nor debate" as he refuses to enter into any meaningful exchanges even within his own threads. It seems that he now wants everyone to come down his own low expectations.
Back to Top