1. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 06:37
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Why does it upset you that I take issue with the doctrine, dogma and practices of the Jehovah witness organisation?
    I think whodey doesn't take issue with it when he's the one taking issue with it. I also think whodey's in Rupert Pupkin mode more often than not these days. 😉
  2. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 06:45
    Good question, although you know the answer already.

Because what one believes drives ones actions; we've been done the "blood" road several times recently, right.

Take the OP then; how do you think the young people within the JW organisation will be influenced in their decision making by statements and beliefs such as that?
    "Bump for any JW ..." first post eleven hours after the OP. On the surface it appears that you're itching for a fight.
    How about providing the text which supports and encapsulates the conclusion in the quote?
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 06:48
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    "Bump for any JW ..." first post eleven hours after the OP.
    Grampy Bobby chastising me for bumping my own thread....the irony is so thick you could cut it.
  4. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 06:49
    One has to remember that Grampy bobby is evidently not here to "discuss nor debate" as he refuses to enter into any meaningful exchanges even within his own threads. It seems that he now wants everyone to come down his own low expectations.
    Thread 162581 (Page 7)1 Corinthians 4:5 "Therefore do not go on [a]passing judgment before [b]the time, but wait until the Lord comes who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of men’s hearts; and then each man’s praise will come to him from God." "Footnotes: a. 1 Corinthians 4:5 Lit judging anything; b. 1 Corinthians 4:5 i.e. the appointed time of judgment." This "judgment seat" is also mentioned in Matthew 27:19; John 19:13 and Acts 18:12.
  5. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 06:50
    "Bump for any JW ..." first post eleven hours after the OP. On the surface it appears that you're itching for a fight.
    How about providing the text which supports and encapsulates the conclusion in the quote?
    Why not respect divegeester's right to believe as he chooses, affording him the same privacy you reserve for yourself...? Oh. Wait...
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 06:50
    The quote is referenced, feel free to look it up. That is the point of a reference. Unlike you I try to keep my posts free from volumes of meaningless copy/paste padding.
  7. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 06:52
    Thread 162581 (Page 7)1 Corinthians 4:5 "Therefore do not go on [a]passing judgment before [b]the time, but wait until the Lord comes who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of men’s hearts; and then each man’s praise will come to him from God." "Footnotes: a. 1 Corinthians 4:5 Lit jud ...[text shortened]... f judgment." This "judgment seat" is also mentioned in Matthew 27:19; John 19:13 and Acts 18:12.
    But you are judging people all the time, Grampy Bobby. You start whole threads to do so, frequently. One could say judging people is one of the traits that defines your chosen persona in this community.
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 06:531 edit
    Thread 162581 (Page 7)1 Corinthians 4:5 "Therefore do not go on [a]passing judgment before [b]the time, but wait until the Lord comes who will both bring to light the things hidden in the darkness and disclose the motives of men’s hearts; and then each man’s praise will come to him from God." "Footnotes: a. 1 Corinthians 4:5 Lit jud ...[text shortened]... f judgment." This "judgment seat" is also mentioned in Matthew 27:19; John 19:13 and Acts 18:12.
    Grampy bobby, this is a spirituality debate and discussion forum; would you have everybody sit in front of their screens waiting for the second coming rather than engaging now?
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 07:03
    The quote is referenced, feel free to look it up. That is the point of a reference. Unlike you I try to keep my posts free from volumes of meaningless copy/paste padding.
    Originally posted by divegeesterThread 162601 (page 3)
    To claim such, you really should post the link.
  10. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 07:082 edits
    [b]To claim such, you really should post the link.
    [/b]
    The post you are referring to was me calling out Catstorm for not in anyway referencing his claim that all his "Q&A" comments in the thread were taken directly from "creationist literature". A link or a reference would suffice.

Are you unable to find the literature containing quote I've referenced in my OP in this thread? Have you tried?
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Jan '15 07:08
    [b]To claim such, you really should post the link.
    [/b]
    This is in the OP: "Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15"
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    29 Jan '15 12:10
    [b]"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things."

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

Would any of our JW colleagues care to expand upon this statement from the WatchTower?[/b]
    Bump for robbie carrobie...
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 21:04
    Bump for robbie carrobie...
    No comment.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 21:17
    [b]"If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old in this present system of things."

Awake! 1969 May 22 p.15

Would any of our JW colleagues care to expand upon this statement from the WatchTower?[/b]
    If I'm not mistaken, at the time this was written, the JW organization was promoting the idea that the second coming was coming in 1975.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    25 Feb '15 21:201 edit
    Why does it upset you that I take issue with the doctrine, dogma and practices of the Jehovah witness organisation?
    Well, it's certainly better than your vendetta (or maybe I should say FMF's vendetta ) against GB.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree