1. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 20:191 edit
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    No, not in good faith.

Since you haven't presented any evidence that Jesus was lying, I'll assume that you have none. All you have is conjecture on your part. Simply insisting that "it's possible that [Jesus] lied" does not constitute evidence.

Hard to think of a situation where one couldn't claim that "it's possible" that a second party was lying. ible" that the person was lying.

Remakable. RC, KM, et al., have nothing on you.
    You have the religious person's typical ability to simply accept contradictory claims. The evidence is right in front of you, but of course you're going to deny it because you're a big Jesus fanboy. You're as dogmatic as the evangelical Christians you rail against.

"Success in debate does not depend on persuading your opponent." -bbarr
    😀
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 20:27
    Originally posted by CalJust
    Permit me to say something at the tail-end of this discussion....

Some time ago, I read a book on Personnel Management, written by a US professor whose name now escapes me. He made some very interesting, if disturbing, claims.

Apparently, as a part of a research project, they did a survey (two surveys, actually) in what he called "a typically mid-weste ...[text shortened]... birth
    2 His death as a common criminal
    3 His embarrassing church

😳
    Christians have accepted Christ. They are therefore saved and they are saved eternally and God cannot take away their salvation. Why should they not enjoy all the worldly and fleshly pleasures they possibly can and live life to the fullest while they are here on earth?
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 20:32
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    😀
    How RC and RJHinds-like.
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 20:33
    How RC and RJHinds-like.
    whats up think of one, did the scriptures soundly refute your dogma, AGAIN! ohhh
    there there, it will be alright in the morning! Its all just a bad dream.
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 20:35
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    whats up think of one, did the scriptures soundly refute your dogma, AGAIN! ohhh
    there there, it will be alright in the morning! Its all just a bad dream.
    If you'd bothered to read the thread, you'd realize that SG is in full agreement that Jesus contradicted the OT.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 20:392 edits
    If you'd bothered to read the thread, you'd realize that SG is in full agreement that Jesus contradicted the OT.
    I dont care i just like to see you getting pawned! . . . .oh what a glorious day!
  7. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 20:41
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    I dont care i just like to see you getting pawned! muhaha!
    LMAO
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 20:441 edit
    Originally posted by SwissGambit
    You have the religious person's typical ability to simply accept contradictory claims. The evidence is right in front of you, but of course you're going to deny it because you're a big Jesus fanboy. You're as dogmatic as the evangelical Christians you rail against.

😀
    Evidently you've edited in an additional comment.

I see you've propped up yet another claim using an unsubstantiated claim and have thrown in some assumptions to boot.

If nothing else, you're consistent.
  9. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    Moves
    03 Apr '12 23:21
    How RC and RJHinds-like.
    I like Robbie. I don't always agree with him, but he's got something that's sorely lacking here - a sense of humor.
    I don't usually agree with RJHinds, and I know he's kind of a pariah here, but I have no personal problem with him. He makes some pretty bold claims, but at least he listens to my responses.
  10. Standard memberknightmeister
    knightmeister
    Uk
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 11:48
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Christians have accepted Christ. They are therefore saved and they are saved eternally and God cannot take away their salvation. Why should they not enjoy all the worldly and fleshly pleasures they possibly can and live life to the fullest while they are here on earth?
    Why should they not enjoy all the worldly and fleshly pleasures they possibly can and live life to the fullest while they are here on earth?

--------------------rajk99------------------------

Because in receiving salvation they become grateful and loving. The fact that some people use God's grace as an excuse to live in sin does not mean God's grace is not sufficient or wrong. Jesus clearly taught that we should love God with all our hearts. And in loving God we want to please Him and live as He wants us to because He has saved us. But even more than this.... once we are saved the Holy Spirit teaches us how to live.

We begin to realize that these so called "pleasures" are not so fulfilling as we once thought and that given the choice of being filled with the Spirit or filled with wine we will choose the Spirit.

The doctrine of grace is as sound as it ever was - just because men abuse it does not make it wrong. Do you understand the concept of throwing out the baby with the bath water? Your protests are emotional and not spiritual. You have a personal aversion to the idea of grace because it offends your sense of justice , entitlement and judgement. You have a good understanding of God's holiness and concern for good works , but you fail to appreciate His love and grace.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 12:37
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    ..Because in receiving salvation ...
    You are a total dunce KM. Its time you shut up and go have your head examined.

You do not know who has received salvation.
    Why dont you admit that.
    Only God knows.

So the rest of your post which is based on that false statement is also nonsense.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Apr '12 15:37
    Originally posted by knightmeister
    Why should they not enjoy all the worldly and fleshly pleasures they possibly can and live life to the fullest while they are here on earth?

--------------------rajk99------------------------

Because in receiving salvation they become grateful and loving. The fact that some people use God's grace as an excuse to live in sin does not mean God's gr ...[text shortened]... God's holiness and concern for good works , but you fail to appreciate His love and grace.
    Amen. HalleluYah !!! 😏

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree