1. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 06:50
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I would say that I have never, but if I have truly it would be the work of the Holy Spirit that brings someone to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ not me.
    So all your posts which appear to be nothing but a poor attempt at evangelism often containing threats of hell are a waste of time as if the 'Holy Spirit' wants to convert someone he will.
  2. Jo'Burg South Africa
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 07:11
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    How many of you atheists on the site have destroyed someone's faith on this site?

How many of you Christians have brought an atheist to salvation on this site?

How many of you followers of a particular religion have been able to bring one over to your side on this site?
    Not one Christian have brought any person to salvation, but atheists have destroyed some people's faith because of their negative, childish and attacking remarks towards the Christians and their faith.

I have tried several times to talk and give my point of view, but the atheists would just through their remarks (named above) and go on like crazy pigs. The best thing about it, is that they will ask a Christian what the Bible means to him, and then he (the atheist) will tell the Christian he doesnt know anything about the Bible, and then "try" to lecture the Christian about the Bible?

You will never bring anyone to salvation on the internet, and definitely not on RHP as some people tend to have more of an attitude problem especially the atheist. You can not talk to a person like that!

The other thing is, that atheists' also call God names and make sick jokes. I do not want to read it cause it makes me sick. To Christians, God is a person, a wonderfull being, A GOD! We believe in Him, so why cant they (an atheist) just show a little respect? (is that because atheists' dont have respect?)

The war will always go on, cause, it has always been since the creation of the world, and it is'nt just the one parties fault, it is everyones'!
  3. Joined
    07 Oct '05
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 07:39
    Originally posted by Nicksten
    Not one Christian have brought any person to salvation, but atheists have destroyed some people's faith because of their negative, childish and attacking remarks towards the Christians and their faith.

I have tried several times to talk and give my point of view, but the atheists would just through their remarks (named above) and go on like crazy pigs. T ...[text shortened]... nce the creation of the world, and it is'nt just the one parties fault, it is everyones'!
    You and I have salvation through Christ. They have nothing but a dark dingy pit to look forward to. It is far easier to break down than it is to build. They belong to their father Satan and don't even know it. A massive surprise is waiting for them. They mock now.........a time is coming when they will look straight into the face of the King and mock no more. You should rather pity them.
  4. Meddling with things
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 08:29
    Has anyone shifted their position on creationism / evolution?
  5. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 08:36
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    I thought whodey implied that he had.
  6. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 09:35
    Originally posted by aardvarkhome
    Those are not mutually exclusive positions.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 09:50
    Originally posted by Halitose
    Those are not mutually exclusive positions.
    They are when talking about the general usage of the word "Creationism" and the Theory of Evolution.
  8. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 10:01
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    They are when talking about the general usage of the word "Creationism" and the Theory of Evolution.
    The unqualified term, "creationism" only means a position where the universe and living organisms originated from specific acts of divine creation.

You might have connotatively associated this with "young-earth-creationism", but this is by no means a valid inference.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 10:37
    Originally posted by Nicksten

I have tried several times to talk and give my point of view, but the atheists would just through their remarks (named above) and go on like crazy pigs. T ...[text shortened]... nce the creation of the world, and it is'nt just the one parties fault, it is everyones'!
    Have you received anything of value from the atheists on the site?
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 11:00
    Originally posted by Halitose
    The unqualified term, "creationism" only means a position where the universe and living organisms originated from specific acts of divine creation.

You might have connotatively associated this with "young-earth-creationism", but this is by no means a valid inference.
    According to Webster:
    creationism
    a doctrine or theory holding that matter, the various forms of life, and the world were created by God out of nothing and usually in the way described in Genesis

I know the term includes both stances but it can also be used (and often is) as a short form of "young-earth-creationism".
    The usage in the original post clearly implied that he was talking about "young-earth-creationism" as the question "Have you changed your views on creationism in general" is equivalent on saying are you no longer (or have you become) a theist". Or it could possibly mean "Have you changed your views on how exactly God created the world" ie changed from being a young earth creationist to a general creationist.
  11. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 12:11
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    According to Webster:
    creationism
    a doctrine or theory holding that matter, the various forms of life, and the world were created by God out of nothing and [b]usually
    in the way described in Genesis

I know the term includes both stances but it can also be used (and often is) as a short form of "young-earth-creationism".
    The usage in the original ...[text shortened]... ed the world" ie changed from being a young earth creationist to a general creationist.[/b]
    Great. I think we are in agreement.
  12. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 16:50
    After 2 monthes here, I found out it is not theist aganist, atheist, it is christians aganist atheist. I think atheist here see GOD only through Christianity and I think few of them know about other views or religons. And most of them don't know actually what they are talking about except that they like the Idea that there is no GOD, and they are not commeted to any being by anything.

As this is the case I see atheists are not different from theist, both following others ideas , both have some sort of blind belives, but both sides don't admit it.

Any way I hope every one day discover the truth before it is to late.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree