1. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 00:34
    How many of you atheists on the site have destroyed someone's faith on this site?

How many of you Christians have brought an atheist to salvation on this site?

How many of you followers of a particular religion have been able to bring one over to your side on this site?
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 00:57
    Originally posted by kirksey957
    How many of you atheists on the site have destroyed someone's faith on this site?

How many of you followers of a particular religion have been able to bring one over to your side on this site?
    My guess is probably zero on both sides. These type of debates can win over fence-sitters, but I doubt an internet debate has ever changed someone completely.
  3. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 00:59

Just now I understand your point of view.

I think it is a tie game so far!!!!
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 01:08

I think I have convinced everyone one this site that my views and beliefs are the truth. Them admitting to it is another story, however.😀😵😏😛
  5. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 01:12
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think I have convinced everyone one this site that my views and beliefs are the truth. Them admitting to it is another story, however.😀😵😏😛
    Why would they not admit it? Have you had one single person pm you and say something to the effect that "hey, man, I was lost until I read your wisdom. You saved my life. God bless."
  6. The sky
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 01:15

Some more questions:

How many of you theists have destroyed someone's faith on this site?

How many of you atheists have turned an atheist into a theist on this site?
  7. Joined
    03 Sep '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '06 01:26
    Why would they not admit it? Have you had one single person pm you and say something to the effect that "hey, man, I was lost until I read your wisdom. You saved my life. God bless."
    I have sent him several PMs but I don't remember I said such a thing!!!!
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 13:152 edits
    I was only kidding. As far as I know I have not changed any ones mind about anything. As far as my myself, however, although no one has shaken my faith I would say that my views have changed somewhat in regards to my faith. You see I used to be one of those creationists who thought science was the devil and was out to try and destroy my beliefs. My problem was that I knew that my faith was based in truth and that science was also based in truth. Therefore, how could I bring together the two when they seemed to contradict each other? The answer is, is that those who had indoctrinated me that science and the Bible were at odds were the ones who were wrong. After much study and prodding by others on this site I have come to these conclusions.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 13:52

I have not tried to destroy anyones faith. I do try to get people to think a bit harder about things they believe in though. And I think the debates help me to think deeper about what I believe in. If anything though the debates have made me more atheist if such a thing is possible.
    I do hope that some people better understand evolution and are less likely to encourage the teaching of creationism as science in schools. However I do not think that evolution is incompatible with theism.
  10. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 17:41
    I have had one person on the site appproach me and ask if I would baptize them. Ironically, there has never been any discussion of religion or any attempt on my part to evangelize them.
  11. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 18:16

No man can bring another man to salvation, only the Holy Spirit can.
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    12 Dec '06 18:17
    I have had one person on the site appproach me and ask if I would baptize them. Ironically, there has never been any discussion of religion or any attempt on my part to evangelize them.
    .... and .... did you baptise them ?
  13. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 01:37
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    .... and .... did you baptise them ?
    It's in the works. They have to go through my theological development training first to make sure that they conform to the teachings and spirit of Jesus.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 04:32

I would say that I have never, but if I have truly it would be the work of the Holy Spirit that brings someone to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ not me.
  15. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 Dec '06 05:20
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    I would say that I have never, but if I have truly it would be the work of the Holy Spirit that brings someone to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ not me.
    How do you define the holy spirit?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree