1. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    28 Aug '09 06:191 edit
    Originally posted by buckky
    I don't think so. Many very intelligent peole around the world believe in an after life. From what I understand about consciousness it is beyond the body. I don't feel that I am the body. My dream state seems as real as the waking state. I think what turns people off about this subjct is outlandish claims from one side or the other. When it comes to spiritual ...[text shortened]... f stone, and only deal with concrete matters. My life is more than what I can hold in my hand.
    Exactly! Its just the term- "afterlife".
    I know its meant to mean 'when your life is over' but I reckon its beyond time and therefore right here and now.

Gosh ! This life just gets weirder . How did I get on to this site? I'm not complaining, but sometimes I just dont know how I got to anywhere ...
    Not once have I seen 'karma' at work yet I still reckon its a determining factor in the universe... or is it a multiverse?...
  2. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Aug '09 07:33
    Originally posted by buckky
    Many very intelligent peole around the world believe in an after life.
    I am aware of that, however it is not really relevant.

From what I understand about consciousness it is beyond the body.
    You clearly haven't much of an education in the sciences.

I don't feel that I am the body.
    But I am fairly sure that you know that you are, despite what you 'feel'.

My dream state seems as real as the waking state.
    I doubt that. How do you know what is your dream state, and why do you call it such?

I think what turns people off about this subjct is outlandish claims from one side or the other.
    Why are they outlandish? If it is all speculation as you claim then you would not be able to distinguish outlandish claims from any other claims.

When it comes to spiritual matters it is all speculation unless you are a piece of stone, and only deal with concrete matters.
    That doesn't make any sense. Even if you don't deal with only concrete matters that does not render everything 'speculation'.

My life is more than what I can hold in my hand.
    I fully agree, but how does that support any claims about an afterlife? Can I use the same argument to support my claim that there are invisible pink unicorns hiding in my fridge?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree