Moves
    23 Jun '06 13:42

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 01:35
    What will heaven be like? Read 1 Corinthians 2:9 and see what the Bilbe says about it. "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him."
  3. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 01:37
    Originally posted by whodey
    What will heaven be like? Read 1 Corinthians 2:9 and see what the Bilbe says about it. "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for them that love him."
    How exactly does this tell us what Heaven will be like?

Sounds to me like the Bible is specifically stating we have no clue (nor can we) about what Heaven is really like.

-JC
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 01:41
    Originally posted by Churlant
    How exactly does this tell us what Heaven will be like?

Sounds to me like the Bible is specifically stating we have no clue (nor can we) about what Heaven is really like.

-JC
    Whats a matter? Can't stand suprises?
  5. Standard memberscottishinnz
    Kichigai!
    Osaka
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 04:121 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    ... imply that marriage does not continue, so maybe a bit of sleeping around will be permisible.
    And, I presume, you wouldn't even have to worry about STDs!

[edit; or pregnancy (for the ladies)!!!!]
  6. Joined
    22 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 07:25
    Just to let you know: There's a song that says:
    "In Heaven there is no beer,
    That's why we drink it here."

It's a country song, so you know it's the Truth.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 13:40
    Originally posted by Harry00
    Just to let you know: There's a song that says:
    "In Heaven there is no beer,
    That's why we drink it here."

It's a country song, so you know it's the Truth.
    Is it that there is no beer available or none needed or desired?
  8. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:02
    Whats a matter? Can't stand suprises?
    That isn't the point. You asked the question "What will Heaven be like?" and then you proceeded to answer that question.

Except you didn't. The "answer" is intentionally non-descriptive and does no more to actually give a useful reply than the post I'm responding to now.

I have no problem with surprises. What do you have against standing up and delivering a response rather than avoiding one?

-JC
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:11
    That isn't the point. You asked the question "What will Heaven be like?" and then you proceeded to answer that question.

Except you didn't. The "answer" is intentionally non-descriptive and does no more to actually give a useful reply than the post I'm responding to now.

I have no problem with surprises. What do you have against standing up and delivering a response rather than avoiding one?

-JC
    Although you say my post is nondescriptive, it does provide some answers as to the extent to which we will be able to comprehend what our lives will be like in heaven. As far as a physical description you can read the end of Revelation as it talks about a New Heaven and earth. The description is where we get the term "pearly gates" of heaven.
  10. Joined
    22 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:13
    Is it that there is no beer available or none needed or desired?
    I'm sorry. I heard this as a country song. Someone told me that it was originally a polka.

none available or none needed or desired? Tough question. Let me grab a cold one and think it over.
  11. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 14:18
    Although you say my post is nondescriptive, it does provide some answers as to the extent to which we will be able to comprehend what our lives will be like in heaven.
    Your post gives precisely zero answers. It tells us we can't comprehend Heaven, which is of little substance when looking for solid information.

I honestly couldn't care less what your Heaven is actually like, but it continues to bother me that you so easily post nothing at all.

Why not post some Revelations then, if that is where the real substance is given?

-JC
  12. Joined
    22 Jun '06
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 17:08
    Maybe we could just take our wives (or husbands) dancing, talk to our neighbors, teach some poor kid to read, teach me to play chess (cus' I'm old and tired and could use it), or give the person who delivers our mail a cold drink on a hot summer day. I don't know. I'm just a friggin' moron. Don't know as many words as you people know. Maybe I shouldn't have posted to this thread. But, I got an opinion.
    But, you know what they say about opinions.......
  13. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 17:40
    Originally posted by Harry00
    Maybe we could just take our wives (or husbands) dancing, talk to our neighbors, teach some poor kid to read, teach me to play chess (cus' I'm old and tired and could use it), or give the person who delivers our mail a cold drink on a hot summer day. I don't know. I'm just a friggin' moron. Don't know as many words as you people know. Maybe I shouldn't h ...[text shortened]... this thread. But, I got an opinion.
    But, you know what they say about opinions.......
    Don't feel bad. You speak of Truths far too simple for most of us. Somehow people feel they have to struggle for their "Truth", hence you get a few thousand pages of Do's and Don't's.

Eventually we'll all learn that the ultimate Truth is as easy as taking your wife dancing... even if you can't dance.

-JC
  14. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 17:45
    Don't feel bad. You speak of Truths far too simple for most of us. Somehow people feel they have to struggle for their "Truth", hence you get a few thousand pages of Do's and Don't's.

Eventually we'll all learn that the ultimate Truth is as easy as taking your wife dancing... even if you can't dance.

-JC
    If someone tried to take my wife dancing, I may get a tad upset.
  15. Standard memberChurlant
    Ego-Trip in Progress
    Phoenix, AZ
    Moves
    24 Jun '06 17:59
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    If someone tried to take my wife dancing, I may get a tad upset.
    Obviously when I refer to "your wife" I am indicating the reader's wife, not someone else's wife.

-JC

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree