The Young Age Of The Earth

YouTube
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    03 Jun '14 19:44
    Here is how the above video begins:

In 1977 the Research Communications Network published a special breakthrough report on the results of Dr. Gentry's scientific publications characterizing there implications as follows:

Earth's current physical laws may not have governed the past. Earth's primordial crustal rocks, rather than cooling and solidifying over millions of years, crystallized almost instantaneously.

Some geological formations thought to be one hundred million years old are in reality only several thousand years old. Grant these propositions - and any researcher will tell you - the entire structure of historical natural sciences would dissolve into formlessness. Few certainties would remain. Yet these very possibilities (and others equally challenging) have been suggested in a remarkable series of papers published over the past several years in the world's foremost scientific journals - Nature, Science, and Annual Review Of Nuclear Science, among others.
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 06:181 edit
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Here is how the above video begins:

In 1977 the Research Communications Network published a special breakthrough report on the results of Dr. Gentry's scientific publications characterizing there implications as follows:

Earth's current physical laws may not have governed the past. Earth's primordial crustal rocks, rather than cooling and solidifying o ...[text shortened]... t scientific journals - Nature, Science, and Annual Review Of Nuclear Science, among others.
    [/b]
    This posting demonstrates very well why a young earth shouldn't be discussed in the Science Forum but suits perfectly in the Spiritual Forum.

If the bible says 6000 years of age, then it must be so.
    Because in another place in the bible it says that the bible is the truth, so then it must be so.
    If observations contradicts the bible, then the observations must be wrong, because the bible cannot be wrong.
    This means that all science education can immediately close, because the bible is all that is needed.
    And those who interprets the science of the bible must be right, even if different interpreters contradict eachother.
    Because the bible is true because the bible itself says it is true, therefore it must be true.

🙄
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 06:28
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    This posting demonstrates very well why a young earth shouldn't be discussed in the Science Forum but suits perfectly in the Spiritual Forum.

If the bible says 6000 years of age, then it must be so.
    Because in another place in the bible it says that the bible is the truth, so then it must be so.
    If observations contradicts the bible, then the observ ...[text shortened]... use the bible is true because the bible itself says it is true, therefore it must be true.

🙄
    Of course the Holy Bible is true, but God has left much for us to discover on our own. We can only use the knowledge in the Holy Bible as a guide to lead us to the truth in all things. If it contradicts the Holy Bible, then we should look for another answer.
  5. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 07:28
    Of course the Holy Bible is true, but God has left much for us to discover on our own. We can only use the knowledge in the Holy Bible as a guide to lead us to the truth in all things. If it contradicts the Holy Bible, then we should look for another answer.
    I was using irony. You seem not to.

I like what you say: "If it contradicts the Holy Bible, then we should look for another answer." which was my main point in the irony.

If what you see doesn't agree to your opinion, then there must be something wrong with your eyes. (This is also irony.)

This is why Young Earth Creationism cannot ever be a part of science. If you don't redefine science heavily. (Also irony.)
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 07:53
    I was using irony. You seem not to.

I like what you say: "If it contradicts the Holy Bible, then we should look for another answer." which was my main point in the irony.

If what you see doesn't agree to your opinion, then there must be something wrong with your eyes. (This is also irony.)

This is why Young Earth Creationism cannot ever be a part of science. If you don't redefine science heavily. (Also irony.)
    That is because I have faith in the truth of the holy scriptures, whereas, you do not.
  7. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 07:57
    That is because I have faith in the truth of the holy scriptures, whereas, you do not.
    For me there isn't any such thing that is holy. Holy is a religious word, therefore it doesn't mean much for me.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 08:13
    For me there isn't any such thing that is holy. Holy is a religious word, therefore it doesn't mean much for me.
    That's a shame.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 08:22
    That's a shame.
    Well, not for me. If it is for you, it is entirely your shame, not mine.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 08:29
    Well, not for me. If it is for you, it is entirely your shame, not mine.
    I just feel sorry for you. That's all I meant.
  11. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 08:33
    I just feel sorry for you. That's all I meant.
    Well, you don't have to feel sorry for me. If you like to feel sorry, then it is okay by me. It's your religion, not mine.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    04 Jun '14 21:32
    But saying that the earth is billions of years old (which happens to be one of those 'things' God left us to discover) does NOT contradict the Bible. To say it does puts words in God's mouth.

Tell me, Ron, how long do YOU think it takes to create oil and coal in the earth's crust?
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 02:14
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    But saying that the earth is billions of years old (which happens to be one of those 'things' God left us to discover) does NOT contradict the Bible. To say it does puts words in God's mouth.

Tell me, Ron, how long do YOU think it takes to create oil and coal in the earth's crust?
    In the leading theory, dead organic material accumulates on the bottom of oceans, riverbeds or swamps, mixing with mud and sand. Over time, more sediment piles on top and the resulting heat and pressure transforms the organic layer into a dark and waxy substance known as kerogen.

Left alone, the kerogen molecules eventually crack, breaking up into shorter and lighter molecules composed almost solely of carbon and hydrogen atoms. Depending on how liquid or gaseous this mixture is, it will turn into either petroleum or natural gas.

So how long does this process take?

Scientists aren't really sure, but they figure it's probably on the order of hundreds of thousands of years.

http://www.livescience.com/9404-mysterious-origin-supply-oil.html

I believe it is on the order of hundreds of years or maybe even less.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 12:232 edits
    In the leading theory, dead organic material accumulates on the bottom of oceans, riverbeds or swamps, mixing with mud and sand. Over time, more sediment piles on top and the resulting heat and pressure transforms the organic layer into a dark and waxy substance known as kerogen.

Left alone, the kerogen molecules eventually crack, breaking up into shorte ...[text shortened]... supply-oil.html

[b]I believe it is on the order of hundreds of years or maybe even less.
    [/b]
    You worded it right with your first two words: I believe.

The rest of the world knows better. Of course with your deep programming you are taught to fight all the harder against the forces of perceived evil all around you and all your devils coming out the woodwork.

Take a look at this deep field Hubble photo, it shows thousands of galaxies and maybe three local stars (stars in our own galaxy). When you look at this image, please note our galaxy is 100,000 light years across as are most of the galaxies in this image.

Now try to rationalize that with your opinion the whole universe is a few thousand light years across.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap140605.html
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    05 Jun '14 16:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You worded it right with your first two words: I believe.

The rest of the world knows better. Of course with your deep programming you are taught to fight all the harder against the forces of perceived evil all around you and all your devils coming out the woodwork.

Take a look at this deep field Hubble photo, it shows thousands of galaxies and maybe ...[text shortened]... whole universe is a few thousand light years across.

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap140605.html
    I never stated that my opinion was that the whole universe is a few thousand light years across. I said the Holy Bible says God stretched out the heavens, which means the heavens must have been more compacted and the stars closer together at creation.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree